Aldeer.com

Homemade salsa

Posted By: hallb

Homemade salsa - 09/11/17 02:19 PM

I'm hooked on chips and salsa and most of the store bought salsa brands just aren't that good, plus, what's better than fresh ingredients. I've honed this recipe in over time to my liking and I like mine with a good amount of heat. But, you can adjust the number of jalepenos, leave out the habanero flakes, leave out the chipotles, etc - it's a pretty easy recipe to adjust to your liking, change the seasonings up, etc. Always keep a big batch on hand during football season.

1 can diced tomatoes
1 whole vine tomatoe, rough chop
1/2 yellow onion, rough chop
2-3 jalepenos, rough chop
4-5 garlic cloves
1 big handful pull cilantro
1 small can chipotle in adobo
2-3 tablespoons vinegar, depending on your liking of vinegar
juice of one lime
1 teaspoon habenero flakes
2-3 teaspoon salt or to taste
couple of good shakes of tajin clasico seasoning with lime

Throw it all in food processor, give it a few pulses to start breaking down and mixing everything good. Then let it go to your liking. I let it go a good bit, get it pretty smooth, maybe 15-20 seconds I suppose. It actually gets better over time in the fridge, but it also can get a little bit more heat to it.
Posted By: willdo22

Re: Homemade salsa - 09/11/17 07:46 PM

I like a lot of cilantro and some good heat.
Posted By: inatree

Re: Homemade salsa - 09/11/17 08:14 PM

That sounds great! I am going to have to have to try
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Homemade salsa - 09/13/17 05:02 PM

Just made some. Good recipe

Re: Homemade salsa - 09/14/17 10:40 AM

I just made another batch myself. It's never going to be exactly the same every time, jalapenos vary in size and heat, onions vary in size, etc. So, it's something you can mess with every batch. I think the chipotles are a must though.

Also a picture of the tajin seasoning and the habanero flakes. The tajin stuff is so good, I put it on everything just about. I get it at Publix in the ethnic section. The flakes, have to order from pepperpalace.com, but probably something similar in stores.

Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Homemade salsa - 10/01/17 06:11 PM

Sounds yummy but I am one of those folks that cilantro does not agree with...tastes like soap to me.

I make it with fresh avocado diced, fresh tomatoes chopped, one medium red onion chopped, one or two jalapeno chopped, juice of one lime, salt and pepper to taste. Works for me...I can't do tooooo much heat. Yours looks wonderful though.
Posted By: jono23

Re: Homemade salsa - 10/01/17 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Maggie123
Sounds yummy but I am one of those folks that cilantro does not agree with...tastes like soap to me.

I make it with fresh avocado diced, fresh tomatoes chopped, one medium red onion chopped, one or two jalapeno chopped, juice of one lime, salt and pepper to taste. Works for me...I can't do tooooo much heat. Yours looks wonderful though.

Tastes like soap to me too. I hate it. Luckily my wife is the same way.

I like the sound of your salsa.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Homemade salsa - 10/02/17 12:57 PM

not to side track thread,.. but if you are looking for good hot salsa in the store, I highly recommend Mrs Renfroes Habanero Salsa. Made in Fort Worth TX.

I picked some up in publix the other day, and it is really really good. great flavor, and Hot. It is "restaurant style", more runny than chunky.

Posted By: deerman24

Re: Homemade salsa - 10/02/17 06:27 PM

cilantro, cannot eat. The smell really does not sit with me. The rest looks good
Posted By: Snowman257wby

Re: Homemade salsa - 10/03/17 12:36 AM

Colantro to me makes all the difference in the world in a salsa. To each there own I guess

Re: Homemade salsa - 10/03/17 02:15 PM

That's interesting, I think the cilantro makes all the difference too. I hope it doesn't taste like soap to me next time I have it!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM