Aldeer.com

Skrimps and Grits...

Posted By: Irishguy

Skrimps and Grits... - 10/16/17 09:33 PM

Well... This ain't my traditional shrimp and grits. We had several people over on Saturday night to watch the game and they all just kind of migrated here. We ended up with 8 total so fortunately had several pounds of shrimp from Pascagoula, MS. seeing as I was just there last week for work. So Mrs. Irish and I did a shrimp boil with red potatoes, fresh corn, baby carrots, smoked sausage etc...

As it turns out we ended up with a lot left over and just dumped it all into a giant Ziploc. We also had a bunch of stone ground, cheese grits left over from Saturday morning so I oiled a casserole dish and layered them into it, covered them in plastic and put it in the fridge.

So tonight I cut up the grits into little squares and fried them in butter on the griddle. Sauteed some Vidalia onion, bell pepper, garlic, what was left of the smoked sausage in a cast iron skillet, hell I even scraped the kernels off the fresh corn and pit it in there. I added a little organic, uncured bacon grease, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning. I de-glazed the pan with some chardonnay while Mrs. Irishguy wasn't watching. Then I added some chicken stock, and a little corn meal to thicken and then poured in some half and half before adding all the cooked shrimp Mrs. Irish had been peeling all this time just long enough to get them hot and the sauce to thicken.

I plated the little golden grit squares of goodness and ladled the shrimp and fixins over the top and garnished with a little chopped green onion and some cayenne pepper for some heat and served it with some buttered, toasted French bread.

I would have eaten thirds, but I'm trying to maintain my slim girlish figure. grin

Pics if your still hungry...

Posted By: inatree

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/17/17 05:52 PM

Ok Irishguy that's it ! I'm moving in the basement. I can't stand it anymore. Lol
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/17/17 07:30 PM

Mercy
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/17/17 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: inatree
Ok Irishguy that's it ! I'm moving in the basement. I can't stand it anymore. Lol

We have bunk beds down there... grin
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/17/17 08:31 PM

You suck.
Posted By: bmc77

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/18/17 06:55 PM

Man that looks fantastic.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/19/17 07:57 AM

Traditional shrimp and grits is one of my favorites.

The best I've ever had was made by Russian immigrants in a Holiday Inn bar in Maryland. Go figure.

I think the recipe you're using is similar to one we had at a place in Orange Beach. I forget the name of it but it was quite good. The fried grits were a new one on me.
Posted By: tbest3

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/19/17 11:53 AM

Sonofa!
Posted By: James

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/19/17 08:16 PM

Nice...
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/23/17 01:18 PM

I bet y'all could walk out in the yard, pick up the first ten things you found and make it look and taste incredible.
Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 10/24/17 04:32 PM

Yummy goodness right there!!
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/17/23 05:19 PM

This post ages quite well.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/17/23 06:15 PM

One of my favorite meals
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/18/23 12:19 AM

Awesome!!
Posted By: alhawk

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/18/23 06:21 PM

Always impressed.
One other post shrimp boil meals for me is cut corn off the cob, cut sausage and potatoes in small pieces and then saute in butter. Add shrimp and then two or three eggs for a scramble or omelette.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/18/23 06:26 PM

Thanks for bringing it back - my first look - master peace
Posted By: James

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/18/23 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 3bailey3
Awesome!!
Posted By: Wes7777

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/19/23 04:43 AM

OH MY!!!! Sounds TASTY!!!!
Posted By: Buck_TrackingAL

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/22/23 03:43 PM

Still looking good after all these years.
Posted By: imadeerhntr

Re: Skrimps and Grits... - 11/23/23 01:43 PM

Looks great as always, you never disappoint
© 2024 ALDEER.COM