Aldeer.com

Sickness

Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Sickness - 11/15/12 04:15 AM

Sat on the side of the mountain this evening with my smokepole overlooking an acorn flat and all I could think about was wishing it was March.
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Sickness - 11/15/12 04:26 AM

Don't get me started, I'm about to have a fit to shoot one of them ugly suckers. I turkey hunted all over myself twice this week already.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Sickness - 11/15/12 04:28 AM

I honestly have to drag my arse around to get my stuff ready to go deer hunting and we've got several really nice deer on camera to boot. I swear if my son didn't like it so much, I would retire from deer hunting (except for the Midwest). There's just no comparison.
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Sickness - 11/15/12 04:50 AM

I love turkeys, but ive got mallards on my mind right now. Heading to arkie friday morning for the opener, just hope that we have some birds on our field.
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Sickness - 11/15/12 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: YEKRUT
I turkey hunted all over myself twice this week already.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Posted By: Basser69

Re: Sickness - 11/15/12 05:12 PM

I have gotten to where I take the kids to the club, let them deer hunt while I sit in the trailer and watch football/drink beer while they hunt. If I had a fall season, I would sell all the deer rifles and do nothing but turkey hunt
Posted By: SEMINOLES

Re: Sickness - 11/15/12 07:06 PM

I turkey hunted all over myself twice this week already.

laughup
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Sickness - 11/15/12 11:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Basser69
If I had a fall season, I would sell all the deer rifles and do nothing but turkey hunt

Better keep at least one rifle for those stubborn ones
Posted By: demp17

Re: Sickness - 11/20/12 01:43 PM

Saw a group of 10 gobblers Sunday afternoon and instinctively sat down against a tree and started scratching in the leaves.
Posted By: bshunt

Re: Sickness - 11/20/12 02:43 PM

I'm with ya.Not motivated at all about the deer.Got turkey on the brain.Come on March.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Sickness - 11/20/12 06:59 PM

I decided that I needed to quit turkey hunting one year, maybe 1985 er so. I made it to the second week of April, then fell off the wagon and killed four birds in five days......
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Sickness - 11/20/12 08:30 PM

The first step is admitting you a problem.
Posted By: Wade

Re: Sickness - 11/20/12 10:33 PM

I watched four longbeards for a while Friday morning until they saw me. I think I could have drawn on these young dummies. I know I sure wanted to, but, I would have had to have thrown myself out of the club if I had.........
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Sickness - 11/20/12 11:32 PM

Ya'll are amateurs. I have a roost limb I installed in the corner of the ceiling I like to sleep on. smile

Re: Sickness - 11/21/12 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: n2deer
The first step is admitting you a problem.

It's not me that has a problem, its the turkey that have a problem.

Re: Sickness - 11/21/12 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: 3toe
Ya'll are amateurs. I have a roost limb I installed in the corner of the ceiling I like to sleep on. smile

You know how they say a hen can be bred once and it last a whole season, well either that is BS or your hen really likes me. smile

Re: Sickness - 11/21/12 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: 3toe

You know how they say a hen can be bred once and it last a whole season, well either that is BS or your hen really likes me. smile

After taking care of business I like to fly up look down on the fine handiwork I did. grin

Re: Sickness - 11/21/12 05:37 AM

What amazes me more than anything after about 20 years of fooling with turkeys is that it seems like it takes so long to get from May 1 back around to March 15, but then once you get there it seems like just a day or two and you wake up and it's already May 1 again.
Posted By: REDMAN1

Re: Sickness - 11/21/12 02:46 PM

I tried to stay away from all turkey talk due to the lack of sleep and constant thoughts racing through my head, but I made it to the opening of deer season with decent sleep and little day dreaming. Then deer season came around and started to hear about gobblers seen under or near deer hunter or listening to them fly down while sitting in their stands. The dreams have returned and thats all I can think about now.

Re: Sickness - 11/21/12 02:54 PM

This morning was the second time this week I had planned to get up and go try to kill a pine goat. Alarm went off, walked in and woke my son up, he said "ehh, doesn't matter if we go". I said "yep, lets sleep more" and went back to bed.

I can't get motivated this year. If someone would just give me the straps off two does I would put the rifles up this year. But I do love some venison t'loin. Maybe I can get a fire lit before the weekend is out.

Re: Sickness - 11/21/12 03:34 PM

I am taking one of the boys this friday but I am sure I will not deer hunt. I will sit at camp and listen for a gobble or 2.

3Toe, find us somewhere in the Nat. forest to hunt. Camp with heat is close.....
Posted By: demp17

Re: Sickness - 11/21/12 08:44 PM

Originally Posted By: BrentM
What amazes me more than anything after about 20 years of fooling with turkeys is that it seems like it takes so long to get from May 1 back around to March 15, but then once you get there it seems like just a day or two and you wake up and it's already May 1 again.

This is why I hunt in Tennessee as well! I get a full 2 months every year.
Posted By: turkeyaddict

Re: Sickness - 11/23/12 03:51 AM

my daddy got me addicted to turkey hunting in 1961 and I ain't found a cure yet! If you do, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF..

I just joined another club and the deer hunting is not that good, but I see turkeys everytime I go so I am just awaiting 3-15, ALWAYS ready for 3-15...
Posted By: IDOT

Re: Sickness - 12/01/12 01:59 AM

I may try it this season. It can't be as addicting as you goobers are letting on. grin

Re: Sickness - 12/01/12 02:29 AM

Don't start it. Worse than heroine and a hell of a lot more adictive but man it's fun!
Posted By: Stob

Re: Sickness - 12/01/12 02:39 AM

Doesnt hit me until after deer season usually.
Of course, I will have a few days to get my son on a fall gobbler in Talladega from Dec.29th-Jan 1st. Would LOVE to see my son roll one with his new 20ga.

Re: Sickness - 12/01/12 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: IDOT
I may try it this season. It can't be as addicting as you goobers are letting on. grin

Jughead used to say the same thing. wink

Re: Sickness - 12/01/12 04:52 AM

Heck that little punk was still making fun of turkey hunters 24 months ago
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Sickness - 12/01/12 06:47 PM

We are not sick; we are normal. Its all those non-turkey hunters that are crazy.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Sickness - 12/02/12 04:08 PM

admitting you have an addiction is the first step towards recovery Preacher..... laugh
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Sickness - 12/02/12 04:28 PM

This ain't fair. When a now turkey hunter repents and gets on the right path, you're not supposed to bring up past sins. Pretty sure I read that in the code of ethics somewhere.
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: Sickness - 12/02/12 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BhamFred
admitting you have an addiction is the first step towards recovery Preacher..... laugh

I freely admit it but I don't want to recover. I need a fix.
Posted By: t123winters

Re: Sickness - 12/02/12 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: JUGHEAD

This ain't fair. When a now turkey hunter repents and gets on the right path, you're not supposed to bring up past sins. Pretty sure I read that in the code of ethics somewhere.

I will forgive you JUGHEAD all you have to do is take me to one of your honey holes and you will be cleansed of your past turkey hunting rants!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM