Aldeer.com

Holy Moly, that was good

Posted By: jawbone

Holy Moly, that was good - 09/11/17 10:21 PM

I had some backstrap marinated in some Pelliteri's Marinade for Saturday but my family had other plans so I saved it and grilled it last night to a perfect medium rare. There was about a half of a backstrap uneaten this evening so I cut it into bite sized chunks and half a Vidalia and sautéed them in a butter bath until onions were clear and beginning to caramelize. That simple concoction may have been as tasty as any deer meat I've ever had. Think caramelized Vidalia and deer meat swimming in drawn butter to get an idea of the taste.

I've never heard of Pelliteri's marinade before but it was in the fridge, I later learned my son bought it to marinade a steak for a cookout they had. It looks like Dale's but has a different taste and includes lemon juice. It really helped break down the meat and tenderize it, plus had a really good flavor.

Posted By: BCLC

Re: Holy Moly, that was good - 09/12/17 12:19 AM

Sounds great. That MrP's marinade will make you throw a bottle of Dale's in the trash. Their dry seasonings are top notch too. The lemon pepper, blue top butter n herbs, and black/orange label bold are my favorites.
Posted By: Wiley Coyote

Re: Holy Moly, that was good - 09/12/17 01:22 AM

Sounds real good. My favorite marinade is Allegro. Dales and it's likeness are too salty for me.
Posted By: ts1979flh

Re: Holy Moly, that was good - 09/13/17 11:00 AM

I didn't realize until the Alabama Living Co-Op magazine came out a couple weeks ago that the Pelliteri's and Moore's marinade is made in Alabama. Click the link below and scroll down to the bottom to read about it. Our local Foodland carries the Pelliteri's spices/rubs too.

Alabama Made Sauces
Posted By: Blackwater_Reb

Re: Holy Moly, that was good - 09/14/17 09:04 AM

Originally Posted By: BCLC
Sounds great. That MrP's marinade will make you throw a bottle of Dale's in the trash. Their dry seasonings are top notch too.

Totally agreed. Little butcher shop on top of Shades Mtn above Homewood. They make their own italian sausage and have good deli sammiches too.
Posted By: biglmbass

Re: Holy Moly, that was good - 09/14/17 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Wiley Coyote
Sounds real good. My favorite marinade is Allegro. Dales and it's likeness are too salty for me.

Allegro is fantastic & I was fortunate to find it by accident. A relative had left it in my girlfriends fridge. The hickory smoke variety was delicious on thick boneless chops.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Holy Moly, that was good - 09/14/17 09:19 PM

All the pillitari's stuff is really really good. I like there bbq sauce as well.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Holy Moly, that was good - 09/16/17 07:04 AM

Pilliteries+ garlic powder+ onion powder = best steak marinade ever
© 2024 ALDEER.COM