Aldeer.com

36" Blackstone

Posted By: snakebit

36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 02:27 AM

I got my new 36" Blackstone griddle today and I am anxious to get to cooking. Would love to know if any of y'all have one and what your favorite things to cook on it are.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 02:32 AM

I've been eyeing them pretty close but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Post up some cooks when you get started!
Posted By: Driveby

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 02:58 AM

I have had one but just a few days. I seasoned it twice with lard then cooked some burgers on it. They turned out great. I cooked pancakes on it for the family Sunday morning and liked how I could knock out the entire batch at once. So far I love it.
Posted By: James

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 03:50 AM

Not meaning to Hi-Jack, but I have the 17" at camp, and it's giving me fits trying to get it seasoned. Any tips would be appreciated......
Posted By: jwyatt

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 05:38 AM

I’ve had one for about 6 months and I like it. I’ve mainly done breakfast on it. We’ll eat that for dinner occasionally too. It is nice to do almost all the breakfast at once. Pancakes, sausage, and fried eggs is what we usually have on it. Scrambled were ok but they try to run away from you. I’ve done shrimp and steak on it once. The shrimp turned out good and the steak wasn’t bad but I would rather have it done on the grill instead. Used some teriyaki sauce on the shrimp. I’ve been wanting to try the rice like at the habachi places. I found the yum yum sauce the other day. James it took about 6 or 7 times to get it seasoned good.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 10:34 AM

I've got a question about these...

The side deck on my cabin is going to be my grilling deck. It's just off the kitchen. It will be open on the sides and covered with a low roof about 7' to 9' high from lowest point to highest. I plan on having my little cast iron Lodge hibachi out there as well as my Akorn Kamado and I would like to put a smaller griddle like one of these Blackstones that you guys have. Is this something I could leave out there on a deck with open sides?
Posted By: Driveby

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Irishguy

The side deck on my cabin is going to be my grilling deck. It's just off the kitchen. It will be open on the sides and covered with a low roof about 7' to 9' high from lowest point to highest. I plan on having my little cast iron Lodge hibachi out there as well as my Akorn Kamado and I would like to put a smaller griddle like one of these Blackstones that you guys have. Is this something I could leave out there on a deck with open sides?

I would probably purchase some sort of slip on cover for it.
Posted By: Darrylcom

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 03:20 PM

Definitely get the cover it’s cheap under $30 and seems to be well made. For seasoning turn burners on high and wait until it’s as hot as it gets. Squirt you some vegetable or olive oil on and using a wad of paper towels and some tongs spread all over even sides and outside. Watch it smoke. When it’s done smoking repeat. You can do it more but they say after twice you are good to go.
Posted By: donia

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/24/18 03:58 PM

I went overkill and did1 cycle with grape seed oil (high smoke point) and then 3 seasoning cycles with olive oil (oil, smoke, cool...oil, smoke, cool..etc) and then cooked a pack of thick cut hickory bacon on it before burgers to use the bacon on.
definitely want a slip cover and be sure to use a light coat of oil before storing, especially in the humidity we often suffer.
Posted By: JBrown1975

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/25/18 12:54 AM

I would make a tight fitting metal cover and put a heavy coat of grease or oil on it every time you are done with it.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/25/18 01:19 AM

This guy over on the egghead forum is making some real nice stainless covers for blackstones.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1212957/ot-new-stainless-blackstone-cover

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/25/18 01:29 AM

Crenshaw has posted what you need for a griddle cover. Just keep a jar of bacon grease, wipe it down, and put the top on.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/25/18 01:36 AM

blackstone makes a hard cover that looks a lot like that one on egghead (2 handles on top instead of side), but they are on backorder until sometime in september.
Posted By: hallb

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/25/18 12:53 PM

Breakfast
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/25/18 10:15 PM

I cube squash, zucchini , mushrooms and onions for the 36" griddle. I cook steaks, burgers, hotdogs and have cooked lamb chops. All turn out great. I keep mine in the garage with the Blackstone cover on it and when I'm ready to cook I just give it a quick cleaning and have at it

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/28/18 02:20 AM

Thanks. It's been a wild week but hope to get it cranked up soon.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/29/18 12:46 PM

Irish, I know they are making hard covers for the majority of the sizes now. I would probably look into one of those.

I have heard the slip covers can make them rust pretty good if you're going to store them for any length of time.
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/29/18 11:56 PM

[Linked Image]
We love ours. Makes one heck of a burger. Well everything we cooked on it was great. Love to cook a breakfast on it. Gonna be a great addition to the camp.
Posted By: turkey_killer

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/31/18 02:36 AM

I have one. The food I have cooked in it turns out good.

Pros: able to cook lots of food at once.

Cons: having to clean it after each use, the oil drip system overflows when you pour water on it to clean it, it’s very hot to stand by and cook, seems like it’d be easy to get burned on especially for children walking by

Overall, Seems good for outdoor parties with lots of food to cook. May be a little too much trouble if you’re grilling a few hamburgers.

I’m thinking about buying a small grill to use for quicker family meals with less work involved.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/03/18 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by turkey_killer
I have one. The food I have cooked in it turns out good.

Pros: able to cook lots of food at once.

Cons: having to clean it after each use, the oil drip system overflows when you pour water on it to clean it, it’s very hot to stand by and cook, seems like it’d be easy to get burned on especially for children walking by

Overall, Seems good for outdoor parties with lots of food to cook. May be a little too much trouble if you’re grilling a few hamburgers.

I’m thinking about buying a small grill to use for quicker family meals with less work involved.

I replaced the little drip pan with a 4" miniature galvanized bucket. I just hang the handle over the piece of angle iron and let it fill up. I also usually line it with heavy duty foil to make cleaning it easier. The grease will really get the camp fire going after dinner.

I also carefully drilled out the hole in the angle iron to make the hole bigger so if I am doing burgers and the fat has that jelly like stuff it wont clog up the hole.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/03/18 08:37 PM

Marshmud, I see you have the newest version. I bought one on sale for home for $199, a steal I thought. It’s the old version that has the drip rail on front and goes to a bucket on the right. It’s crap. Food falls off, grease drips down the leg and if you put it in a wood deck you will ruin it shortly. Then I saw the new model like marsh has so I had to get it for the lake. Night and day difference. I offered to sell my old one for $70 so I can buy another new model for home. Make sure you get the one with the grease trap on the back it makes it 100% better. If anyone wants to make me an offer in the old model, be careful you might own it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/08/18 02:14 AM

[Linked Image]

Loving this griddle. If you're on the fence, go ahead and get it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/08/18 11:50 PM

[Linked Image]

Patty melts tonight.
Posted By: WDE

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/11/18 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Darrylcom
Marshmud, I see you have the newest version. I bought one on sale for home for $199, a steal I thought. It’s the old version that has the drip rail on front and goes to a bucket on the right. It’s crap. Food falls off, grease drips down the leg and if you put it in a wood deck you will ruin it shortly. Then I saw the new model like marsh has so I had to get it for the lake. Night and day difference. I offered to sell my old one for $70 so I can buy another new model for home. Make sure you get the one with the grease trap on the back it makes it 100% better. If anyone wants to make me an offer in the old model, be careful you might own it.

What would it take to get your old one? You didn't exactly sell me on it with your description:) I've got a 17" model and have been thinking about getting a larger one.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/11/18 12:39 AM

Tonight I did some filet mignon with some zucchini and onions and asparagus as sides. Steaks cooked pretty good. Sides were excellent.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/11/18 02:28 AM

how long did the filets take? i’m still getting used to the quicker cook times over the grill for meats. ...love the nutty flavor that comes out in the asparagus!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/11/18 06:32 PM

I did not really keep up with the time but I waited a bit after putting on the asparagus and z&o. Should've put them on at the same time. But was probably a minute or two sear on all sides then a few minutes on each side covered to get the internal temp up to 135.

Originally Posted by donia
how long did the filets take? i’m still getting used to the quicker cook times over the grill for meats. ...love the nutty flavor that comes out in the asparagus!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/11/18 11:06 PM

I made some cheese steak sandwiches tonight. I should have used a better steak but they were still good. Did all i could to make it as tender as possible.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/28/18 01:12 AM

"Snakebit, what's the best thing you've made on your griddle so far?"

Well...

[Linked Image]

Chicken and cheese quesadillas with sauteed onions and jalapenos.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/28/18 02:51 AM

Nice.
Posted By: Stob

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/28/18 12:30 PM

Y'all are killing me.
I'd weigh 400 lbs.
Posted By: Damyankee

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/28/18 11:23 PM

Snakebit, I'd say you've got cooking on that thing mastered. All your food looks outstanding! thumbup

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/28/18 11:53 PM

Tonight I broke out the Japanese hat.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/29/18 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by snakebit

[Linked Image]

I’ll take double yum yum sauce please sir.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/29/18 02:25 AM

[Linked Image]

That poor dusty forsaken grill in the background.... lol

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/29/18 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards

That poor dusty forsaken grill in the background.... lol

She still gets some lovin'

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Damyankee

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/29/18 10:15 PM

Now you're just showing off. grin
Posted By: BC

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/01/18 08:28 PM

I’m going to have to get me one of these for deer camp.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/07/18 12:36 AM

I made my first try at French Toast tonight and it was fantastic.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/18/18 08:47 PM

Darrylcom,
And whoever else may be interested.
You can now buy a new top with the rear grease system to go on your old stand directly from Blackstone.
The 36" was 149.99 and comes with the drip bucket.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/19/18 05:00 PM

Thanks I’ll check it out

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/26/18 03:12 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/23/18 04:43 PM

I have one at home and at the camp. Mine have the black cast iron tops (have a friend with a stainless version). After using and cleaning I put a little oil on it and put it in a large plastic bag. It keeps dust, pollen, bugs etc. off it. Oil will keep it from rusting.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/19/18 11:59 AM

Life gets busy sometimes and I hadn't been able to do much on the Blackstone but I got it out last night for bacon and pancakes.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: James

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/19/18 10:44 PM

Life gets busy sometimes and I hadn't been able to do much on the Blackstone but I got it out last night for bacon and pancakes.

[Linked Image]

Oh yeah!!! Just need to ad some little sizzlers for when i come to visit rofl

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/21/18 12:30 PM

If any of you may be interested, Walmart will have the 28" version on sale for $118 on Black Friday.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/31/18 03:24 AM

[Linked Image]

Parmesan crusted chicken and green beans.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/31/18 12:24 PM

I got one for Christmas and am stoked. Just waiting on the cover to come in before I assemble and season it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/31/18 01:17 PM

I got the 28" for Christmas, did breakfast on it of pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns and man it was great!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/02/19 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by SouthBamaSlayer
I got one for Christmas and am stoked. Just waiting on the cover to come in before I assemble and season it.

Originally Posted by Bustinbeards
I got the 28" for Christmas, did breakfast on it of pancakes, bacon, hashbrowns and man it was great!

Can't wait to see some of y'all's cooks and get new ideas.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/14/19 03:04 PM

Have been cooking just not taking many pictures.
We had some quesadillas last night with fresh jalapenos from the garden.
Sorry no picture from the griddle but here are the results

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/14/19 03:26 PM

I told my wife the other day that a 36” Blackstone would make a nice Father’s Day gift. Either way I’m getting one soon.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/14/19 04:03 PM

Yeah im in the market for one as well for the river place. Good idea for a fathers day gift for sure!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/16/19 11:10 AM

Bacon, Pancakes, and Scrambled Eggs.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/16/19 03:20 PM

Your doing good at keeping that new wife of yours happy

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/20/19 11:33 AM

The other night we had some smashed deer burgers.
I don't know that I will ever grill another hamburger.
The Blackstone makes a good burger.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/20/19 11:50 AM

We love smash burgers on the blackstone!
Posted By: k bush

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/20/19 01:03 PM

Bacon, Pancakes, and Scrambled Eggs.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Where's the rest of the bacon ? That's just enough to piss me off.
Posted By: BPI

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/21/19 05:40 PM

I'm getting one.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/22/19 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by BPI
I'm getting one.

Awesome. Post some cooks.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/24/19 12:47 AM

Fajita Night

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/25/19 02:01 AM

Ooooohhhh. Hibachi again.
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/29/19 11:50 PM

Tonight was Conecuh Sausage dogs and homestyle potatoes with onions and jalapenos and cinnamon spiced pineapple to compliment.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/12/19 11:24 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/12/19 11:33 AM

Made some deer smash burger patty melts

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/12/19 02:17 PM

Man that looks good. I'm ready to grill some squash and zucchini on mine some corn wil be good too
Posted By: top cat

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/12/19 07:01 PM

I for see one of those appearing at our cabin before deer season laugh
Posted By: sj22

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/21/19 12:03 AM

Got one for Fathers Day and tried this recipe and it’s pretty good!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/ZK7Bycjz/F0-A6-ACD8-50-A2-4034-8-CE9-0-C5-AB0-CB8-D26.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/v8v6GMVB/F920-D8-BF-8-B5-A-4-AA4-A901-39-F26-C3-CAE37.jpg[/img]

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/pd9Dd7tS/21-C5-A2-A2-F126-482-C-BF16-710-A8802-EE90.jpg[/img]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/21/19 12:47 AM

Cooked brats and dogs (for the wife) the other night.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jhardy

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/21/19 02:12 AM

Your wife was hungry.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/21/19 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by jhardy
Your wife was hungry.

She’s pregnant and really likes hotdogs, so yeah lol
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/21/19 11:47 AM

[Linked Image]

Ooooohhhh. Hibachi again.
[Linked Image]

Please tell me you do the onion volcano thing and spin anegg around on your spatula
Posted By: sj22

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/22/19 02:19 AM

Chicken and veggies tonight

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/24/19 03:16 PM

Looking Good.

No tricks on my hibachi night. Sorry to disappoint.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/25/19 05:22 PM

Your wife was hungry.

Congrats SBS.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/02/19 01:44 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/03/19 11:11 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/08/19 11:27 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/15/19 11:12 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/16/19 02:09 PM

Bacon Fried Corn and Chicken

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/16/19 02:15 PM

I bet that corn was good.
Posted By: sethjamtoe

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/23/19 01:10 AM

Love mine! I haven't used it in the past few weeks as I've been really busy lately, but have done breakfast, steaks, shrimp, veggies, etc on it and it all comes out great! Reminds me....gotta fire it up again this weekend some time!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/29/19 11:16 AM

Posted By: bama1971

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/29/19 07:06 PM

Your wife was hungry.

Congrats SBS.

yep, hard to find a good woman who enjoys hotdogs.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/05/19 11:22 AM

Posted By: Remington270

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/05/19 04:25 PM

Has anyone tried the brand they sell at Academy?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/05/19 05:55 PM

They look good. Was checking them out yesterday.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/07/19 12:55 PM

Felt like a surf and turf kind of night Friday with chuck eye steaks, blackened shrimp, squash, and mushrooms and onions.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: doekiller

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/08/19 10:42 PM

I love mine since I got it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/08/19 10:53 PM

Felt like a surf and turf kind of night Friday with chuck eye steaks, blackened shrimp, squash, and mushrooms and onions.
[Linked Image]

Heck yeah
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/10/19 06:19 PM

Pelham walmarks has the 36 on sale for 249.00

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/12/19 12:22 PM

Last night we hosted our new member dinner for our church.
Definitely the most I've had on it at one time.
This thing can sure enough satisfy a crowd.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rutabaga

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/12/19 05:47 PM

No. If you decide to try it, keep it thoroughly cleaned, oiled and covered. I have been there and done that, just to much to bother with.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/05/19 12:30 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/05/19 02:42 PM

Snakebit, that big church cook you did looks awesome.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/05/19 03:25 PM

Thanks.
Hope to do another one soon.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/06/19 02:35 AM

Snakebit you say it doesn’t store good outside. How do you. Store yours when your not cooking. Give us who don’t own one an idea how to keep it stored. I’m sure you leave it outside

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/09/19 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by 87dixieboy
Snakebit you say it doesn’t store good outside. How do you. Store yours when your not cooking. Give us who don’t own one an idea how to keep it stored. I’m sure you leave it outside

After I finish cooking, I set the burners to high and use a scraper to get up most of the cooked on.
Then I use water and a bar mop to wipe it clean.
After that, I put on a light coat of oil and wipe it in with paper towels.
I use grilling tongs to hold the mop and paper towels so I do not burn myself.
Once the oil is on, I normally wait until I see some smoke come up and then shut off the burners.
Then after we eat, I go to retrieve the tools I used to cook with and put the hard cover that you can see hanging on the back of the griddle back on over the griddle surface.
I know it sounds like several steps, but it really only takes a minute or two.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/09/19 12:17 PM

The other night I did a griddled jambalaya.
I know it isn't the traditional way to cook it, but it was mighty fine eating.
I forgot to add the crushed tomatoes, oops.
Once it all got mixed in and cooked, I poured heavy whipping cream over the top while it was on the griddle and stirred it in right as I was taking it up.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: HDS64

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/16/19 12:25 AM

I had been wanting one also, bought a 28" at the walmarks yesterday. Got it all seasoned up and did Parmesan chicken sandwiches tonight for my first cook, they were very good.
Posted By: ts1979flh

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/02/20 06:31 PM

I got the 36" for Christmas. Did smash burgers the Monday night and breakfast New Years Eve morning. I really like it.
Posted By: buzzard

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/02/20 07:22 PM

I got the 17" for Christmas to use at the deer camp. I'm looking forward to using it.
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/02/20 07:59 PM

got one for christmas. did filets on it for the first time cook and let me tell you that was some good stuff

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/06/20 09:08 PM

Saturday was my wife's birthday and she wanted to have folks over for hibachi.
It is her favorite food after all.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/06/20 10:19 PM

Saturday was my wife's birthday and she wanted to have folks over for hibachi.
It is her favorite food after all.

[Linked Image]

Dang at the chicken. I’ve been threatening to get one of these things for a while now. Need to go ahead and do it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/06/20 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by tbest3

I told my wife the other day that a 36” Blackstone would make a nice Father’s Day gift. Either way I’m getting one soon.

Wife didn't take the hint?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/06/20 10:53 PM

I had a good Father’s Day. But no blackstone unfortunately.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/07/20 04:02 PM

I had a good Father’s Day. But no blackstone unfortunately.

I highly recommend them.
They are a lot of fun to cook on and the cleaning after each cook is not bad.
We enjoy being able to make lots more than a grill.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/08/20 12:56 PM

Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/08/20 02:52 PM

Cook some steak fajitas on mine last night, turned out really good

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/13/20 02:42 PM

Posted By: DoeNut

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/13/20 05:30 PM

I can already tell this thing will be like a Harley, accessories will cost as much as the unit.

Its a pretty cool grill though

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/13/20 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by DoeNut
I can already tell this thing will be like a Harley, accessories will cost as much as the unit.

Its a pretty cool grill though

Doe nut you are likely correct.
You don't have to spend as much, but can, easily.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/05/20 09:46 PM

Posted By: juice

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/12/20 09:48 PM

I cook on mine all the time and love it. Cleanup is alot simpler than being in the kitchen if you ask me. I can have it cleaned and scraped down in a minute or two and done with. For me the best thing about it is the cleanup, it takes the place of alot of pots and pans for some items you cook on it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/03/20 04:06 PM

I made griddled jambalaya again for our church dinner group.
Did a batch and split it and added crushed tomatoes to half and didn't the other.
Man it was some good eatin'
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/09/20 11:44 AM

Did a couple of things this weekend on the griddle.
One night we had filets with bok choy and corn.
[Linked Image]

Also did some chicken philly cheesesteaks.
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/09/20 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by juice
I cook on mine all the time and love it. Cleanup is alot simpler than being in the kitchen if you ask me. I can have it cleaned and scraped down in a minute or two and done with. For me the best thing about it is the cleanup, it takes the place of alot of pots and pans for some items you cook on it.

Agree

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/09/20 08:20 PM

Doing bacon wrapped scallops on mine tonight

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/09/20 08:57 PM

Think I’m gonna do French toast on mine tonight.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/26/20 12:05 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/26/20 01:15 PM

thumbup

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/26/20 09:29 PM

Posted By: blade

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/28/20 01:08 AM

Did a fillet and a ribeye on mine tonight. Excellent.
Posted By: JohnG

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/29/20 01:07 PM

Please keep this thread going. Love the videos snakebit, I've cooked four of the meals after watching how you do it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/09/20 01:33 AM

No video for this one but just a simple griddled chicken with potatoes and okra, all cooked on the griddle.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/09/20 11:49 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/14/20 11:03 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/16/20 05:22 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/16/20 11:34 PM

I love a good smash burger.
Posted By: nomercy

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/17/20 02:20 PM

[Linked Image]

Little stir fry awhile back
I lose this grill. Steak and veggies going on tonight!!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/17/20 05:16 PM

Getting a good deal on a 36”. Will have it by next week. Looking forward to firing it up.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/18/20 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by nomercy
[Linked Image]

Little stir fry awhile back
I lose this grill. Steak and veggies going on tonight!!

Looks good.

Getting a good deal on a 36”. Will have it by next week. Looking forward to firing it up.

There you go. Getting in the game.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/19/20 04:47 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/20/20 12:31 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/20/20 12:33 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/20/20 02:36 AM

Thanks Snakebit for this thread. I’m a new griddleler ( not sure if that’s a word) and learning a lot from it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/20/20 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by blade
Thanks Snakebit for this thread. I’m a new griddleler ( not sure if that’s a word) and learning a lot from it.

Absolutely.
I know a lot of people are and I am too for the most part. I haven't even had mine 2 years yet.
But I know I had to learn a lot of what I know from other people and never want to stop learning new recipes and different things to do on the griddle.
And hopefully I can help some others along.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/27/20 10:38 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/27/20 10:40 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/27/20 09:14 PM

DUCKDUCKGOOSE
Check your PM
Sorry I took so long to reply.
That alert thingy is still messed up over here.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/28/20 12:12 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/28/20 07:49 PM

I tried a Conecuh Sausage dog the other day with a thick cut strip of bacon alongside the sausage, chopped onions and spicy mustard. I swear it was the best sausage dog I ever ate. I highly recommend it. The bacon and onion make the dog.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/29/20 12:03 AM

Added a new piece of cookware to the arsenal today.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/29/20 01:56 AM

Added a new piece of cookware to the arsenal today.

[Linked Image]

Oh yeah.
Next step is to get all of your accessories.
It's a ton of fun to cook on.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/29/20 04:04 AM

I’ve got a pretty fair amount of wobble in the cooktop. I guess I could fix it with washers. Is this common with these things? Seems like it should sit level on the base and I shouldn’t have to use washers to shim it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/29/20 12:08 PM

I’ve got a pretty fair amount of wobble in the cooktop. I guess I could fix it with washers. Is this common with these things? Seems like it should sit level on the base and I shouldn’t have to use washers to shim it.

Not that I have heard of.
I know that on mine if i use too much watr while its hot to clean with then it will warp like a cookie sheet in the oven and rock then.
It may settle in some when you get it hot, but you might have to use some washers.
They would be wise to build in some adjustments, especially to get the grease to run off like it should.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/29/20 12:54 PM

I saw some of the new units with broiler trays on the bottom. Nice

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/29/20 01:42 PM

Top Cat, those are nice. There is 3 drawers on the bottom 2 are air fryers and one is a warming drawer.
And the fronts of them will come off and the baskets are actually dishwasher safe.
But they are $$$

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/29/20 04:26 PM

I had to washer 1 corner of mine to get the wobble out.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/01/20 01:17 AM

Got her seasoned last night. Cooked chicken quesadillas on it tonight. I think my wife loves it more than I do after trying the quesadilla. Never have had a supper this good cooked and cleaned up so fast.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/01/20 03:44 PM

Got her seasoned last night. Cooked chicken quesadillas on it tonight. I think my wife loves it more than I do after trying the quesadilla. Never have had a supper this good cooked and cleaned up so fast.

That's what I'm talking about.
Good call on the quesadillas

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/02/20 03:36 PM

Breakfast on this thing is nice.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/02/20 11:39 PM

Breakfast on this thing is nice.

I'm telling you. You'll never want to go back.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/03/20 12:14 AM

Agreed. It’s crazy that you can cook the whole breakfast at the same time right there.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/03/20 03:13 AM

Did smashburgers for a dozen folks tonight. Mighty fine eatin.
Posted By: Whild_Bill

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/03/20 01:36 PM

Keep the pics coming! All sounds devine

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/04/20 01:16 AM

Had a Thai sweet chili stir fry tonight

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/04/20 11:09 AM

[Linked Image]

Dang man you aren't even letting that thing cool down.
Looks good.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/04/20 03:14 PM

[Linked Image]

Dang man you aren't even letting that thing cool down.
Looks good.

I know, my wife has been thrilled as I’ve been doing most all the cooking lately. My son requested smash burgers again tonight.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/04/20 03:22 PM

Looks great. Pro Tip - Mix in a little mayonnaise at the end to give it some extra zip!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/04/20 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Whild_Bill
Looks great. Pro Tip - Mix in a little mayonnaise at the end to give it some extra zip!

Easy on the Mayo whild bill. I don’t care for the stuff. Only thing I’ll put mayonnaise on is a mater sammich.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/04/20 09:53 PM

I have Blackstone in town, bought a Blue Rhino brand today for the lake. So far it’s superior in every way, (and I love my blackstone)

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/06/20 02:31 AM

Fajitas and margaritas tonight. I don’t think my wife has had to cook supper in over a week.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/07/20 11:11 AM

Wasn't sure how these would turn out but they actually held the weight.
Try it sometime.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/11/20 06:36 PM

Just got the blue rhino razor. The reviews were good and Lowe's had them on sale for 299. Wore out some smash burgers Sunday and some shrimp and chicken stir fry on Sat.
Posted By: G/H

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/14/20 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by bama1971
I have Blackstone in town, bought a Blue Rhino brand today for the lake. So far it’s superior in every way, (and I love my blackstone)

So I'm in the market for a griddle. So why is the Blue Rhino better?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/14/20 02:50 PM

Wasn't sure how these would turn out but they actually held the weight.
Try it sometime.

You can cook them in the oven then crisp em up on the BStone. We do homemade pizza this way. Try Naan bread as well. Can’t go wrong!!

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/14/20 09:06 PM

You can cook them in the oven then crisp em up on the BStone. We do homemade pizza this way. Try Naan bread as well. Can’t go wrong!!

[Linked Image]

Nice.
How do you make the naan. I'd love to give that a shot.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/14/20 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by G/H

I don't have a blackstone but the only reason I don't is because all the mid level grills were bought up. They had really small ones or really decked out ones with the air fryers built in and all. With that said, I really like the design of the Blue Rhino. The top folds out for counter space. It has a shelf down low, and the whole deal can fold up and lay in your truck bed in no time. Pretty nifty design.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/15/20 04:15 AM

[Linked Image]

Nice.
How do you make the naan. I'd love to give that a shot.

Well. Wife bought the naan. She dressed 3 with a garlic like Alfredo sauce. Don’t go too heavy on the sauce then dress like a pizza. Put on grill until desired crispness of crust (leave a 2-4 minutes for oven) then put in oven to melt the top half. 4th o e use deed sauce just like normal pizza.
Wish my Stone had a top and I wouldn’t need the oven.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/15/20 12:39 PM

Could you use one of those bowls to cover it? The one that helps meat the cheese

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/15/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by BPI
Originally Posted by G/H

I don't have a blackstone but the only reason I don't is because all the mid level grills were bought up. They had really small ones or really decked out ones with the air fryers built in and all. With that said, I really like the design of the Blue Rhino. The top folds out for counter space. It has a shelf down low, and the whole deal can fold up and lay in your truck bed in no time. Pretty nifty design.

Thanks

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/16/20 12:31 AM

Got my rhino today and cooked burgers. Family likes them. When I got done I scraped it off and added a thin layer of oil and wiped down. Hope I did that right
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/18/20 01:22 AM

I’m buying one next week

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/18/20 04:26 AM

Had smash burgers tonight. Planning to do another Thai sweet chili stir fry in the next night or two.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/18/20 11:01 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/18/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by johndeere5036

I’m buying one next week

It's a game changer.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/28/20 11:01 AM

Posted By: doekiller

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/28/20 05:21 PM

I have a 36 inch at the farm. I need to buy a new one for the hunting camp. I guess I need one at home too.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/08/20 10:57 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/09/20 03:18 AM

Parmesan crusted chicken looks good. Gonna do something for supper on the blackstone tomorrow night, not sure what yet.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/09/20 11:44 AM

Parmesan crusted chicken looks good. Gonna do something for supper on the blackstone tomorrow night, not sure what yet.

Thanks.
It's definitely something you should add to your menu.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/15/20 11:02 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/15/20 06:44 PM

That chicken sandwich looks fine snakebit. I did ribeyes, diced red potatoes with butter and herbs, and squash, onions, mushrooms & tomatoes on the blackstone Saturday night.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/15/20 08:05 PM

That chicken sandwich looks fine snakebit. I did ribeyes, diced red potatoes with butter and herbs, and squash, onions, mushrooms & tomatoes on the blackstone Saturday night.

That sounds good.
Did you combine the squash onions mushrooms and tomatoes?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/16/20 03:27 PM

That sounds good.
Did you combine the squash onions mushrooms and tomatoes?

Yes sir I did.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/20/20 02:03 PM

[Linked Image]

Saturday mornings at my house. Some fried eggs in bacon grease joined the party shortly after!!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/21/20 06:16 PM

Nice! I did bacon, eggs, pancakes & hash browns on mine this morning.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/08/20 12:41 AM

I never think to take pictures but we had chicken wing flats/drummettes, squash & okra on the blackstone tonight.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/08/20 11:08 AM

I never think to take pictures but we had chicken wing flats/drummettes, squash & okra on the blackstone tonight.

I have not done wings on mine yet. But I bet they are good.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/08/20 01:40 PM

I did do some spinach on mine the other day and cooked it down with some hamburger steaks.
I wanted to make sure I could do it correctly before videoing. But it's coming soon I hope.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/09/20 03:04 AM

I have not done wings on mine yet. But I bet they are good.

They were fine.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/20/20 01:46 PM

Casual Sunday evening burn. My homemade (nothing special) rub that I use on Chx and turkey. Wrapped Chx in thick bacon. Stir fry some garden veggies......dang!! [Linked Image]where is the nearest petrol garage

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/20/20 04:01 PM

Nice. I did chicken quesadillas on mine last night. They were delicious.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/27/20 12:55 AM

Annnnnndddddd BOOOM!! Nothing phenomenal other than its Phenomenal on the BStone! Kung pow pork chops and fried rice with peepers eggs and onions.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TDog93

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/27/20 01:09 AM

Dang - all that looks really good - pancakes - veggies and chicken and the freakin stir fry look great

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/27/20 02:27 AM

Oh. About a gallon of pancake batter and 2 lbs of bacon were on it yesterday morning. That’s about right every Sat morning

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/27/20 11:22 AM

Annnnnndddddd BOOOM!! Nothing phenomenal other than its Phenomenal on the BStone! Kung pow pork chops and fried rice with peepers eggs and onions.

[Linked Image]

Shoooweee that looks good.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/03/20 03:37 PM

Blackened Fish again because it is delicious.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/03/20 07:17 PM

That looks really good
I may have to buy one of these - I don’t have a back deck and I just keep my current grill in back yard
Would you be skeptical of setting one up in a back yard if u cover it after each use?
I bet it is easy to use

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/03/20 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by TDog93
That looks really good
I may have to buy one of these - I don’t have a back deck and I just keep my current grill in back yard
Would you be skeptical of setting one up in a back yard if u cover it after each use?
I bet it is easy to use

Soft cover only, I wouldn't leave it out.
They are coming pretty standard now with a hood or hardcover but I wouldn't have anything less than that and would probably use the soft cover also.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/10/20 03:08 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/11/20 01:19 AM

Nice video

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/11/20 11:06 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/02/20 04:43 AM

In honor of fur getting himself a blackstone, I figured I’d post a picture of some wings I did tonight. Did some lemon pepper and some with an all purpose seasoning. I don’t post pictures much, but I cook on this thing 3-4 times a week.

[Linked Image]exxon gas station near me open now
Posted By: FurFlyin

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/02/20 10:43 AM

thumbup

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/04/20 12:51 AM

[Linked Image]

Breakfast Supper!! Always a crowd pleazer. Biscuits wet in the house ! Love this thing!!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/08/20 10:58 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/24/20 01:36 PM

Haven't gotten the video together yet but we did this for supper the other night.
Chicken, Veggies, mushrooms and onions, and parmesan crisps.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/24/20 08:03 PM

Love all your entries!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/25/20 02:06 AM

Snakebit, tell us about the Parmesan crisps.just shredded cheese?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 09/25/20 11:34 AM

That is correct. Just sprinkle a little shredded parmesan out on the griddle top.
I should have done these a bit longer until they actually got crispier, but they were still good.

Some people will do something similar with Mexican blend cheese in substitution of taco shells in order to live that low carb life

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/16/20 02:20 PM

Sometimes we just do a bunch of chicken cut into bite size pieces and drag out every sauce in the refrigerator to dip them in.
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/27/20 11:03 AM

Pancakes on pancakes
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/27/20 12:44 PM

Good thing about the griddle is for breakfast your one and done most times. You can knock out a mess of pancakes in less than 5 minutes

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/27/20 02:02 PM

I did pork chops and cabbage on the blackstone last night. Didn’t get any pictures but it was good.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 10/28/20 12:30 AM

Would be nice to knock out all the pancakes at once

Looks good and convenient

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/10/20 12:22 PM

Philadelphia Cheatsteak Sandwich
Didn't have the chance to video this one but it is worth a try.

Brown ground beef and onions.
Once done, add cheese whiz and mix in well over med low heat.
Serve on a philly roll.

Real easy, real cheap.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/11/20 11:12 PM

Do you add any seasoning?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/12/20 05:37 AM

[Linked Image]

My version of the #1 from Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburger. It was pretty dang close.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/12/20 12:09 PM

Do you add any seasoning?

Always a little S&P

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/12/20 02:14 PM

[Linked Image]

My version of the #1 from Freddy’s Frozen Custard & Steakburger. It was pretty dang close.

A smashburger will make you never want another kind.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/12/20 03:19 PM

[Linked Image]

A smashburger will make you never want another kind.

No doubt.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/08/20 12:03 PM

Last night, just some bacon and eggs from the griddle with cheese grits and my wife made homemade biscuits to go with some cane syrup from Todds in Headland that a neighbor gave me.
Egg tip on the griddle - if you are frying your eggs, go ahead and crack them all into a bowl and pour them all at once. It's hard to get an even cook if you crack several out there.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/08/20 01:15 PM

[Linked Image]

That's a burger right there.
Posted By: cartervj

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/08/20 02:18 PM

Onion Smash burgers
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/08/20 03:14 PM

If all I ever cooked on my griddle was smash burgers ( and it ain't) it would have been worth the money.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/15/20 12:00 PM

Just chicken, zucchinni and taters.
Nothing special but this is what makes the Blackstone great.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/15/20 03:39 PM

Fine entries!!!
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/15/20 11:32 PM

Great thread. Keep her going

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/16/20 08:24 PM

[Linked Image]

Two day teriyaki marinated flat iron beef and 🐓. Seasoned cabbage. Mmmmm

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/18/20 07:34 PM

I feel like I'm just doing the same stuff which is a good variety but could use some more.
Y'all help me out and some of the ones new to Griddling with posting what you got.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/18/20 07:54 PM

Snakebite, how about some cake batter pancakes. Buy a box of yellow cake mix and mix it up like the box says for a cake. Then just make pancakes on the griddle instead of a cake. I think you will like this!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/19/20 09:43 PM

I feel like I'm just doing the same stuff which is a good variety but could use some more.
Y'all help me out and some of the ones new to Griddling with posting what you got.

Been thinking about this myself. I used to grill artichokes so I’m gonna try that on the blackstone. Also thinking about griddle chili, meatballs, steak fajita quesadillas. A go to recipe is chicken breast grilled topped with mushrooms, bacon, onion and a touch of bbq sauce and topped with cheese.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/05/21 11:58 AM

Another round of burgers.
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/05/21 06:06 PM

Nice. Did a pile of burgers on mine Thursday night, then did breakfast a couple of nights ago.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/12/21 12:07 PM

I know I did these a while ago but hadn't gotten around to the video.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/06/21 03:56 AM

Did steak quesadillas on the blackstone tonight. Didn’t take any pictures, but they were good.
Posted By: GaryConrad

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/06/21 04:04 AM

Trying mine out for the first time tomorrow

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/09/21 04:13 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/16/21 03:08 PM

Easy meal made easier (and better) on the Blackstone

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/16/21 05:09 PM

Nice. Gonna do some cubed steak the same way one night this week. Good and easy.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/23/21 02:39 PM

Nothing fancy. Sliced up a pork loin and some onions and shrooms. Went pretty good!

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/23/21 06:20 PM

thumbup

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/23/21 06:54 PM

Bet that ate pretty good

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/28/21 02:51 AM

Chicken Philly cheesesteaks tonight. They were fine.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/12/21 12:03 PM

Back at it blackening fish.
The Blackstone can cook it all.
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/12/21 01:03 PM

Love me some whiting that corn look like it eats pretty good. Nice entry!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/13/21 05:21 AM

Looks nice

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/15/21 04:34 PM

Another morning gift from the Blackstone!!
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/17/21 12:38 PM

Filets with asparagus, and taters and onions.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/17/21 09:39 PM

That looks good - nice
Posted By: catdoctor

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/20/21 04:15 AM

Because of the pictures, I broke down and bought a 36 inch Blackstone today.
Spent a couple of hours seasoning it and cooked some organic grain fed hamburgers this evening. Easy to cook and clean up.
I think I am going to use it often. Wife excited thinking about cooking breakfast tomorrow.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/20/21 11:42 AM

You will enjoy it

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/26/21 07:43 PM

A little Shrimp Fried Rice the other night.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/26/21 11:08 PM

thumbup

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/29/21 02:32 AM

That looks good

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/22/21 04:00 PM

I did a video with this the other night but havn't gotten to edit it yet.
Anyway, ham steak and brussel sprouts.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: hootn

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/25/21 04:12 PM

Dont know why I've never seen this thread before.
But, I have a 22 inch b.s. for 2 years,that came with a stand and with hood. Mainly to use with camper. I keep the stand on deck, never carry it camping.
Main thing I cook besides breakfast is conecuh sausage with peppers an onions. Of course smash burgers.
Little tip I've found, go to a junk store look for a lid from a electric skillet to use as a cover for the peppers/onions and for hashbrowns of course to help melt cheese.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/25/21 05:02 PM

Dang Snakebit... That hamsteak belongs in a cartoon ! Looks delicious.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 05/25/21 07:55 PM

Look like some mighty fine table fare!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/23/21 11:29 AM

Don't know if y'all are aware of these or not but these are turkey fillets.
My wife is allergic to pork loin and a pork chop is one of my favorites.
I found these rolling through the store the other day and wanted to see how close I could make them to pork chops.
They turned out really good and they will be on the menu again.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/09/21 09:32 PM

Jambalaya on the griddle.
Pretty simple and delicious.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/13/21 06:48 PM

Jambalaya on the griddle.
Pretty simple and delicious.

Nice.
Posted By: BONE

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/15/21 02:49 AM

For the one’s that like fried green tomatoes, should give it a try. They pretty dang good on the black stone

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/15/21 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by BONE
For the one’s that like fried green tomatoes, should give it a try. They pretty dang good on the black stone

Would you mind sharing how you do it?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/15/21 11:59 AM

Step 1 slice tomatoe to your liking thin or thick
2 flour both sides
3 dip in egg/milk mixture
4 cornmeal/bread-crumb mixture both sides
Once griddle is hot and ready.
Then I add a little extra oil before putting on griddle,
Once on the griddle I leave a lil space in between them.
Then squirt a little extra oil in between, cook a couple minutes,
each side or until your liking of crispy.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/15/21 08:45 PM

2 flour both sides

Thanks.
I was thinking that would be the way it was done but was just wanting to make sure.
I got a many of maters green on the vine that may be where they are headed.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/15/21 09:29 PM

Ya welcome, that’s what I been doin also, got plenty green ones.
So they been making it to the griddle
I don’t have the griddle mastered like you do but I like cooking on it.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/16/21 03:00 PM

Thanks for the info I’ll be trying the griddled green tomatoes!!!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/26/21 04:11 PM

Sorry folks. We had our first child back in June and I haven't been able to do much.
Hopefully can get back at it soon.
Got out and restocked the freezer with Deer smashburgers last night.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/26/21 08:03 PM

Congrats on the new born!! Always good to see your cooking!!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/26/21 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by blade
Congrats on the new born!! Always good to see your cooking!!

Thanks

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/27/21 02:41 AM

Good lookin burger - congrats on the newborn
Posted By: rwh1

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/27/21 03:31 AM

👍. Looking delicious. I did hibachi tonight.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/31/21 12:52 PM

Ham steak, pulled pork, Swiss Cheese, pickle, and spicy brown mustard.
You make Cuban Sandwiches.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/31/21 07:54 PM

Nice Cubans there Sankebit.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/17/21 04:41 PM

The griddle was starting to look rough so I had to take her back to factory settings.
Stripped the whole season layer off and starting on another.
Will be back to cooking soon.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/17/21 05:31 PM

Ended up buying one off of FB marketplace. Sanded the top down and re seasoned it and it's looking good as new! Only problem is the ignition switch doesn't work so have to light it manually. Anyone replaced the switch or do y'all just deal with it and do it manually

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/17/21 07:38 PM

I did smash burgers on mine last night.

I’d imagine it’s a pain to sand it back down to steel? I’m not too far from needing to do this.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/17/21 10:11 PM

I did smash burgers on mine last night.

I’d imagine it’s a pain to sand it back down to steel? I’m not too far from needing to do this.

Honestly not really…I scraped it good then tops a hand sander and just sanded it down and fished it off with pressure washing it. Took an hour or less. Looks much better as it was flaking and all before

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/17/21 10:50 PM

I did not try the pressure washer. but the scraping and sanding was a bit of a pain in the neck but not too bad.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/18/21 02:52 AM

I did mine last weekend too. Needed it.
Posted By: Dkhargroves

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/18/21 10:00 PM

I've joined the club. FIL bought me a 22" Blackstone adventure so we can use at home and camping. Comes with conversion for the little LP camp propane bottles. First dish I did was stir fry. Tonight we doing philly cheese steaks. Love this blackstone

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/19/21 01:58 PM

Welcome to the club Dk

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/07/21 12:09 PM

This was the picture I got from stripping it down.
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/07/21 12:10 PM

Hot Ham and Cheese.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/07/21 03:46 PM

I have one that is completely exposed down at our boat house next to BGE. I have a metal cover that just sits right over the griddle and I have never had any issues with mine and it is 5 years old.
Posted By: Jmfire722

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/26/21 02:24 AM

I just joined the club. Been wanting one for awhile and the in laws bought us a 28 inch Adventure Ready for Christmas. I did a big breakfast with French toast, bacon, eggs and hash browns. Did Philly cheese steaks on it as well. It’s been awesome. Can’t wait to go back through this thread and get some ideas
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: 36" Blackstone - 12/31/21 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jmfire722
I just joined the club. Been wanting one for awhile and the in laws bought us a 28 inch Adventure Ready for Christmas. I did a big breakfast with French toast, bacon, eggs and hash browns. Did Philly cheese steaks on it as well. It’s been awesome. Can’t wait to go back through this thread and get some ideas

Same...inlaws gave us a 4-burner one from Sams. Don't know much about them but gets good reviews. Got it put together a couple days ago, need to get it seasoned up and start cooking

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/03/22 04:44 PM

What oil do y’all use to cook with?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/03/22 09:50 PM

I usually use just vegetable oil. A few things I will use olive oil on.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/05/22 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
What oil do y’all use to cook with?

Vegetable Oil
Posted By: Bronco 74

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/05/22 07:58 PM

Veg and bacon drippings.
Posted By: leroyb

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/10/22 07:52 PM

I also cook a lot with Clarified butter (Ghee) on my Blackstone. All the yummy goodness of butter for use with higher cooking temps.
Your welcome.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 01/11/22 05:49 AM

Thanks! Will be kicking off cooking on it this weekend with friends at the camp. Snakebite, have enjoyed your videos as well as others who have posted for recipe ideas etc…will be doing venison smash burgers, Bfast, and chicken cheesesteaks

Re: 36" Blackstone - 02/09/22 12:15 PM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 03/15/22 11:07 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/19/22 02:08 PM

Cut a flank steak into strips and griddled them with some sweet potatoes and green beans.
Delicious.
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 04/19/22 03:20 PM

Man I love a flank steak! Under rated in my book. Good looking meal!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 06/29/22 10:22 AM

Last night we had Buffalo Chicken Blue Cheese Smashburgers
Ground chicken with blue cheese crumbles and chipotle buffalo seasoning.
Buffalo sauce with some ranch to tame the heat with lettuce and a garden tomato.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/11/22 01:17 AM

Didn’t take pics but finally did the fried green tomatoes. Dang good and cleaner it seemed than frying in grease
Much easier cleanup was a bonus

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/12/22 06:24 PM

Be doin the green tomatoes for a while.. yesterday I did green tomatoes again, so I added squash and okra,
Squash and okra was just as good as the green tomatoes..
Would post pics but that's over my head...
Posted By: oakachoy

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/18/22 03:00 PM

Snakebit, you the man. Thanks for posting these recipes. bump to top

I got the 36 as a gift and seasoned 4 times using Crisco veg oil.

Cooked up a bunch of garden veggies heavy on the jalapeno, cubanelle, banana, shishito peppers with chicken, mushrooms, squash, onions.

Looking forward to doing some other recipes that you posted.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/18/22 04:11 PM

I like heavy on the jalapeños! Looks tasty!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/18/22 09:07 PM

I like heavy on the jalapeños! Looks tasty!

Thanks, I'm going for some of the green maters and skrimp next.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/18/22 10:38 PM

Snake do you have a cooking channel on YouTube or any other social medias?

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/18/22 10:50 PM

2 flour both sides

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/18/22 10:54 PM

I think Hank been hammering down.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/19/22 10:50 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/19/22 10:50 AM

Re: 36" Blackstone - 07/19/22 10:51 AM

Yes I do. All of the videos I post are mine.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/08/22 06:04 PM

Worked this weekend on stripping mine back down to re season it. Man that process sucks.
Posted By: alhawk

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/09/22 02:45 AM

No pictures as I ran out of propane right before the birthday gathering started for my Dad. Cooked a pack of bacon and then added fresh flounder fillets with garlic salt, old bay, slap ya mama and lemon pepper.
Cheese grits with crumbled bacon and slaw. Pawpaw/Dad enjoyed his 82nd birthday meal.
Posted By: GrandSlam

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/09/22 05:46 PM

Tease!

Re: 36" Blackstone - 08/13/22 04:36 PM

Got her stripped now working on seasoning. Be back to cooking on it by tonight.

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/14/22 01:48 PM

It's been a bit but some patty melts using ground sirloin with slow sauteed onions on potato bun with muenster cheese.

[Linked Image]

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/15/22 12:34 AM

Dang that looks good

Re: 36" Blackstone - 11/15/22 12:53 AM

That cheesework is off the charts man those look absolutely perfection
© 2024 ALDEER.COM