Aldeer.com

It's smoking time

Posted By: BobF

It's smoking time - 05/13/17 08:36 PM

Prime rib with whiskey pepper corn sauce...twice baked potatoes & stuffed skins.

Posted By: willdo22

Re: It's smoking time - 05/13/17 10:25 PM

NICE
Posted By: top cat

Re: It's smoking time - 05/14/17 11:01 AM

beers
Posted By: AUwrestler

Re: It's smoking time - 05/14/17 11:57 AM

Awesome
Posted By: James

Re: It's smoking time - 05/14/17 05:58 PM

thumbup
Posted By: bama1157

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 08:28 AM

Holy crap that looks good!!!!
Posted By: snakebit

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 08:48 AM

Will you explain why you do that cut pattern to the meat.
Just curious as you had it on the tomahawk too.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 09:04 AM

awesome man!

Dr. B

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 09:47 AM

Looks great, Im about to get 3 racks of spare ribs going. 6 hrs till dinner time. Any tips appreciated. Gonna use hickory and leave them on smoke the whole time this cook. Looking for a better bark. 225 deg for 6 hrs in offset smoke box.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 09:58 AM

Originally Posted By: AUwrestler
Looks great, Im about to get 3 racks of spare ribs going. 6 hrs till dinner time. Any tips appreciated. Gonna use hickory and leave them on smoke the whole time this cook. Looking for a better bark. 225 deg for 6 hrs in offset smoke box.

So what time should we show up, and is the whole soccer team invited???
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 10:21 AM

Looks amazing. So does the dog fish head. Wish I could find that around here.

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: mcninja

not the whole team, but I ask blair about yall. Should be ready about 430. Only problem is you always have an extra kid each time we see you. Cant feed 20. Haha.

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: snakebit
Will you explain why you do that cut pattern to the meat.
Just curious as you had it on the tomahawk too.

I can eat it faster smile

I'm sure it's just for a different presentation at some establishments...

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: TickaTicka
Looks amazing. So does the dog fish head. Wish I could find that around here.

I actually picked it up at Walmart, I was very surprised to see it there.

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 10:32 AM

Sounds like a great dinner!!
Posted By: mcninja

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 10:39 AM

not the whole team, but I ask blair about yall. Should be ready about 430. Only problem is you always have an extra kid each time we see you. Cant feed 20. Haha.

Haha it sounds great but I've got late meetings today so we'll have to take a raincheck. Need to get the fams together soon, though.

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 11:15 AM

Haha it sounds great but I've got late meetings today so we'll have to take a raincheck. Need to get the fams together soon, though.
ill bring you a hot one to the game.

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 12:53 PM

AU, what's the plan on the ribs? Rub? With the offset fire/smoke box do you have to rotate the racks so that one end doesn't get more heat than the other? Just curious how others do it...always learning.

I like a good bark, so I've never done the 3-2-1 method, nor do I sauce or mop them during the cook and I haven't noticed a problem with the connective tissue not being broken down and the meat is tender and juicy.

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: BobF
AU, what's the plan on the ribs? Rub? With the offset fire/smoke box do you have to rotate the racks so that one end doesn't get more heat than the other? Just curious how others do it...always learning.

I like a good bark, so I've never done the 3-2-1 method, nor do I sauce or mop them during the cook and I haven't noticed a problem with the connective tissue not being broken down and the meat is tender and juicy.

i do a dry rub with brown sugar base and let them sit in fridge wrapped in foil for 24 hrs or more. Let them warm up before going on smoke. With the offset I made my own deflector plate so the side doesnt get hotter than the other. Takes more heat to get it to 225. But im not constantly turning the ribs. But at the 3 hr mark. I turned them 180 deg and covered in honey and dripped the juice from the pan they sat in the fridge in over them. Then put them back on smoke. I usually wrap them after 3-4 hrs, but trying them with a full 6 hrs on smoke. Im using hickory wood. And my secret weapon to using an offset is a bbq guru digi Q.. Best investment ever. Also I put high heat tape around the lid so it doesnt leak as bad. What is your method.

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 03:44 PM

I have been eye-balling the digi-q, especially for long and/or overnight cooks like butts and brisket.

Very similar to the way you're doing it...I use a spicy sweet rub, wrap tightly in plastic wrap overnight in the fridge. I use a stackable rib rack, both deflector plates with the temp at 225 (full firebox without the divider). I use hickory or a combination of hickory and apple for smoke and about an inch of apple juice in the drip pan. When I hit the 6 hr mark I use a toothpick or my hand held temp probe to check the biggest part of the rack between the bones to make sure the connective tissue has been broken down, at that point they are ready to pull and rest a bit before serving.

Re: It's smoking time - 05/17/17 05:54 PM

Turned out good, a little too Smokey for me. Might take them off earlier next time. Always good yo swap notes with people
© 2024 ALDEER.COM