Aldeer.com

Variation on the "Mississippi Roast"

Posted By: GomerPyle

Variation on the "Mississippi Roast" - 08/30/17 11:57 AM

the typical Mississippi Roast that has been making its way around the innerwebs lately is a roast in a crockpot with a packet of ranch powder, a packet of au jus mix, a stick of butter and several pepperoncini peppers.

we made one last night but instead of using a roast, MrsGomer put a bunch of frozen chicken tenders in it. (we also only use about 2/3 a stick of butter).

shredded it up still in the crock pot, then put it on hamburger buns to make a sammich.

KILLER
Posted By: Shaneomac2

Re: Variation on the "Mississippi Roast" - 08/30/17 12:00 PM

sounds good
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Variation on the "Mississippi Roast" - 08/30/17 05:41 PM

I had forgotten "mississippi roast" as the name. My grandma always called it "deer bbq," even though it isn't anything resembling bbq.

We use a whole jar of pepperoncini, juice and all.

We make this all the time with deer roasts. Dang good. In fact, we may have one tomorrow night!
Posted By: JDR4Bama

Re: Variation on the "Mississippi Roast" - 08/30/17 07:14 PM

I think the pepperoncini (sp?) makes the meal.
Posted By: SouthBamaSlayer

Re: Variation on the "Mississippi Roast" - 08/30/17 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: GomerPyle
the typical Mississippi Roast that has been making its way around the innerwebs lately is a roast in a crockpot with a packet of ranch powder, a packet of au jus mix, a stick of butter and several pepperoncini peppers.

we made one last night but instead of using a roast, MrsGomer put a bunch of frozen chicken tenders in it. (we also only use about 2/3 a stick of butter).

shredded it up still in the crock pot, then put it on hamburger buns to make a sammich.

KILLER

Oh yeah. We do it with any meat for tacos as well, especially pork.
Posted By: jbc

Re: Variation on the "Mississippi Roast" - 09/07/17 07:24 PM

Just did this and made tacos.

Delicious
Posted By: Irishguy

Re: Variation on the "Mississippi Roast" - 10/14/17 06:16 AM

Back when our oldest son passed on, we had several folks bring food, as is the southern tradition. Once such wonderful lady across the street brought one of these Mississippi roasts and let me tell you it was wonderful. Mrs. Irish and I both ate it up, thankful for what we had received. However, the next morning however Mrs. Irish (Who is sensitive to things such as MSG) woke up with a migraine so bad that she was throwing up. It was the worst I have ever seen the poor gal.

So just a warning to folks who may be sensitive to such things these little packets of prepared seasonings can contain all sorts of stuff that my trigger undesired results. We actually use brown gravy mixes and canned stuff all the time, but we (because of her sensitivity) have to check stuff first.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM