Aldeer.com

Hamburger steak and onions

Posted By: 3toe

Hamburger steak and onions - 04/16/18 09:03 PM

Decided to do some hamburger steaks and onion. Steak sprinkled with Sure Shot SId’s gunpowder seasoning. Red onions in olive oil, grilled corn and salad to balance it out. smile. I damn near hurt myself I ate so much.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: top cat

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/16/18 09:23 PM

thumbup
Posted By: 3FFarms

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/16/18 09:32 PM

Dangit son. That's fine right there.
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/16/18 09:42 PM

Looks good, but what are those three burnt things at the top right?

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/16/18 11:51 PM

That’s not burnt son, that’s seared for locking in the goodness. smile.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/17/18 01:04 AM

That looks great.

An Idea!

Next time don't shuck the corn, just soak it in water for a while. Then carefully peal the husks back and butter the corn and add a little salt and pepper. Then carefully fold the husks back over the corn and then grill the corn in the husks on the grill until the husks look like they are going to just burn away. When you serve it peel the husks back and use them as handles to hold the corn and it is already buttered and steamed inside the husks.
Posted By: blade

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/17/18 01:23 AM

I actually like the corn better grilled without shucks. I get it carmelized and then transfer it to aluminum foil with butter salt pepper and a few red pepper flakes. Let it steam in the foil pack until done. However any grilled corn is great.
Posted By: Damyankee

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/17/18 01:46 AM

I would have no problem with those 'burnt' chunks of meat. thumbup

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/17/18 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Irishguy
That looks great.

An Idea!

Next time don't shuck the corn, just soak it in water for a while. Then carefully peal the husks back and butter the corn and add a little salt and pepper. Then carefully fold the husks back over the corn and then grill the corn in the husks on the grill until the husks look like they are going to just burn away. When you serve it peel the husks back and use them as handles to hold the corn and it is already buttered and steamed inside the husks.

I’ll have to try that next time on the corn. Truth be told, that’s the wife’s doing on the corn. I was cooking the hamburger steak and onions and she brought the corn out (boiled) and wanted some smoke on it.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/17/18 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by 3toe
Originally Posted by Irishguy
That looks great.

An Idea!

I’ll have to try that next time on the corn. Truth be told, that’s the wife’s doing on the corn. I was cooking the hamburger steak and onions and she brought the corn out (boiled) and wanted some smoke on it.

OK... I didn't realize that the corn was already boiled in that pic. I thought you had just placed it raw right on the grill. That makes sense now. Looks great!
Posted By: blade

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/17/18 02:46 PM

Irishguy, you really need to try an ear put on the grill raw with no shucks. Carmelize then put in a foil pack with butter and seasoning til done. It is fine.
Posted By: sumpter_al

Re: Hamburger steak and onions - 04/17/18 08:48 PM

Looks great except how do you make gravy on a grill? rofl
© 2024 ALDEER.COM