Aldeer.com

Weekday breakfast

Posted By: just_an_illusion

Weekday breakfast - 09/20/18 01:49 PM

What do you guys and ladies do for weekday breakfast? I've been doing 2 Nature Valley breakfast bars about 6am when I leave the house and a bananna or something about 9am or so at work whenever I get hungry. Problem is, the bars are loaded with carbs and sugar. With my new job being way more desk than shop now, this ain't working. I have only gained a few pounds (less than 10) in the 5 months I've been here but most days I feel like I've hurt myself at the local Mexican Buffet on free beer night. Looking into the low carb / high protein breakfast route, but not looking for something that takes 30 minutes to fix everyday either. What y'all do?

Thanks
Jason
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/20/18 01:58 PM

Boil a dozen eggs. Eat 3 in the morning with your choice of meat. Sausage, bacon, bologna or what ever.
Posted By: bama1157

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/20/18 02:00 PM

I have been eating 10-15 carrots for breakfast and a few handfuls of sunflower seeds, so by lunch I am starving, if you go to Walmart they sell atkins breakfast bars that only have 3-4 carbs in them, they have a couple different kinds of breakfast bars, they keep them by the Pharmacy.

You could also boil some eggs and eat a couple for breakfast, boil them on Sunday night and eat them all week...
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/20/18 02:03 PM

I make eggs or a protein smoothie every morning. It doesn’t take but 10 minutes to brown some conecuh and scramble a few eggs.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/20/18 02:03 PM

Generally an egg or two...boiled, over easy or scrambled and sausage, bacon or ham. High protein low carb....if I have fresh tomatoes I slice up a tomato too,
Posted By: top cat

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/20/18 07:56 PM

A bowl of Cherrios with fresh strawberries cut up mixed in almost every day.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/20/18 11:54 PM

I just got finished cooking 3 Tennessee Pride patties and 3 boiled eggs because I won’t have time in the morning. Then I’ll slip some no carb cheese in, some jalapeños on the plate for flavor, and maybe a couple of my low carb spicy pickles.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/21/18 12:35 AM

Coffee, oatmeal, and Myoplex.
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/21/18 12:41 AM

Thanks Y'all. Definitely not looking for nothing that'll "stay with ya" as this new job has me sitting alot instead of up burning calories wide open. I can't hardly do milk/cereal most days, its gotten to where lactose messes me up at times. I fried some bacon tonight, then chopped and sauteed some onion and green bell pepper, cracked some eggs, added some cheese and a dash of Zatarans. Mixed it all together and poured it into a muffin pan and baked them. We'll see how they are in the morning.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/21/18 01:35 AM

I cook 3 strips of Wright brand bacon and 2 fried eggs every morning
Posted By: top cat

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/21/18 01:56 AM

I can't drink milk any more as well. I use lactose fat free milk. I know it isn't any where near the same as milk but it works for me. Some times I use Musle Milk instead and is really good for me any way.
Posted By: Fuzzy_Bunny

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/21/18 02:25 AM

You could cut your carbs and calories in half by only eating one nature valley granola bar every morning. Save some money too.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/21/18 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Darrylcom
I just got finished cooking 3 Tennessee Pride patties and 3 boiled eggs because I won’t have time in the morning. Then I’ll slip some no carb cheese in, some jalapeños on the plate for flavor, and maybe a couple of my low carb spicy pickles.

You got more will power than me.
No way I could cook sausage and eggs and wait 12 hours to eat them.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/21/18 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by just_an_illusion
What do you guys and ladies do for weekday breakfast?

big bowl of cheerios multigrain & then mid-morning a small protein bar
Posted By: biglmbass

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/21/18 02:58 PM

My 5 day a week office breakfast is microwaved oatmeal with a handful each of blueberries, almonds, & walnuts thrown in. Most days it gets me to lunch & the days it doesn't I'll eat a pack of crackers as a snack around 9 or 9:30 am.
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/22/18 01:50 AM

I have a Mountain Dew in the morning and eat lunch at 11

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/22/18 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by bama1157
I have been eating 10-15 carrots for breakfast ..

Pardon? Are you a rabbit? 15 carrots?
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/22/18 03:32 AM

Lately it’s been a sun drop and a pinch of snuff. Need to start eating a healthy breakfast in the mornings though.
Posted By: MattIce

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/22/18 03:52 AM

I can't eat anything for breakfast. Lunch and dinner and that's it
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/23/18 11:36 PM

Oatmeal and Diet Dew. Every day.
Posted By: Stob

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/24/18 12:55 AM

Usually just coffee.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/24/18 01:57 AM

A Red Bull and some kind of gut grenade biscuit from the convenience store
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/24/18 01:51 PM

protein shake, 2 scoops whey protein and milk
Posted By: bama1157

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/24/18 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by bama1971

Well the baby carrots... I am usually starving by lunch...
Posted By: furnfeather

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/24/18 04:18 PM

4am = glass of milk or OJ,2x Biscuits with organic honey on each,2x bacon,1x egg with gravy 1 morning then grits the next morning and finally with oatmeal the next morning and start rotation over again. Then about 2.5hrs after that 1 banana with a tangerine or strawberry/blueberries and a protein shake. By 11am I'm starving ahs ready for lunch.
Posted By: Out back

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/24/18 09:35 PM

All the experts say you should eat breakfast.
But if I eat breakfast I'll actually be more hungry by lunch time.
When I skip breakfast I can have one sandwich for lunch and be good til supper.

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/25/18 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Out back

All the experts say you should eat breakfast.
But if I eat breakfast I'll actually be more hungry by lunch time.
When I skip breakfast I can have one sandwich for lunch and be good til supper.

same here. and the only time i'm hungry early for lunch is after a huge supper. I think its something about stretching your stomach out.
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/26/18 01:39 AM

Black coffee and water from 4:30 till around 2. I eat my lunch I bring to work at 9. Maybe a pack of crackers or some peanuts at 2.
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/26/18 02:04 AM

Cliff Bar and a Diet Coke; office or tree stand
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/26/18 03:06 PM

Carbs and sugar are bad, but you definatly need to stay away from processed food that have preservatives like sodium nitrite in it. Try and find a local processor that sells fresh sausage and bacon. They tell me Publix sells bacon and sausage with no preservatives. Preservatives kill your testosterone levels and are linked to cancer. My doctor told me to eat like my grandparents did. They didn't have preservatives in everything back in the 50's and 60's, and even the 70's. Fresh fruit, fresh veggies, fresh meat. Deer better watch their ass this year.
Posted By: T-town

Re: Weekday breakfast - 09/26/18 10:27 PM

After years of cereal (Cheerios, corn Chex, Raisin Bran) and an apple or banana every morning, I’d gotten tired of my stomach growling by 10. This summer I started getting up 10 minutes earlier and now eat a combination of 3-5 scrambled eggs, deer sausage, bacon, advocado on some healthy grain bread, Greek yogurt topped with fresh strawberries or blueberries and a handful of almonds or walnuts. Mental
And physical energy is way up during the workday since I started eating this way.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM