Aldeer.com

The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers

Posted By: Southwood7

The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/06/13 12:00 AM

I saw the thread re-posted from last years contest and I was wondering how many birds were killed.I put last years contest results in Excel and figured up some numbers. I did not double check everything but this is what I got. Yes, I have too much time on my hands grin

88 Hunters participating
29 No Kills
59 Killers

That is a 67% success rate

59 aldeer turkey hunters entered

139 birds (there were a lot more birds killed but you can only enter 3) If I had the numbers I would get a true total.

I would say that's a pretty deadly group thumbup

Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/06/13 12:05 AM

That is just the 3 birds in the contest, gotta figure a bunch of people killed more than that. Now get to figuring. smile
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/06/13 12:22 AM

AWW CRAAPPP!

Well...there goes my night laugh
Posted By: n2deer

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/06/13 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
That is just the 3 birds in the contest, gotta figure a bunch of people killed more than that. Now get to figuring. smile

Lol, he ain't got a idea.

I think our team of 12 on OG killed sixty four birds. All of the team are posters here.

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/06/13 02:30 AM

What you can't see are the amount of time put into the birds. Most hunters probably don't have the affliction that some of us have.

Plus you throw in another possible month of season with traveling it creates alot of possibilities.

I can guarantee I don't have a 67 percent success rate.

Interesting, I need to start a log.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 03:47 AM

yeah...I stay mad at the sumbitches.

Dr. B
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Dr. B

You've got to, they went bend you over if you give them an inch.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 03:51 AM

Originally Posted By: n2deer
What you can't see are the amount of time put into the birds. Most hunters probably don't have the affliction that some of us have.

Plus you throw in another possible month of season with traveling it creates alot of possibilities.

I can guarantee I don't have a 67 percent success rate.

Interesting, I need to start a log.

This is spot on. I have never averaged up my days but I know it isn't 67%. I go as often as I can, i just love getting after them.
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Dr. B

doc, I was wondering if there is gonna be any big talk about "season of carnage"this year? smirk
Posted By: BrentM

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 04:38 AM

I doubt there is a turkey hunter alive that is hitting 67%, unless possibly its one of those guys that lives in a state that just allows 1 or 2 birds and he watches a particular turkey out in a field for a couple weeks then puts up a tent and shoots him on opening morning.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 04:41 AM

I'm always hoping for a blood bath from March to May. I'm already getting a SD merriam trip lined up. Gotta love it when your son asks for a turkey hunt for his high school graduation gift! I hope to see a lot of blood and feathers this year! And if I don't, it damn sure won't be from lack of effort!

Dr. B
Posted By: wmd

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 05:33 AM

My son killed 3 in 9 trips last year. I killed 1 in about 15 trips. I could have thumped several jakes and upped my numbers, but chose not to shoot them. Had we known our club was being sold this year, we probably would have shot every one we saw until we reached our limit!
Posted By: foldemup

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 01:44 PM

Originally Posted By: wmd
My son killed 3 in 9 trips last year. I killed 1 in about 15 trips. I could have thumped several jakes and upped my numbers, but chose not to shoot them. Had we known our club was being sold this year, we probably would have shot every one we saw until we reached our limit!

You still have this year! wink
Posted By: BrentM

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: foldemup
Originally Posted By: wmd

You still have this year! wink

Yeah you did right bill, you'll have a bunch if 2-year olds to work on this year. You're liable to get down there and start laying them out and get stuck on four if you ain't careful.
Posted By: hawglips

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 04:34 PM

The studies I saw from SC and NC from a few years back show that about 5% of the hunters kill about 80% of the birds...
Posted By: t123winters

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 04:37 PM

I would say that it's about the same here,some people kill the fire out of em,and some kill one ever couple of years.

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/07/13 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: hawglips
The studies I saw from SC and NC from a few years back show that about 5% of the hunters kill about 80% of the birds...

I would think thats right. That 5 percent are the ones with turkey afflictions.
Posted By: North40R

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/08/13 12:53 AM

I definitely have a turkey affliction! Lol! Maybe I can be part of the 5%!

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/08/13 01:39 AM

Mayne that didnt come out right.

Im just saying more than likely those 5% are the ones that would put alot more time and effort into it.

Burn up all there vacation, go without sleep, work nights, skip meals, and hide in the bushes until dark even when there isnt anything gobbling.

Ya feel me?
Posted By: North40R

Re: The 2012 Turkey killing...by the numbers - 02/08/13 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: n2deer
Mayne that didnt come out right.

Im just saying more than likely those 5% are the ones that would put alot more time and effort into it.

Burn up all there vacation, go without sleep, work nights, skip meals, and hide in the bushes until dark even when there isnt anything gobbling.

Ya feel me?

Oh I'm definitely part of that 5%! Lol!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM