Aldeer.com

Your Favorite "Quick" Meal

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 01:22 PM

so ....... just curious what everyone's "quick" meal is ...... like during the weekday when you're shot & don't really feel like cooking, what do you make for you/your family? i'm talking meals that take 30 mins (or less) to prepare ...... preferably with minimal clean-up afterwards, too ......

fire away!
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 03:50 PM

This isn't perzactly what you're looking for but we've got a bunch of little ones running around so when we're fried/tired/short on time we'll pick up a couple of rotisserie chickens and a couple bags of salad and a big loaf of french bread from wally world. Only work involved is pulling the meat off the bone and plating it up. 10 people eat for $20ish.

Breakfast for dinner is always good. You can make it as easy or elaborate as you wish. Big mess of scrambled eggs, toast, fruit and deer sausage. Easy peasy.
Posted By: Beadlescomb

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 04:23 PM

I can cook a steak in about 6 minutes
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 04:41 PM

Steak
Spaghetti
Tacos
Posted By: hunter84

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 05:03 PM

Bowl of cold cereal !!!!
Posted By: BC

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 05:26 PM

I go to Publix and get some fresh bagels, creamcheese, an onion, a tomato, and a couple packs of cold smoked salmon. Warm the bagel, smear on some creamcheese, add the salmon, slice of tomato and thin slice of onion. Add a little pepper. Ready 5 minutes after you walk in the door.

Mmmmm Mmmmm.

[Linked Image]

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 05:54 PM

dang guys!!! awesome - keep 'em coming!!! thanks
Posted By: donia

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 06:01 PM

ground turkey wraps/tacos. ground browned turkey in taco seasoning, taco shells, pico, sour cream, tiger sauce and grated cheese
Posted By: top cat

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 06:18 PM

Bowl of Cherrios w/ strawberries.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 06:43 PM

I love me a pimento cheese with lettuce and mater and a couple pieces of fried bacon.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 07:19 PM

Quick grits in the microwave with cheese, sautéed conecuh sausage, and a fried egg to make the perfect breakfast (for dinner) bowl.
Posted By: Damyankee

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 08:17 PM

I'm part of the cereal crowd. That's dinner at least 5 days out of the week.
Posted By: MS_Hunter

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/17/18 11:14 PM

Fried bologna sandwich
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/18/18 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by MS_Hunter
Fried bologna sandwich

This
Posted By: JohnnyLoco

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/18/18 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
Quick grits in the microwave with cheese, sautéed conecuh sausage, and a fried egg to make the perfect breakfast (for dinner) bowl.

Uncle Robert, is that you?
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/18/18 05:57 PM

Can’t really do it last minute but it helps me get through the day when I’ve put some red beans/sausage /seasonings in the crock pot that morning.

Come home, cook some rice, top with beans/sausage, a little Texas toast on the side and you’re eating in 15 mins.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/19/18 01:35 AM

Kielbasa sausage cut up, green peppers, and onions all fried up. Put on rice, add some BBQ sauce.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/19/18 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by BC
I go to Publix and get some fresh bagels, creamcheese, an onion, a tomato, and a couple packs of cold smoked salmon. Warm the bagel, smear on some creamcheese, add the salmon, slice of tomato and thin slice of onion. Add a little pepper. Ready 5 minutes after you walk in the door.

Mmmmm Mmmmm.

[Linked Image]

One of my favorites!
Posted By: AU338MAG

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/20/18 08:25 PM

Grits don't come from a microwave. Unless your a damn Yankee.

Jus sayin.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/20/18 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by AU338MAG

Jus sayin.

I can make grits in a microwave better than you can make on the stove, guaranteed.

Yankees don’t eat grits, duh.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/20/18 11:32 PM

I can grill some deer burgers and cook some French fries pretty quick. I could do it every day
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/20/18 11:44 PM

I do a box of Zataran's jambalaya mix with a pack of conecuh sausage. Takes about 25 minutes. Prep is 5ish.

Other great choices are spaghetti/ravioli or tacos, as mentioned above.
Posted By: Dallas County

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/21/18 12:26 AM

I like to butterfly the boneless chicken breasts to about .5”. Coat lightly with olive oil, garlic salt, pepper and sear on grill or grill pan for 3 min per side. Then I can do roll ups, salad, pasta, sandwiches whatever for the next couple days.
Posted By: jb20

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/21/18 03:12 AM

Deer stroganoff my 1 pick then spaghetti then deer meat scrambled up with knorr pasta on side those get made twice a week then a publix chicken one night and steak one night rest nights kids starve or spending night away
Posted By: jmudler

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/21/18 04:02 PM

Jerky or sticks if it just me.
Posted By: BPI

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/21/18 10:26 PM

Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with some chips and a cold glass of milk
Posted By: trailertrash

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/22/18 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by BPI
Peanut butter and jelly sandwich with some chips and a cold glass of milk

My man!
Posted By: GKelly

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/22/18 03:37 AM

we have a rice cooker with a steam tray. i usually put some brown rice with sazon seasoning in the pot a bag of broccoli in the steam tray and when the timer goes off put some velveeta cheese on the broccoli and a can or two of chicken in the rice.
Posted By: James

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/22/18 05:25 AM

Nekot Peanut Butter Cookies grin
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/22/18 10:59 AM

Search for my one pot pasta on here. Everything on one pot with some chicken stock and simmer. It's all done in about 20 minutes.

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2528069&Searchpage=1&Main=183856&Words=%2Bone+%2Bpot+%2Bpasta&Search=true#Post2528069

And another...

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2339428&Searchpage=1&Main=172026&Words=%2Bone+%2Bpot+%2Bpasta&Search=true#Post2339428

Something else to remember is the lowly crock pot...

Mrs. Irish has taken a completely frozen roast and put it in the crock pot seasoned it with cumin and other spices put it all in the crock pot on high in the morning before she leaves for work. Then when we come home it's done and we shred it up and make the best beef tacos you have ever had. You can do the same with a Boston butt too. Or frozen chicken breast for pork or chicken tacos.

Take the left over beef and make a hash out of it the next night. Take the left over pork and make pulled pork sandwiches out of it. Take the left over chicken and make enchiladas out of it.
Posted By: Chris4x4Gill2

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/22/18 12:10 PM

I'll do a couple pounds of taco meat o nthe stove, leftovers go In the fridge and we eat on it for a few days. Anything from taco's, nachos, wraps to just a bowl with meat and cheese

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/22/18 01:38 PM

YUMMY guys!!! thx for all the ideas; will def be trying some of them soon ....
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/22/18 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by James
Nekot Peanut Butter Cookies grin

Man, I haven't had any of them in a while. I'll be stopping by the gas station for a pack here shortly.
Posted By: BowtechDan

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/23/18 09:33 AM

Jus sayin.

I can make grits in a microwave better than you can make on the stove, guaranteed.

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/23/18 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by BowtechDan

Jus sayin.

Sounds like SBS is using m magic grits also.
Posted By: Bamabucks14

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/25/18 12:48 PM

I agree with the rotisserie chicken comment except we just get the chicken and then dump that white sauce all over it. But the EASIEST and QUICKEST supper is a cold shrimp tray with
Cocktail sauce. I will destroy 50 shrimp myself!
Posted By: jrs89

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/27/18 12:30 AM

Miller lite
Posted By: Stob

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/27/18 01:36 AM

I love some instant grits.
Posted By: AlabamaHuntress

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/27/18 01:42 AM

I keep deer burgers, hash and stew made up in the freezer at all times for a quick thaw out for supper. One sheet suppers are quick and easy too. Just put some meat and veggies on a roasting pan with butter and spices and cook. Easy as pie.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/27/18 02:07 AM

one rotisserie chicken
chicken broth
can corn
can beans
rotel
pack of taco seasoning
pack of ranch
water

but breakfast is my favorite quick dinner

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/27/18 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stob
I love some instant grits.

slap
Posted By: AlabamaHuntress

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/27/18 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by johndeere5036
I can grill some deer burgers and cook some French fries pretty quick. I could do it every day

That's a nice buck in your pic!
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/27/18 11:05 PM

Chicken and rice is my favorite, one pot, easy to cook meal.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Your Favorite "Quick" Meal - 08/27/18 11:21 PM

A large BLT
© 2024 ALDEER.COM