Aldeer.com

Snake Boots?

Posted By: BuckCommander2

Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 05:54 PM

Trying to find me some good snake boots. Anyone have any suggestions?
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 06:05 PM

Lacrosse rubber snake proof boots.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 06:08 PM

I just ordered some Trekker snake boots from cabelas. I'll let you know Friday what I think
Posted By: Bowhunter84

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 07:20 PM

i have the redhead snake boots.
Posted By: Tru-Talker

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Bowhunter84

My next purchase.... Know a guy who has had his for 5 years and still look hardly worn...thankfully ain't been tested yet either....
Posted By: bill

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 07:24 PM

Trekkers are the only non rubber boots that I looked at that the reviews said the water proofing lasted more than a few months. I have about 10 hunts on mine and so far so good. They don't seem to breath too well, though. I had the basspro boots previously and they leaked after just a couple hunts.
Posted By: arKic

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 07:33 PM

Danner Pronghorn Snake Boot leather... rubber will make your feet sweat too much!!
Posted By: Offshore

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 07:57 PM

Danner x 2. Just like tennis shoes
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 08:10 PM

I have the Chippewas and love them, but if I didn't have those, I would DEFINATELY try out the new Irish Setter Vaprtrek boots...I tried a pair on a few weeks ago and they were light and comfy
Posted By: sj22

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 08:27 PM

Me too, they are light and very comfortable
Posted By: Gib

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 08:32 PM

I bought the Irish setters this year and have went 300 plus yards down a creek quite a few mornings to get to one spot. I've really liked them so far.
Posted By: Moodyc24

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 08:51 PM

I just got the Irish setters VaprTrek boots today. They are a lot more comfortable than the stiff leather ones. I tried on the lacrosse ones and walked around the store and could tell they were going to rub my feet raw.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Moodyc24
I tried on the lacrosse ones and walked around the store and could tell they were going to rub my feet raw.

Wuss
Posted By: Moodyc24

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: N2TRKYS
I tried on the lacrosse ones and walked around the store and could tell they were going to rub my feet raw.

Wuss

I knew that was coming from someone. Had to be u huh!! Lol
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 09:48 PM

You could just get these and then every pair of boots you own for the next 30 years or so can be snake boots if you want them to be
http://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/Products.asp?mi=42241
Posted By: rackhunter'

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 09:49 PM

I just got the Irish setters VaprTrek boots today. They are a lot more comfortable than the stiff leather ones. I tried on the lacrosse ones and walked around the store and could tell they were going to rub my feet raw.

I've been wearing the Vaportreks all season, so far they are awesome.
Posted By: hootn

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/07/14 10:04 PM

i have had a pair of rocky snake boots for about 5 years and other than leaking around a couple of eyelets not bad they have been good.
while in florida we had to cross the hillsbourgh river( river my arse, 12 to 15 feet across). no problem in the dark however on the way out there are some rocks to cross on, but one moved on me and i thought i was going down. every step i thought how deep is it going to be. my dad was about to fall in laughing at me. i kept trying to turn to my right to keep the gun out of the water if i did go in. i only got water thru the top from stumbling around. didnt go in or down.

scott
Posted By: ShakeyShooter

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 07:30 AM

Danner Pronghorn Snake boots are amazing. Well worth every penny, and your feet will thank you. Comfortable, and waterproof.
Posted By: James

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: sj22

Me too, they are light and very comfortable
x3 Only pair I could find in a 14 that day.I like them though good boots..
Posted By: mr.clif

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 08:18 AM

Got two pairs of danners,Pronghorn and I think the others are jackals. The jackals are the best wearing snake boot I've found like extra long high top tennis shoe.
Posted By: DaffyDucksWorstNightmare

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 08:18 AM

I have had a pair of Rocky's for a year and half they wear like tennis shoes but they are leaking. My next pair will be Irish Setters
Posted By: mmusso

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 08:19 AM

I'm about 6 months into a pair of Muck Woody Armors. I like them pretty good so far...
Posted By: Brent

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 08:22 AM

Originally Posted By: mr.clif
Got two pairs of danners,Pronghorn and I think the others are jackals. The jackals are the best wearing snake boot I've found like extra long high top tennis shoe.

I have both of these too, and I agree 100%.
Posted By: Avengedsevenfold

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 03:16 PM

Now I may get bit the next time I go, but I did a slam several years back in a pair of cabela's boots that were about as tall as some timberlands......

Hunted in Alabama, Florida, Texas, South Dakota, and Nebraska.

You women worry too damn much!

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: mmusso
I'm about 6 months into a pair of Muck Woody Armors. I like them pretty good so far...

Even if you did have to spray paint them camo laugh
Posted By: mmusso

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/08/14 03:20 PM

You know how much that bothers me. Yes, the camo was all faded, and now it's fresh... grin
Posted By: jweant

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/09/14 11:01 AM

X whatever on the Redhead boots. light, dry, and comfy. haven't been snake tested yet.

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/09/14 11:45 AM

You know how much that bothers me. Yes, the camo was all faded, and now it's fresh... grin

mmusso's custom camo painting smile
Posted By: SharpSpur

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/09/14 11:56 AM

I have a pair of redhead zip ups. Most comfortable insole of any shoe I own. Bar none. If I could get them in a tennis shoe I would. Only problem is the zipper got mud in them and ripped the handle off. Otherwise great boot for me, don't want to know if they are snake proof....
Posted By: clydee

Re: Snake Boots? - 04/09/14 03:27 PM

Originally Posted By: SharpSpur
I have a pair of redhead zip ups. Most comfortable insole of any shoe I own. Bar none. If I could get them in a tennis shoe I would. Only problem is the zipper got mud in them and ripped the handle off. Otherwise great boot for me, don't want to know if they are snake proof....

X2 I love my redhead snake boots. My zipper handle broke as well. I talked to bass pro and they said to just take them to any store and they would replace them as long as it's been less than a year. Plan to wear thru season and then return them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM