Aldeer.com

I cant believe

Posted By: n2deer

I cant believe - 05/29/10 06:14 PM

That the season ends and most have bailed already. Turkeys are still a great topic.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 06:26 PM

I will never leave. smile
Posted By: REEFD

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 07:18 PM

I'm still around!
Posted By: wbpc

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 07:32 PM

I don't post much, but maybe I need to start because I love to talk about turkey hunting! smile

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by droptine:
I don't post much, but maybe I need to start because I love to talk about turkey hunting! smile
Well lets chew the fat.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 08:36 PM

I heard 2 gobblers absolutely hammering away yesterday morning while I was fishing - I'm talking about 50 gobbles or more, and it was 7:30 before I started fishing. Saw a different bird strutting in a field on Thursday. We need to get to work to extend the season into June. Of course, gotta raise the limit too. laugh

How about a couple of bonus birds - one for May and one for June? wink

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 08:37 PM

lets get it on.

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by poorcountrypreacher:
I heard 2 gobblers absolutely hammering away yesterday morning while I was fishing - I'm talking about 50 gobbles or more, and it was 7:30 before I started fishing. Saw a different bird strutting in a field on Thursday. We need to get to work to extend the season into June. Of course, gotta raise the limit too. laugh

That would be a good bonus. I bet the hunting pressure would die down by June.

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by poorcountrypreacher:
You know some people are still killing them and never quit. It would be nice to get a 1 bird a month limit in the off season though smile

New Zealand is open right now I bet. Might be able to get us a tag for a Goulds or Oscellated this summer to pass the time.

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 10:02 PM

New Zealand
Now that would be awesome.

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by n2deer:
New Zealand
They say all you have to do is just walk up to them and shoot them, sort of like them dumb birds on your club this year laugh

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by YEKRUT:
Quote:
[b] New Zealand
They say all you have to do is just walk up to them and shoot them, sort of like them dumb birds on your club this year laugh [/b]
Sounds good to me.

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 11:14 PM

Ill take what I can get, same as you. Jakes and all right. laugh

Re: I cant believe - 05/29/10 11:16 PM

Quote:
Ill take what I can get, same as you. Jakes and all right. laugh
Thats right!
Posted By: Buck slayer

Re: I cant believe - 05/30/10 12:03 AM

Hey guys

Love to talk turkey. I when down to my farm this week.... to spray my clover. I saw one long beard and five hens.

The long bread... knew the season was out. He walk right in front of my big red and didn't even get in a hurry.

Turkeys and tracks everywhere. The land owner next to me saw a hen with 8 pretty large poults..yesterday.

I thought I would just chew the fat with you guys. I love to hunt and managed my farm for deer and turkeys.

My whitetail clover is 24 inches tall and good like a golf course. I bushhogged it two week ago
and spray in it Thursday.

I have plant a lot of summer crops for my turkeys and deer. This the best thing I have ever do for my deer. This clover is the best ever.

Take care guys and lets keep talking turkey.
Posted By: wbpc

Re: I cant believe - 05/30/10 12:49 AM

Already planning for next spring right now! I pushed a couple new plots for chufa this afternoon.

I talked to a couple buddies last weekend that heard 2 turkeys gobbling on my place while they were fishing, the funny thing about it is that I hunted in that area 3 good mornings without hearing a turkey.

Re: I cant believe - 05/30/10 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by droptine:
Already planning for next spring right now! I pushed a couple new plots for chufa this afternoon.

I talked to a couple buddies last weekend that heard 2 turkeys gobbling on my place while they were fishing, the funny thing about it is that I hunted in that area 3 good mornings without hearing a turkey.
Ha they just got started a little late.
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: I cant believe - 05/30/10 01:43 AM

I've about had enough of a break. Ready for next season.
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: I cant believe - 05/30/10 04:16 PM

If you want to go to New Zealand I can line you up. I was down there last June and it was one of my best trips ever.

Re: I cant believe - 05/30/10 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Game Hunter:
If you want to go to New Zealand I can line you up. I was down there last June and it was one of my best trips ever.
Give us some details becuase I sure wouldn't mind going sometime. How many birds can you kill and how much does it cost?

Re: I cant believe - 05/30/10 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by YEKRUT:
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Game Hunter:
[b] If you want to go to New Zealand I can line you up. I was down there last June and it was one of my best trips ever.
Give us some details becuase I sure wouldn't mind going sometime. How many birds can you kill and how much does it cost? [/b]
thumbsup
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: I cant believe - 06/01/10 03:05 PM

I wouldn't recommend going for just a turkey.

That being said, it is a wonderful hunting destination and the scenery is second to none. It is a wife friendly hunt and I would highly recommend that you take her with you.

If I were to go again, I would want to hunt tahr and chamois again. That was two of the most challenging hunts that I have been involved with. The turkeys are a piece of cake. I didn't shoot one but it wouldn't have been a problem. There probably isn't a limit of the number of birds that you could take in a weeks time. New Zealand has no game laws, limits, or seasons.

I am unsure of the cost for a trophy fee but it wouldn't be much. If you included a couple of turkeys into a tahr/chamois/red deer hunt, it could cost up to $10,000 for a 7 day trip. It just depends on what you would want to hunt. You could go for a 5 day hunt and hunt one animal for around $4500 for the two of you and add a few turkeys to that hunt.

Airfare to get there would be around $2000 or so per person.

Let me know when you want to go. wink
Posted By: BassCat

Re: I cant believe - 06/02/10 11:29 AM

I saw two hens and one in half strutt coming to work yesterday. I should have stopped and took a pic to post.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM