Aldeer.com

Apples

Posted By: top cat

Apples - 09/06/18 08:57 PM

I have always loved fresh apples, just pick it up and eat it. Since the first of the year I've been working on a healthier lifestyle and that includes an apple a day. Golden delicious was always my favorite but after a few months I started trying different kinds. Came across one called Ambrosia. These things are mighty fine. If you've never tried one you may want to.
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Apples - 09/06/18 09:36 PM

Tried Honeycrisp yet? It is about the only kind I buy any more.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Apples - 09/07/18 12:07 AM

Dave beat me to it. I love honey crisp.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Apples - 09/07/18 12:17 AM

Honey crisp is #1 and it ain’t close. Pink lady isn’t bad, nor is gala.

Re: Apples - 09/07/18 12:22 AM

I may have but I will try a bag.
Posted By: James

Re: Apples - 09/07/18 12:39 AM

Heck my Grandpa still drives up to South Carolina to pick up fresh apples grin
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Apples - 09/07/18 01:39 AM

I wish the two in my backyard would produce. The just prune up and fall off.
Posted By: Damyankee

Re: Apples - 09/09/18 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by trlrdrdave

Same here. Fuji's aren't bad either.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Apples - 09/09/18 04:55 PM

I'm a fan of just plain ol' Granny Smith.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Apples - 09/11/18 05:57 PM

I love fresh apples and I miss the summers at Grandaddy Gullion's with the apple trees on the north side of the property. I can't count the times us kids got way too eager and ate green apples. The squirts were guaranteed but never deterred us laugh
Posted By: jas60hawk

Re: Apples - 09/11/18 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by trlrdrdave

My all time favorite, there is nothing else that compares. I almost picked up some at the store last week till i saw the price $7.99. I about had a heart attack!!

Re: Apples - 09/12/18 07:39 PM

Well I tried the Honeycrisp. I like the Ambrosia better. The honey crisp don't seem as sweet and has a thicker peal, to me anyway. May have just got a bad bag.
Posted By: Damyankee

Re: Apples - 09/13/18 09:40 PM

I'm thinking you did TC. The thin skin and sweetness of the Honeycrisp is exactly what I like about them. A good one tastes like apple candy.

Re: Apples - 09/25/18 03:16 PM

Ambrosia apples. Best by far, to me any way, For those that prefer other kinds, have yall ever even tried the Ambrosias...??
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Apples - 09/28/18 07:59 PM

Love a good Honeycrisp or Ambrosia ...really I like most all of them but I NEVER buy anything but organic. A few years ago, someone told me if I would put an apple in the pot with my Bromeliad plant it would help force it to bloom. I did this and the apple, which was not organic, BARELY had any decomposition on the entire thing 6 months later!!! SIX MONTHS!!!!! WTH did they put on that apple to preserve it THAT long? Seemed simple to me that I did not want to be eating those any longer.
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Apples - 10/01/18 12:56 AM

I love me some honeycrisp apples. There are others that I like, but the honeycrisps are my favorite.
Posted By: Spottedbass

Re: Apples - 10/01/18 12:32 PM

Rave is a new one that's very good. It comes in earlier in the year.

There's also one called Jonogold that I would highly recommend if you ever see it. We would always go up to N Ga/NC this time of year and come back with a truckload of apples.
Posted By: Rooster600

Re: Apples - 10/02/18 01:58 AM

Jonagold are very good, just picked some today actually. Also got some pinova, had never had them before, but they are outstanding! You just can't beat fresh picked apples, store bought ones just don't compare.
Posted By: NWALJM

Re: Apples - 10/03/18 04:17 PM

Not a big apple fan in general. If I do eat one it's usually a golden delicious.
Posted By: AC870

Re: Apples - 10/04/18 11:35 PM

Gotta try the Honeycrisp and Ambrosia. I been on the Fujis this week.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Apples - 10/05/18 04:54 PM

^^^^^^^^^Honeycrisp and Fuji ^^^^^^^^^

They are my favorites
© 2024 ALDEER.COM