Aldeer.com

Hatchett Creek Calls

Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 12:59 AM

Anybody here know Leonard Carr of Talladega that makes Hatchett Creek Calls? His phone doesn't seem to work anymore and I don't know how to locate him. I sure hope he hasn't gone out of business. Thanks for any help.
Posted By: leroycnbucks

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 01:49 AM

PM yekrut. He probably would know.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
PM yekrut. He probably would know.

Lol
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 04:04 AM

Preacher, there is a hatchett creek cases (makes some awesome shadow boxes) on Facebook from seale, al and a hatchett creek hunting preserve from rockford, al. I'll keep looking and see what else I can find.

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 04:06 AM

Carr, Leonard
9 Sugar Creek Lane
Talladega, AL 35160

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
Carr, Leonard
9 Sugar Creek Lane
Talladega, AL 35160

Yea, that's him, but his phone rings once and then stops. Nobody ever answers. I wanted to get a dozen of his calls, but I can't find any way to buy them. A local store still has a few last year's calls, but said they haven't heard from him this year.

I may have to learn to use something else.

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 04:15 AM

There is a guy at the below link at alducks that says he knows how to get up with him.

http://www.alducks.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=forum=33&t=21382

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 04:17 AM

You tried both of these numbers?

256-589-2171 or 256-362-3205
Posted By: cahaba

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 08:20 AM

Jimmy at Sylacuaga Outdoors usually has some. I sure hope Leonard is OK.
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: cahaba

Jimmy closed down.

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 02:09 PM

You tried both of these numbers?

256-589-2171 or 256-362-3205

I've only tried the 3205 number; just tried the other one and it seems to work, though nobody answered. I'll try it again later.

Thanks Yekrut! Didn't know you were a detective in addition to being a Turkey Slayer. smile

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 02:12 PM

Originally Posted By: cahaba

I believe its closed. Looked that way when I went by there a few days ago.

Only place I've found any is the Sure Shot in Alex City, but they are last year's calls.
Posted By: doecommander

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 02:18 PM

Who needs a mouth call? Y'all weogufka boys are supposed to be able to call up turkeys with a blade of grass.

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: poorcountrypreacher
Thanks Yekrut! Didn't know you were a detective in addition to being a Turkey Slayer. smile

You greatly underestimated my usefulness around this place, that was just working off of my phone last night. smile
Posted By: BC

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/20/13 11:50 PM

I know Leonard. I got a call from a local callmaker several years ago from Munford and got invited to his shop. The guys was doing a lot of woodwork for Woodhaven at the time. About midway through my visit, Leonard came in and had a cigar box full of calls. He told me he was getting into call making so he could go on his dream hunt which was some place in Missouri. I liked his calls and have made several orders with him. I will call my friend Alan who runs around with Leonard. I will try to get a number for you.

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 01:45 AM

I told y'all yekrut would know.
You da man! thumbup

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: leroycnbucks
I told y'all yekrut would know.
You da man! thumbup

You can't tell em nothing leroy, I been trying to tell em I know everything for years. smile

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: BC
I know Leonard. I got a call from a local callmaker several years ago from Munford and got invited to his shop. The guys was doing a lot of woodwork for Woodhaven at the time. About midway through my visit, Leonard came in and had a cigar box full of calls. He told me he was getting into call making so he could go on his dream hunt which was some place in Missouri. I liked his calls and have made several orders with him. I will call my friend Alan who runs around with Leonard. I will try to get a number for you.

Thanks BC. I just tried the first number Yekrut posted. Still doesn't get an answer and the recording doesn't identify whose number it is. I left a message, so maybe he will call me back.

I'm tired of carrying a bunch of different mouth calls, and was just gonna buy a dozen from him if he would sell them that way. I can make any call with his Screaming Green or the 3 Reed Inverted Green, except a kee kee. I need a ghost cut to make it, but never use a kee kee anyway.

If he is out of business, maybe I can pay Yekrut a whole lot of money to copy it for me.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 02:23 AM

He works cheap PCP.

You probably have a package on its way already.

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 02:24 AM

If he is out of business, maybe I can pay Yekrut a whole lot of money to copy it for me.

Send me your name and addy, good description of number of reeds and cut, and I will send you some to try out.
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 03:26 AM

Send me your name and addy, good description of number of reeds and cut, and I will send you some to try out.

He will also need keys and gps coordinates of places you will be hunting just to be sure that his calls sound as they should. His customer service can't be beaten with his own stick. And don't worry about the shotgun he is toting, it is for snakes and such.

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 12:08 PM

laughup

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: AU coonhunter

He will also need keys and gps coordinates of places you will be hunting just to be sure that his calls sound as they should. His customer service can't be beaten with his own stick. And don't worry about the shotgun he is toting, it is for snakes and such.

and it looks like I will be bringing a guest smile

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 01:45 PM

Can't beat an offer like that with a stick! smile

Re: Hatchett Creek Calls - 02/21/13 03:42 PM

Mr. Carr just called me and took my order. He is still in business and doing well.

Thanks for all the help!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM