Aldeer.com

Guess Where These Meals Came From?

Posted By: Irishguy

Guess Where These Meals Came From? - 03/14/17 09:28 PM

I just got back from a trip to the Mississippi coast and we stopped in Alabaster for lunch. Those are the hints...

The burger is from Alabaster and the Carne Asada and fresh fried Gulf shrimp are from the Mississippi coast.

Lunch yesterday: This burger was excellent and super messy with BBQ sauce, mustard, mayo, lettuce, cheese, pickles, tomato, caramelized onions and thick cut bacon.

Dinner last night: This was one of the best Carne Asada steaks I have ever had, served over caramelized onions and with a grilled jalapeno and green onions and cowboy beans and rice on the side and fresh guacamole and a cold negro Modelo.

Lunch today: Fresh fried gulf shrimp in a light batter served with cole slaw, hush puppies and french fries. This place is a legit dive restaurant, they also have fresh seafood for sale or steamed and steamed crawfish. A few more hints...

Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Guess Where These Meals Came From? - 03/14/17 09:35 PM

Fried shrimp came from Desportes
Posted By: charlie

Re: Guess Where These Meals Came From? - 03/14/17 10:18 PM

Shrimp looks like bozos in Pascagoula.

Re: Guess Where These Meals Came From? - 03/15/17 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: charlie
Shrimp looks like bozos in Pascagoula.

Ding! We have a winner!

Damn man that was a good guess. Of all the seafood places on the Mississippi coast, what gave it away? The tables with the garbage cans in the middle for the crawfish shells?

Re: Guess Where These Meals Came From? - 03/15/17 05:07 AM

Originally Posted By: lefthorn
Fried shrimp came from Desportes

Sounds like I should try that place out next time I go down.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Guess Where These Meals Came From? - 03/15/17 06:30 AM

Yeah, desportes is a seafood market in Biloxi with a small hole in the wall restaurant on the side. Or at least before Katrina. Haven't been back since. Used to eat lunch there quite a bit when I worked for the MS DMR
Posted By: charlie

Re: Guess Where These Meals Came From? - 03/15/17 08:11 AM

The tables and I was just in there Friday eating crawfish sitting just to the right of the lady in your picture.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Guess Where These Meals Came From? - 03/15/17 08:17 AM

Skinny Dick's Halfway Inn ..... ????
© 2024 ALDEER.COM