Aldeer.com

I bought a Akorn and love it

Posted By: basspro527

I bought a Akorn and love it - 01/11/18 03:03 PM

I am pretty experienced smoker I have a propane masterbuilt but have wanted a Kamado style for a while, so I bought a blue Akorn and love it. It does have a 5 year warranty which I liked and I do understand it is not a ceramic green egg. It measure 317cu inch which is pretty big, so an way I cant believe the temperature control and how air tight this thing is. I smoked chicke and really set it and walked away, my Masterbuilt requires far more monitoring that that. I feel like the Akorn is built tough and for the price a 5 year warranty is fair.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: I bought a Akorn and love it - 01/11/18 03:10 PM

I have an Akorn and love it as well.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: I bought a Akorn and love it - 01/11/18 08:41 PM

I love mine. Had it about 2 years and I'm buying one for the cabin too. I have nothing but praise for them. Great cooker. I have cooked so many good meals on mine it is ridiculous.
Posted By: Bucky205

Re: I bought a Akorn and love it - 01/12/18 11:47 AM

I really like my Akorn as well. I've had some small problems like the cover has faded to a gray and the bottom plate that sits between the wheels has started getting surface rust. But a really good Kamado for the price.
Posted By: Sheriffd

Re: I bought a Akorn and love it - 01/14/18 12:32 AM

I've had mine for 5 years I think? When Walmart first started selling them. Only thing that's wrong is the rack where the burnt could drop in had rusted lose, but still can attach to the bottom. Not a huge deal for as much as I use it
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: I bought a Akorn and love it - 01/15/18 11:11 AM

a lot of the "grill snobs" will hate on the akorn because it's not ceramic.....well let me tell you, the first time you accidentally let that thing run away from you and you come outside to find the temp gauge max'd out, you'll be glad it's not ceramic. I've heard a lot of people talk about their fireboxes cracking after letting a ceramic grill get away from them....no worries on my akorn though. only "damage" is the temp gauge got fried but that's an easy remedy.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: I bought a Akorn and love it - 01/15/18 12:23 PM

I have done that before and alcohol may have been involved. I'll tell you what when it does that be damn careful when you open it up if you want to have any eyebrows left.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: I bought a Akorn and love it - 01/15/18 12:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Irishguy
I have done that before and alcohol may have been involved. I'll tell you what when it does that be damn careful when you open it up if you want to have any eyebrows left.

Yep, I always make sure to "burp" it really well before opening it all the way.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM