Aldeer.com

Recipie for redfish

Posted By: blumsden

Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 09:27 AM

Need some redfish recipie's.
Posted By: hallb

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 09:35 AM

Personally I think blackened is the best way to do redfish. Rub with olive oil, season generously with whatever kind of blackening seasoning you like, cast iron pan full of butter and oil, smoking hot, couple of minutes on both sides. Then LOTS of lemon juice right as you take the filets out of the pan.

Other than that - batter and fry it.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 09:42 AM

yep, blackened.

my wife makes a Louisiana cream sauce with crawfish to go on top.

pretty good.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 10:30 AM

Blackened with etouffee on top.
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 01:36 PM

Blackened is good but to me there is no other way to eat redfish other than on the half shell. Fillet the fish leaving the skin and scales on. Coat the meat side of the fillet with a very light coat of olive oil so your seasoning will stick. Season to taste with salt, pepper, Tony C's or your favorite cajun seasoning. Drizzle with lemon juice and place small pats of butter down the entire length of the fillet. Place fillet, scale side down on a hot grill. Cook until thick part of the fillet flakes with a fork. Pull it off and serve. The scales will keep it from burning and when you eat it, the meat will come off clean leaving the just the skin and scales intact on the plate. I promise you, you'll cook it again this way if you've never had it.

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 01:42 PM

Originally Posted By: abolt300
Blackened is good but to me there is no other way to eat redfish other than on the half shell. Fillet the fish leaving the skin and scales on. Coat the meat side of the fillet with a very light coat of olive oil so your seasoning will stick. Season to taste with salt, pepper, Tony C's or your favorite cajun seasoning. Drizzle with lemon juice and place small pats of butter down the entire length of the fillet. Place fillet, scale side down on a hot grill. Cook until thick part of the fillet flakes with a fork. Pull it off and serve. The scales will keep if from burning and when you eat it, the meat will come off clean leaving the just the skin and scales intact on the plate. I promise you, you'll cook it again this way if you've never had it.

we did that a few times too. Also good.

good in oven on pyrex and on grill
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 02:17 PM

I've heard redfish on the half shell is where it's at. Maybe someone that has a recipe will chime in.
Posted By: cchoque93

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 03:09 PM

scales on grill, old bay and zesty italian
Posted By: wew3006

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: cchoque93
scales on grill, old bay and zesty italian

I don't do the Old Bay; but that's the On the Half Shell ticket. Very fresh is best
Posted By: aubigmac

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 04:04 PM

I do them on the half shell also. I was told to make a boat out of foil to place them in. Pour Italian on top and let them set for about 30 min. Coat in the seasonings you like and put lemon slices on top. throw the whole thing on the grill.

This is the only kind of grilled fish I can get my wife to eat.

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 04:30 PM

I personally don't like the Italian on a mild fish like a redfish. But that's just me. I think it over powers the flavor of the fish itself.
Posted By: Clem

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/18/17 04:44 PM

Fillet with the skin on. Add a gentle bit of Tony Cachere's or Slap Yo' Mama or whatever seasoning you like. Maybe add a pat or three of butter. Grill with skin-side down until meat pulls easily from the skin. Remove, serve, gorge.

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 06:40 AM

Well, I cooked some last night on the half shell. I put olive oil/lemon juice/salt/pepper/creole/onion powder/garlic/cayenne pepper and put garlic butter on top and cooked on the grill with some pecan wood and we tore that stuff up! I'll stop by the store today and get some old bay and blackening seasoning and try that tonight.

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 07:34 AM

Originally Posted By: blumsden
Well, I cooked some last night on the half shell. I put olive oil/lemon juice/salt/pepper/creole/onion powder/garlic/cayenne pepper and put garlic butter on top and cooked on the grill with some pecan wood and we tore that stuff up! I'll stop by the store today and get some old bay and blackening seasoning and try that tonight.

you are welcome.
Posted By: HBWALKER14

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Southwood7
I've heard redfish on the half shell is where it's at. Maybe someone that has a recipe will chime in.

Half shell with tony chachere's and lemon juice is mighty fine

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 09:28 AM

Originally Posted By: jbc

you are welcome.

Like I said above with the recipe, what you did last night is my all time favorite. If youre going blackened, JBC is right on the money with the Pauls. Best stuff out there for it. Just make sure you get your skillet red hot and do not under any circumstances cook it in the house on the stove. You'll set off every smoke detector you've got.
Posted By: Geno

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 10:26 AM

Half shell.

Brush with olive oil, pats of butter an inch or so apart, lemon juice splatter, EXTREMELY LIGHT dusting of slap yo mama.

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 10:49 AM

Jbc, who carries that. Does Walmart or winn Dixie have it?

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 11:08 AM

probably both. I know our walmart carries it. Be sure to read what I said above about not cooking it in the house. rofl Wife did not think it was funny first time I tried it on the stove.

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 11:37 AM

I'll be cooking it on the grill.
Posted By: Turkeymaster

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 01:41 PM

tony satury seasoning, wrap in aluminum with some butter and some lemon juice
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: jbc

you are welcome.

The best blackening season they make. I agree with you.
On the half shell with butter and Tony's are my two favorites.
Posted By: Powpow65

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 07:16 PM

Half shell

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/19/17 08:00 PM

Jbc, who carries that. Does Walmart or winn Dixie have it?

Any grocery store + Walmart I'm sure

If ever in New Orleans go to his restaurant "K-Paul's Louisiana Kitchen" and get the blackened drum on cheese grits.

Would be my last meal if on death row

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/20/17 06:48 AM

Well, guys I stopped at Winn-Dixie and of course they didn't have that brand, but they had another so I bought it. I fixed it last night and it was really good. Cooked it on the grill with some pecan wood throwed on for good measure. Thanks guys for all the recipe's.
Posted By: perchjerker

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/20/17 08:00 AM

Last time I bought it it was in a box along with several other varieties of Paul's flavors. There is also steak flavoring that is really good. Most stores carry it.

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/20/17 08:13 AM

Steak, seafodd, veggies.

https://www.chefpaul.com/recipes

http://www.kpauls.com/

https://www.chefpaul.com/site365.php

Walmart

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/20/17 08:19 AM

Pauls Redfish(any fish) recipe. I use it on flounder too.

https://www.chefpaul.com/site.php?pageID=300&view=128
Posted By: countryjwh

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/21/17 06:39 AM

Well, guys I stopped at Winn-Dixie and of course they didn't have that brand, but they had another so I bought it. I fixed it last night and it was really good. Cooked it on the grill with some pecan wood throwed on for good measure. Thanks guys for all the recipe's.

its a our winn dixie
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Recipie for redfish - 09/21/17 02:46 PM

Redfish Courtbouillon

You're welcome!!!!

Recipe
Posted By: DEADorALIVE

Re: Recipie for redfish - 10/08/17 04:56 PM

Follow the recipe for any of those listed above to grill it on the half-shell, but instead of grilling it, put it in the smoker with a sweet wood, apple/maple/cherry, at 225° just until the meat turns flaky...do not overcook! As others have said, it'll scoop right out of the skin, and we never have leftovers.
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Recipie for redfish - 10/17/17 09:11 AM

red pepper, sea salt, italian dressing( dry) and a dash of lemon
© 2024 ALDEER.COM