Aldeer.com

Smokers

Posted By: tbest3

Smokers - 11/14/17 10:08 PM

Masterbuilt 30" electric

Anyone have any experience with any of the masterbuilt digital electrics? Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Smokers - 11/14/17 10:52 PM

Thought about one of those when I lived in an apartment due to the no open flame grill policy. Wouldn't bother with them otherwise but then again I have never owned one.
Posted By: bama1157

Re: Smokers - 11/15/17 01:13 PM

I have had one they work good and are easy to use..
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Smokers - 11/15/17 02:14 PM

Originally Posted By: bama1157
I have had one they work good and are easy to use..

Sounds like a winner to me.
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Smokers - 11/15/17 05:17 PM

I got the one that has the window to see your food. Love it. I just Set the time and temp and forget about it.
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Smokers - 11/17/17 07:04 PM

I have one. It's idiot proof!

Mine kind of stays outside in the weather, so I had to replace the digital control pad on it...$30 and a 5 minute fix. It recently stopped working again, I don't know what's wrong with it this time, but like I said, it stays outside and has for about 6 or 7 years, now, so whatever the problem is, it's likely my fault!

Re: Smokers - 11/17/17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 87dixieboy
I got the one that has the window to see your food. Love it. I just Set the time and temp and forget about it.

87dixieboy, I thought about the one with the window, but figured it would just smoke up and not be able to see anything...that's not been your experience?
Posted By: JDR4Bama

Re: Smokers - 11/17/17 08:51 PM

I loved mine until I forgot to clean it for a few weeks. It was full of mold. Eventually just got rid of it.

If I were you, I'd get it.

Re: Smokers - 11/17/17 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: DEADorALIVE

87dixieboy, I thought about the one with the window, but figured it would just smoke up and not be able to see anything...that's not been your experience?

Not at all.
Posted By: Tigger85

Re: Smokers - 11/17/17 10:41 PM

Bought a used one and like it. Easy to use but have to wipe it down after using.

Re: Smokers - 11/17/17 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Not at all.

Interesting. If I end up having to replace mine, I might look into that, then. I definitely want the same model, as I also have the cold smoker attachment that holds the firebox apart from the smoker, and transfers the smoke but not the heat...FANTASTIC for smoking heat sensitive foods, like cheese!
Posted By: Bucky205

Re: Smokers - 11/28/17 09:18 PM

Pulled the trigger on a Smoke Hollow 36" with digital controls at Amazon yesterday for $149 with free shipping, excited to try it. Have smoked meat for awhile, we have an Akorn now and I like it. I want to do some beef jerky and smoked cheese, hard to go that low with charcoal in an Akorn.

Re: Smokers - 11/29/17 12:26 PM

Ill add to this and say that I smoked the turkey in my electric smoker thanksgiving after injecting it and let me tell you it was the moistest turkey I have ever eaten. I will be doing this from now on.
Posted By: hunter84

Re: Smokers - 11/29/17 05:06 PM

I have the Masterbuilt 40" and LOVE IT !!! Smoked a turkey on Thanksgiving as well and it was some count.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Smokers - 11/29/17 10:38 PM

I have the propane and I like it alot
© 2024 ALDEER.COM