Aldeer.com

A Cajun taught me

Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 01:15 AM

Parboiled chicken! It's boiled in crab boil and then seared on the grill. It's always a hit. The crab boil favors and cooks the meat, and sort of brines the meat while it cooks. The quick sear on the grill crisps the skin. We served it with Parmesan potatoes and green beans.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bar270

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 01:24 AM

How long do u boil it looks like u have leg quarters
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 01:41 AM

That's an awesome idea. You are killin' it Dude! Keep up the good work!

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by Bar270
How long do u boil it looks like u have leg quarters

Yes, leg quarters work best. I prefer to boil it until almost done, internal temp around 155-160, then drain and finish on the grill. I would say the time of boil is around 15 minutes, but that depends on many factors. The great thing is that it only takes about 5 minutes per side to get a good sear once it's boiled.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 03:15 AM

Dang! Id be willing to bet they stay nice and juicy too. I always struggle with my chicken drying out. Im going to have to try it that way.

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 03:41 AM

A general rule of thumb is to pull the chicken out of the water when it floats.
Posted By: inatree

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 01:02 PM

That's a dang good idea. I am going to have to try it.
Posted By: huntbig

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 03:33 PM

nice, i'll have to try this one out thumbup
Posted By: mcninja

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 06:13 PM

That sounds outstanding. Imma try it as well.
Posted By: dnolen

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 08:08 PM

Well I know what I'm cooking tomorrow night

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/30/18 08:18 PM

I also seasoned it with Tony's while on the grill, but any sort of cajun/creole spice will compliment it.
Posted By: ts1979flh

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/31/18 03:21 PM

my wife's uncle used to parboil his ribs in crab boil and then finish them on the grill.
Posted By: Runningdeer

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/31/18 03:25 PM

SouthBamaSlayer, you produce some mighty fine dishes. Any chance you need a yard man? I'll work for food. Ha! Poor Gary is probably starving since you moved out. I'm joining the crowd to try this. Any idea of how many parts of Crab Boil to parts of water?

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/31/18 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Runningdeer
SouthBamaSlayer, you produce some mighty fine dishes. Any chance you need a yard man? I'll work for food. Ha! Poor Gary is probably starving since you moved out. I'm joining the crowd to try this. Any idea of how many parts of Crab Boil to parts of water?

I did 10lbs of chicken quarters, and put 4 cap fulls of crab boil in enough water to cover all the chicken. I didn't measure the water, but it was probably between half and 3/4 full of a big stock pot.
Posted By: Runningdeer

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/31/18 04:52 PM

Thanks for the measurements. It’s definitely on my menu plans! Keep the recipes/ideas coming! Some eat to live.....I live to eat.
Posted By: top cat

Re: A Cajun taught me - 01/31/18 06:28 PM

Looks tasty
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: A Cajun taught me - 02/01/18 07:41 AM

'Huntress thawed out some leg quarters this evening, before we decided to finish off the pulled pork we had, and there's some crab boil sitting on the counter in the kitchen. I know what we're doing tomorrow evening!
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: A Cajun taught me - 02/01/18 10:43 PM

Looks great but could you possibly take some pics that were a little closer to the food. I am having a hard time seeing it.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: A Cajun taught me - 02/02/18 02:29 PM

Ok...made this last night for supper. I'm not a big chicken eater, but this was good. We usually only cook for the three of us, but I'd rather do this one when I'm cooking for more people, or at least cooking more at one time, like SBS did with the 10 lbs.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: A Cajun taught me - 02/05/18 03:24 AM

Have to try this!
Posted By: James

Re: A Cajun taught me - 02/05/18 04:25 AM

Man glad i seen this. We've boiled Turkeys in the past and they are Mmm Mmmm good! Kinda forgotten about it since the fried Turkey craze has taken over lol
Posted By: Razorsharp123

Re: A Cajun taught me - 02/05/18 04:52 PM

Made this on Saturday night with a buddy and man it is GOOD!

Thanks for the idea!
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: A Cajun taught me - 02/07/18 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by James
Man glad i seen this. We've boiled Turkeys in the past and they are Mmm Mmmm good! Kinda forgotten about it since the fried Turkey craze has taken over lol

I was going to say we do this a lot with whole turkey wings. The chicken is good but I prefer the turkey wing more.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM