Aldeer.com

Turkeys not Gobbling

Posted By: Buckwheat

Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 09:25 PM

Went this morning and again didn't hear Squat. Talked to a Friend who hunts in Bibb County. He said he went to a field edge to listen.....didn't hear a single gobble. But....watched 2 Gobblers and 5 Hens pitch down in the far end of the field. Gobblers Strutted but never said a word!! Gobblers should have fought and become Loners by now. I know they are in the area I am hunting.....2 Gobbled once each on Monday early.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 09:39 PM

They gobblin in the pines
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 09:40 PM

Fools are gobbling their selves silly in places.
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 09:44 PM

Been stacking em up like cordwood around here. Gotta find the short grass they all have hens with them they’ll still die though
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 09:51 PM

For the 38-40 years i hav hunted - there always a lull late march r april due to being henned up and many times when a gob is w a hen r hens - no need to gobble - they got what they want. Sometimes an older gob will keep gobbling to get more hen - but he likely aint coming to you

Gobble here ended quick today - never even sat down and he was not on me anyway - but hens got w him quick

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 11:03 PM

⬆️ That’s right. I like to go listen first thing to get them located, then I’ll go get what I need to get done work wise and slip in there mid morning/lunch time and work him after he’s been with his hens all morning. It’s easy to call too early and have the hens drag him away off the roost sometimes imo
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 11:17 PM

Time to slip around listening for drumming.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Went this morning and again didn't hear Squat. Talked to a Friend who hunts in Bibb County. He said he went to a field edge to listen.....didn't hear a single gobble. But....watched 2 Gobblers and 5 Hens pitch down in the far end of the field. Gobblers Strutted but never said a word!! Gobblers should have fought and become Loners by now. I know they are in the area I am hunting.....2 Gobbled once each on Monday early.

I would think a seasoned vet such as yourself could make em gobble anytime

Easy young grasshopper……

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/05/24 11:41 PM

^^
BC Reb - thats very accurate. Hens are way more aggressive than people think and they usually the silent killer - u start stationary calling - they go in and drag away - seen it many times when i hav gotten n tight - able to watch it

Most like calling - calling while he still n the tree - many more times than not is a bad thing and the great majority of hunting population does not know that. Bit if u got lot of birds - it may not matter - may find one that wants to play
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by sj22

Easy young grasshopper……

FOCK YOU AZZHOLE Bitch!!
Posted By: BC

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 12:08 AM

Lol……… officially triggered.

popcorn
Posted By: sj22

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 12:10 AM

Easy young grasshopper……

FOCK YOU AZZHOLE Bitch!!

Awwwww

Easy young grasshopper
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 12:46 AM

rofl
Posted By: lectrode

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 12:50 AM

Well that escalated quickly !!!
Posted By: oldbowhunter

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 12:58 AM

Went last week one morning. Heard zero saw zero. Hunted hard

2 days later heard 12 on the same place

They are turkeys. They don’t make sense to us
Posted By: CNC

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 12:59 AM

popcorn
Posted By: kyles

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 02:20 AM

I been working for duck hunters everyday this week. I been out of pocket but I remember being called young grasshopper one time
Posted By: Pwyse

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 02:27 AM

They gobbled good at the SOA I was on this morning. A lot. But one pitched down early and landed right beside me while I was set up on another bird. I hadn't called yet but for some reason he pitched down right beside me and never gobbled. Landed about 20 feet from me and scared the bejesus out of me. He saw me and putted off.

Sometimes they gobble, sometimes they don't.

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 02:31 AM

If he landed there and you had been calling - he was expecting to see a hen

That other escalated quickly 😀
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 04:35 AM

How fun it would be to have a huge tract of land with about 100 turkeys on it. Say about 20 gobblers and 80 hens in the middle and keep the poechers out. Just hear those gobblers act up all during the spring. The old gobble get's too many birds killed too early.

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 06:09 AM

Sometimes you kill that one bird that’s been running the woods, then the next morning there are 5 more around there feeling froggy. Like Ridge said drumming gets them killed just as good as gobbling. I’ve had groups of jakes shut the woods down. You just have to hunt like you know there’s a bird there to play with sometimes. This is all turkey philosophy, subject to change always. I do know that SJ is a turkey murderer

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 06:21 AM

Letting those hens drag him away can be a good thing sometimes. Tick those hens off real good where they’re taking him hard away from you, then circle around and rain on their parade
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 09:56 AM

Easy young grasshopper……

FOCK YOU AZZHOLE Bitch!!

Awwwww

Easy young grasshopper

Lol

[Linked Image]

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 01:40 PM

^^^
😀

And I lov the circle move BC - most times i cant due to property lines
Posted By: DeerNutz0U812_

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 02:55 PM

Easy young grasshopper……

FOCK YOU AZZHOLE Bitch!!
Sonofa.... shocked......
Posted By: crocker

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 05:57 PM

Really bad on my place this morning. On birds but no gobbles
Posted By: Ol’Tom

Re: Turkeys not Gobbling - 04/06/24 06:21 PM

They’ve gobbled every day that I’ve hunted this year, four properties in three counties.🙏🏻
© 2024 ALDEER.COM