Aldeer.com

A little sausage makin

Posted By: marshmud991

A little sausage makin - 11/11/17 01:36 PM

Can't cut rice today so I decided to make a little bit of sausage to try a different seasoning recipe. Also decided to do a picture thingy of the way I do it.
I weigh out 20lbs of pork and 10lbs of deer that has been cubed to fit thru grinder.

Measure out my seasoning(for a 30lb batch of meat)

Season meat and mix really good.

Ground up and put back in mixing tub. Add a little water (pint and a half) and mix again.

Fill up canister for stuffer.

Stuff in natural hog casing.

Hang in smokehouse making sure they aren't touching.

Put a few oak logs on the fire and let it smoke.
Got sit under the shade tree with the cooler of beer and relax for a couple hours until sausage is smoked. Check temp Fromm time to time keeping it around the 170-180 range.
Posted By: Farmer64

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/11/17 01:56 PM

Man that's gonna be good. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/11/17 04:07 PM

Looks awesome and you sure have the equipment to do it!! Great job!!!!
Posted By: blade

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/11/17 09:20 PM

How long do you smoke them, Marsh?
Posted By: Reloader79

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/12/17 12:19 AM

Looking good!
Posted By: James

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/12/17 01:47 AM

Nice...

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/12/17 07:29 AM

Originally Posted By: blade
How long do you smoke them, Marsh?

Until they get that certain look and feel I like. Depending on how much I have hanging, it usually takes 4-6 hrs. I like to smoke them slow and not to heavy on the smoke. I like them to snap when you break a piece off.

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/12/17 07:15 PM

They finished up nice.
Posted By: inatree

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/12/17 08:55 PM

Good job Marshmud!
Posted By: willdo22

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/13/17 06:33 PM

flag
Posted By: blumsden

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/14/17 08:28 AM

Tell us a little about your smoke house, I've always wanted to build one. Size? Airflow? How you regulate temps and so on. That sausage looks like some fine eating. I slobbered a little bit on the keyboard.
Posted By: top cat

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/14/17 08:40 AM

Do you ship........................ laugh

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/14/17 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: blumsden
Tell us a little about your smoke house, I've always wanted to build one. Size? Airflow? How you regulate temps and so on. That sausage looks like some fine eating. I slobbered a little bit on the keyboard.

It's just a simple wood frame 6'x6' with medal siding on it. As for as temp control, I drilled small holes in a 4ft piece if 1/2" pipe and have propane for the heat. I stack green oak wood on the burner and control temp with a regulator. I try to keep my temp around 170 deg and toward the end of the smoking process I will raise temp to around 200deg to do what we call sweating it. Which is to render out a little more of the fat and to shrink the casing, thus the wrinkles you see in pic.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/15/17 09:20 AM

Originally Posted By: marshmud991
Originally Posted By: blumsden

It's just a simple wood frame 6'x6' with medal siding on it. As for as temp control, I drilled small holes in a 4ft piece if 1/2" pipe and have propane for the heat. I stack green oak wood on the burner and control temp with a regulator. I try to keep my temp around 170 deg and toward the end of the smoking process I will raise temp to around 200deg to do what we call sweating it. Which is to render out a little more of the fat and to shrink the casing, thus the wrinkles you see in pic.

Well it looks dang fine man!!
Posted By: jmudler

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/15/17 03:14 PM

If that is a little sausage makin looks like, I am scared to see what normal sausage makin is.

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/15/17 03:24 PM

Originally Posted By: jmudler
If that is a little sausage makin looks like, I am scared to see what normal sausage makin is.

This is how much I usually do about 3 times in the spring. About 90lbs at a time.

This is one link that weighs 25lbs
I really enjoy making and eating sausage.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: A little sausage makin - 11/15/17 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: marshmud991

I really enjoy eating sausage.

Incoming PM from perch in 3, 2, 1...
Posted By: Bucky205

Re: A little sausage makin - 12/05/17 06:33 PM

Wow, That's some great looking sausage. Now I want a smokehouse.
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: A little sausage makin - 12/05/17 07:49 PM

Damn. Just damn. That looks awesome.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: A little sausage makin - 12/06/17 09:21 AM

wow - killer
© 2024 ALDEER.COM