Aldeer.com

SMOKER recipes

Posted By: hunter84

SMOKER recipes - 06/28/17 10:46 AM

I received a new smoker for Father's day. Wanted to get some of yalls GOOD smoker recipes. GO.....
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: SMOKER recipes - 06/29/17 08:09 PM

Butts, ribs ,chicken quarter's and tonys
Posted By: top cat

Re: SMOKER recipes - 06/30/17 07:10 AM

Boston Butt 6-8 lbs. Rub it down 24 hours before time to cook. When time to cook sit our of fridge an hour before it goes on. Smoker 225-250 fat side up for 4-6 hours, off, double wrap in heavey foil. Back on another 5-7 hours. (Time depended on size) Off, out of foil and back on another hour. Save some of the drippings from the foil wrapping. Off. Let stand in a foil tent another hour. Bone should slide out easily. Pull and seperate out the fat. Hand pull of chop. Add in some of the drippings, some of the dry rub. A vinigar based sauce is great to add as well. Enjoy.
Posted By: Blackwater_Reb

Re: SMOKER recipes - 06/30/17 08:37 AM

I like to soak my butts in a molasses brine for about 48hrs prior to rubbing down and smoking. Good stuff.

I like to marinate my brisket in red enchilada sauce for about the same.

The butt is pretty foolproof, but you gotta watch the brisket. Make sure it has a nice fat cap and cook it about 4hrs more than you think you should. Low and slow.
Posted By: hunter84

Re: SMOKER recipes - 06/30/17 02:40 PM

Appreciate guys, going to try a couple this weekend.
Posted By: Cousneddy

Re: SMOKER recipes - 07/05/17 07:24 AM

I like smaller butts (don't tell my wife!) around 5-6 pounds each. I cut the fat cap off and rub them in mustard, get a good thick coat of it on there. Sprinkle heavy with Bob Bynum Butt Rub, run smoker at 225 until internal temp hits 205. Take off smoker and wrap in foil and let sit about an hour. Pull the meat apart and serve with mustard slaw.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM