Aldeer.com

Best turkey hunting boots??

Posted By: wareagle22

Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 08:24 PM

I have always worn Rocky boots but I am tired of them leaking after very little use. What kinds do you guys wear? I really want something like a hiking boot as snake boots are too hot for me. They must be WATERPROOF!!!
Posted By: blade

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 08:37 PM

I've worn keen hiking boots some this year. Waterproof so far, very light and comfortable. They are only just above the ankle boots though.
Posted By: bowtarist

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 08:40 PM

My Rocky's are exactly a year old and they are falling apart. All the seams around the toe are busted lose and if I walk across a field while the dew is still on you can bet ur ass ur feet will be wet.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 08:45 PM

I had a pair of Rocky snake boots that were awesome, but that was 10 years ago. My next pair did exactly what y'alls are doing. I'm not gonna hunt without snake boots and waterproof is a must. Last year i bought a pair of Lacrosse rubber snake boots. Been good, so far. Fyi, i walk several miles in them each hunt.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 08:47 PM

Lowa Zephyrs. I've been really pleased with mine so far.
Posted By: tki

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 08:51 PM

I have danner pronghorns. They are 6 years old, use turkey & deer hunting. Best I have ever had. They made some changes, I seen em @ marks but I didn't put them on to see if they were about the same. I wish i had bought another pair to put back for when I wear these out. I have decided to get russell moccisan turkey boots next tho, I had them measure me up at nashville. I do love my Danners though! On the waterproof,anytime you poke a hole making a stich you have a place for water to get in no matter what.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 08:54 PM

If waterproof is the mosst important thing to you followed by snakeproof, the the lacrosse mudlites that are snakeproof are what youre looking for
Posted By: woodsrider

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 08:56 PM

I wish I knew which boot to recommend. I have had tons of different snake boots as I wear them hunting and I work in them too. The Rocky boots will not hold up, the Danner boots will last a little bit longer but they are expensive. I do like a boot that has more leather cause atleast you can stay waterproof longer by using mink oil.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 09:19 PM

get danners
Posted By: Cletus

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 09:35 PM

I use Saloman hiking boots camoflauged with mud and pollen! Real comfy for alot of walking.

I have been wanting to get some snake boots and the Danners look good but for the price they better hold up. Plus im a hot natured person so I think snake boots would cause a pool of sweat in my boots. Anybody have issues with the heat of snake boots?
Posted By: gobbler

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Ben2
get danners

X2, I work in the woods every day and love my Danners.
Posted By: Jpipererp

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 09:54 PM

I wear my tony lama TLX work boots. they are broken in and have some good tread on them. If I am in some thick stuff I got some red head snake boots I got a few years back that are pretty good.
Posted By: crockrj

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 10:00 PM

I use the 7" lacrosse burlys. Not a lot of hiking where we are and it's pretty flat.
Posted By: NightHunter

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 10:32 PM

Get out your pocketbook and order a pair from Russell Moccasin Company. $400 plus pair of boots but will last.
Posted By: Bamarich2

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 10:34 PM

Remember not all Rocky boots are equal. If you buy the Rocky snake boot that Bass Pro (not the Rattlers) carries, it's made to higher specs than their other models (Bass Pro demands higher quality). I'm working on year three of the lace/zip model they sold three years ago - waterproofing and stitching is just fine. At least twice each season, I also spray them down with a waterproofing spray. Best snake boots I've ever owned bar none.
Posted By: BAMA44

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/16/13 10:58 PM

Muck Boots have a snake boot in the works and may be released late fall.... Also, handmade and measured to U Russell boots are the ultimate... Mine are 7/8 years old and look like new and are waterproof as well.
Posted By: cahaba

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 03:00 AM

I have Danner GTX snake boots. Saturday I was in water almost to the top and my boots at the end of the day were dry as a bone. This is the second year I have used them. They are also holding up good.
Posted By: BIG-AL

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 05:59 AM

Danner thumbup
Posted By: trkymn6f0

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 09:02 AM

lacrosse grange
Posted By: hawglips

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: trkymn6f0
lacrosse grange

Yep.

Here a pic of them in action...

Posted By: arKic

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 10:56 AM

I wear Danner Snakebook for Turkeys and Danner Pronghorns everywhere else in the woods!
Posted By: bubbasambo

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 12:32 PM

I love my old lacrosse rubber / neoprene upper boots.

If a snake bites through the neoprene and my sock, it just wasn't my day..
Posted By: muzziehead

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 12:32 PM

I wear my Muck rubber boots. I can walk all day in them and my feet never start to hurt. They are very quite, light and water proof. Only fall back is they are not snake proof.
Posted By: trkymn6f0

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 04:49 PM

my version Hal

Posted By: mmusso

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 05:39 PM

not RedHeads...
Posted By: Blackhawk

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 06:31 PM

get the ones that are snake proof.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: crenshawco
If waterproof is the mosst important thing to you followed by snakeproof, the the lacrosse mudlites that are snakeproof are what youre looking for

I agree. Don't know how long they last but I got them this year. I'm tired of wet feet.

Also look at the muck armor boots. They look good to.
Posted By: Johnal3

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 07:22 PM

Why do they combine insulation and snake proof?? That's the dumbest thing ever to me. I either need warm feet with no snake protection, or snake protection and the coolest you can make them!!
Posted By: grayfox

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/17/13 09:17 PM

Been wearing Cabela's GORE-TEX Cordura Snake Boots for several years now. No leaks so far. They take a little breaking in but the gore-tex is much cooler than the rubber boots & they are light also.
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Best turkey hunting boots?? - 04/18/13 08:36 AM

Danner pronhorns for me, going on 11 yrs. I only hunt turkeys and upland birds with them.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM