Aldeer.com

Grilling Vegetables

Posted By: GomerPyle

Grilling Vegetables - 06/03/18 04:58 PM

What's the best way to do it? MrsGomer wants me to grill some but I've never done it other than kabobs..... do they make something you can put them in to keep from falling through the grill? School me...
Posted By: trlrdrdave

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/03/18 05:46 PM

They make a pan that looks like a loaf pan with holes in it. I'd just use tin foil if it was something that small. Mushrooms zucchini and corn are awsome on the grill. About the only way I will eat asparagus is grilled. What veggie are you wanting to cook?
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/03/18 06:20 PM

Yeah they make a grilling basket for veggies. My absolute favorite grilled veggie is okra. A little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and then grill until it’s browned and softened. We also grill bell peppers, onions, zucchini, asparagus, corn, etc.
Posted By: NotsoBright

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/03/18 07:18 PM

Try zesty Italian dressing on veggies
Posted By: Clem

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/03/18 09:12 PM

Get a grilling basket at Lowe's or wherever they have them. A grilling pan - shallow, with holes in the bottom - also works.

Use a little balsamic and olive oil to coat in a bowl, and then separate in smaller bowls. Go with some dried (or fresh, if you have it) rosemary, thyme or other herbs on some of them. Sprinkle some Tony Chachere's or Old Bay on some others. Although I'm not an Eyetalyan Dressin fan, some folks like that. Remember that the sugar and oil in any kind of bottled marinade or dressing can burn so watch 'em.

I prefer skewers and kababs, to be honest, because it keeps the vegetable pieces together and easy to control-flip-cook. No tomatoes or zucchini for me, either.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/04/18 12:12 AM

We did Brussels tonight. Favorite at our house.

When the zucchini and yellow squash start rolling out of the garden we'll bisect lengthwise and grill with olive oil and salt and pepper.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: k bush

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/04/18 01:03 AM

Did some Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts recently. Pretty dang good.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/04/18 11:32 AM

We have several stainless steel baskets that we use. Picked them up on Amazon. Mrs. Irish usually puts all the veggies in a gallon ziploc and adds olive oil and then various seasonings and sometimes some balsamic Vinegar and then we seal up the bag really good, shake it and then dump it out in one of the baskets on the grill. Cook. Eat. Experiment.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/04/18 01:22 PM

I do tin foil "boats", basically rip off 12" or so and put my hand down flat in the middle and curl the edges up around it to hold things in, works well, and easy to get off with a spatula.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/09/18 05:10 AM

I have a grill basket from Walmart. Cut them up and spray with Olive Oil. Add garlic and Herb seasoning. Put in basket till done. Then call me when it's time to eat and I'll show you how it's done.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/09/18 10:40 AM

I grilled some squash, zucchini and asparagus yesterday evening. I usually cut the squash and zuch length ways but I cubed this and added a little olive oil salt and pepper. I need to mention I have a Blackstone grill/griddle which is perfect for vegetables
Posted By: Peach

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/09/18 10:08 PM

olive oil and parmesean cheese
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/09/18 10:20 PM

I would have never believed it til I tried it but the GoodLord created okra to be grilled. Put it in a big stainless pan and slosh it around with a little olive oil and your favorite seasoning until it’s well coated. Any grilling basket works well
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/09/18 10:22 PM

We like to do the foil packets like ol jbc mentioned above. #RIPjbc.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/11/18 04:33 PM

A grill mat works good too:

https://www.amazon.com/Grillaholics...ons&keywords=bbq+grill+mat&psc=1

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/11/18 04:50 PM

We ended up with this one.........worked great. Thanks for all the help guys

[Linked Image]
Posted By: blumsden

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/11/18 05:59 PM

Gomer, where did you get that one? I usually just lay it on the grill, but I like that one.
Posted By: SkyFlow

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/12/18 05:18 AM

Before baking vegetables i always doing marinade. Soy sauce, oregano, basil, coriander thyme.

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/12/18 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by blumsden
Gomer, where did you get that one? I usually just lay it on the grill, but I like that one.

Not sure, MrsGomer bought it....I'll check with her to find out, but I'm guessing it came from Walmart, Lowes or Aldi since basically the only places she goes.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/13/18 01:45 AM

All I know is, I was smoking some chickens the other day and through some okra with some tonys sprinkled on them onto the smoker....man that was good...
Posted By: donia

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/19/18 07:18 PM

throw a bag of mini sweet peppers on for 20-25 mins...the heat brings out a natural sweetness and flavor. don't even need any seasoning on them, just olive oil.
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/20/18 03:19 PM

I basically grill zuchinni and yellow squash every time we grill out. I just slice the squash long ways about 1/4" inch thick. Marinate in either Italian dressing or Balslamic vinegar and olive oil (my preference) and just salt and pepper. Get the grill HOT and only grill one side of the squash for about two minutes. Really simple and delicious.
Posted By: doekiller

Re: Grilling Vegetables - 06/20/18 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by muzziehead
I basically grill zuchinni and yellow squash every time we grill out. I just slice the squash long ways about 1/4" inch thick. Marinate in either Italian dressing or Balslamic vinegar and olive oil (my preference) and just salt and pepper. Get the grill HOT and only grill one side of the squash for about two minutes. Really simple and delicious.

That is what I do, except I don't marinate them. I cut them, add some olive oil, salt and pepper and throw them on the grill. Did it last night.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM