Aldeer.com

Easter Gobbler!

Posted By: North40R

Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 01:57 AM

Easter Sunday started for us with sunrise services at church then brunch and egg hunts! Then out to MsN40R's family place for lunch and more egg hunting! We finally got headed home at 4:30 this afternoon and she suggest some quiet time in the woods so we camo up and go. I've been messing with some birds on a ridge that is going to have a timber crew cutting on it this week so we went there to see if we could make it happen once more before they cut it. Got in and set up around 5:15 in the same spot RTH and I messed with a bird for 4 hrs yesterday afternoon. As soon as we sat down I heard him drumming up on top of the ridge. I yelped, he gobbled, we waited! I purred, he gobbled, we waited! We can hear him drumming but he isn't moving! At 6:00 I yelped to him again and he answered so I shut up! We waited and waited and waited! Nothing! He even walked out of hearing drumming. I tell MsN40 that we're playing his game today, that I'm not calling to him anymore! He gobbles and drums up the ridge again and I still keep quiet. At 7:00 I hear her say "There he is" and I see her shoulder her gun! The turkey has come around the bottom of the ridge and is behind me now. Oh well! I'm thinking " shoot baby, shoot " then I see him coming up the hill working back to my right! He goes out of sight behind some huckleberry bushes and I yelped about 3 notes so low I could barely hear myself. He stretchs out looking but is still in the bushes. Finally he walks a little more to the right and stretches out again and starts picking the huckleberries off the bushes and hits an opening for me. I put the red dot just below his waddles and shot and this joker never flopped!...

10 1\2" beard
1 1\8" spurs
15 lbs

Posted By: Solo

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 02:23 AM

Nice bird, Congrats!
Posted By: BREEZE1

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 02:25 AM

Congrats. Nice bird.
Posted By: MTeague

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 02:26 AM

Congrats
Posted By: NA Hunter

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 02:26 AM

Congrats!!
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 02:29 AM

Congrats again man. You have been on a roll the last week or so.

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 01:29 PM

Thanks!

Yekrut they're finally starting to gobble some on our place! Maybe it'll hold out for another week and I can finish up my limit!
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 02:51 PM

That's great! Congrats!
Posted By: RSF

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 03:11 PM

Congrats !
Posted By: gobbleman

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 03:15 PM

Very nice,congrats!!
Posted By: tim1980

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 04:23 PM

thumbup
Posted By: RTH

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 06:50 PM

Wished we would have got him the day before, but glad you finally got him before they started cutting that timber.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 06:52 PM

Awesome! Congrats!!!
Posted By: specialk

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/09/12 08:33 PM

Congrats!
Posted By: heathco9

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/10/12 02:44 PM

looks like the lessons that clark county gave you may have worked.
Posted By: gobblnfever

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/10/12 09:22 PM

thumbup

Re: Easter Gobbler! - 04/10/12 10:44 PM

Originally Posted By: heathco9
looks like the lessons that clark county gave you may have worked.

Heathco I don't remember getting any Clark County lessons but if I got some good advice from anyone then I'm thankful for it!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM