Aldeer.com

Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts

Posted By: ts1979flh

Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/03/17 03:26 PM

Did some bacon wrapped and marinated duck breasts yesterday evening.

Served with some grilled vegetables.

Posted By: Maggie123

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/03/17 04:29 PM

Those look tasty...I've never had much luck with duck other than frying the breast. What was your marinate?
Posted By: James

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/03/17 10:09 PM

Mmmmmm
Posted By: CD

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 01:55 AM

Looks good! I always hear folks say ducks aren't worth eating but if they are the right ones cooked the right way, we love em. I grilled some a while back and they were excellent. I used a sharp knife to open up a pocket that I stuffed with cream cheese, jalapeņos and salad peppers then marinated in Italian dressing.

Posted By: ts1979flh

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Maggie123
Those look tasty...I've never had much luck with duck other than frying the breast. What was your marinate?

I split each breast in half length wise and used equal portions of Moores and Worcestershire sauce. I also sprinkled some Adolph's tenderizer in the zip lock bag too. Before wrapping in bacon, I seasoned them with Cavander's greek seasoning.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 10:37 AM

Great recipe, always loved by everyone. Took a pile of them to a superbowl party last year and people were asking for more of the finest beef they'd ever eaten.

Seared whole duck breasts in a cast iron skillet with a simple pan sauce served with wild rice is a meal that can't be beat. Rare and nothing further.
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 11:12 AM

Looks awesome.
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 11:14 AM

Originally Posted By: CD

(giggles quietly)
Posted By: mcninja

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: snakebit
Originally Posted By: CD

(giggles quietly)

Lol I see what you did there....Classy man.
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: TickaTicka
Great recipe, always loved by everyone. Took a pile of them to a superbowl party last year and people were asking for more of the finest beef they'd ever eaten.

Seared whole duck breasts in a cast iron skillet with a simple pan sauce served with wild rice is a meal that can't be beat. Rare and nothing further.
You've got to give me that recipe then!

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: ozarktroutbum

You've got to give me that recipe then!

Nothing complicated. Searing hot cast iron skillet, some good fat in the pan, salt and pepper each side of breast and sear 2 or so minutes per side. You want this rare. Red, bloody rare when you cut into it.

Time depends on size of duck. This isn't good for teal/woodducks cause they overcook quick. Larger puddle ducks are better.

Remove and loosely tent with foil. Add some shallots, or finely diced onions to pan, maybe a little chopped garlic. Add some wine or whiskey and some fresh herbs (thyme, lavendar are my favorites), reduce and then start to thicken, slowly adding some cold pats of butter or thick cream. Serve pan sauce over wild rice and thinly sliced duck breasts.

If you are fortunate enough to shoot some large late season migrating puddle ducks, pluck the breast and then breast the bird out, leaving the skin and fat on the breast meat. That fat under the skin is something special and when you eat that crispy, seared duck skin, well, you might need a private moment.

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/04/17 07:41 PM

TickaTicka.....woooooo!! Well done!! Thanks for sharing!!

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/06/17 10:15 AM

Found this in photobucket. Like the cream cheese and jalapeno addition to my poppers

Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/10/17 05:26 PM

Fresh jalapeņo, cream cheese, courseys bacon. I like to brush them with a little maple syrup right before I take them off
Posted By: tfd1224

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/23/17 03:30 PM

Those are so much easier to grill if you stick a bunch of them on a skewer

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/23/17 03:56 PM

Found this in photobucket. Like the cream cheese and jalapeno addition to my poppers

These look fabulous but I have always found the cream cheese melts away when I use it in this manner. If anyone has any hints on how to not let that happen, I am open to suggestion.

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/23/17 08:11 PM

These look fabulous but I have always found the cream cheese melts away when I use it in this manner. If anyone has any hints on how to not let that happen, I am open to suggestion.

After cooking literally thousands of these, I've found that not to happen. You lose a little bit, but I'm always amazed at how much stays tucked in those special pillows.

I'm fixing up a batch for our neighborly get together this weekend. Finger food and cocktails. I'll try to post a pic.

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/23/17 08:13 PM

Guys I hunted with a few years ago would take a sushi roll rice mat and put down a layer of saran wrap, a layer of bacon, smother with cream cheese, jalapeņo and game meat, then roll it like a california roll and grill the whole thing. Then slice it up and it made a great camp appetizer.
Posted By: snakebit

Re: Bacon Wrapped Duck Breasts - 04/24/17 03:45 PM

If you will cut an onion (1/4 or 1/8 depending on how big your onion is compared to your stuffing) and pull apart the layers and make little bowls for evrything to melt into while the bacon shrinks to lock it in, then flip it, most everything will say in there.

Enjoy.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM