Aldeer.com

I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲

Posted By: CarbonClimber1

I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/05/24 02:06 PM

We need more pines…managed pines…i have been to plenty of places that had turkeys..and hardwood…but i always see more in planted pines that are managed well and burned. More pines is better…lots an lots of pines..just burn..on rotation…an you will have turkeys…i see no reason why you couldnt have a turkey population explosion if you just had a whole bunch of well managed pine plantation at various stages..you dont need much else…drip torch an an occasional thin…dudnt git no better to me
Posted By: Mully

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/05/24 02:34 PM

I do not disagree with this. However, it seems to me when they get to a quail cut with real thick sage that the turkeys do not like them as much as they do post 1st and 2nd thinning with a regular burn rotation.

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/05/24 02:42 PM

“Thin it twice and its real nice”… “the pine is fine” “if you burn, turkeys return” trademark..tm…property of carbonclimber1….😐🧐

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/05/24 02:46 PM

“Turkey population higher?…just lay down fire..” tm

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/05/24 02:48 PM

“You want long spurs..growem in da fur/pine” tm
Posted By: MikeP

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/05/24 03:11 PM

As much as I love big hardwood swamp bottoms Iv always seen and killed more in the pines. Sometimes the junkier the better. And I hunt about half swamp bottoms and half pines. Turkeys or not tho I can’t stand to see them big bottoms leveled

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/05/24 03:17 PM

“Swamps are fine but pines are deevine” tm
Posted By: outdoors1

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/06/24 04:51 AM

Some of the best habitat is a combination of older forest with ag or pasture. Older oak tree plantations can be burned in some years allowing better visibility from ground predators. At one time, before most of us living was born, the older folks burned a lot of woods off. This allowed turkeys more clear areas to feed and fly up to get away from ground predators. With thick vegetation in feeding areas, ground predators have the upper hand. The biggest problem is not too many folks won't allow that old gobbler to live, even if it's the last one. Some years folks need to he concentrated on predators and listen to that old gobbler, instead of shooting him. Protecting hawks can hurt turkeys when the population get's to a low in area too. Predator control and knowing when to stop hunting may he the best application to have more turkeys.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/06/24 06:28 PM

fk a pine tree.
Posted By: Buckwheat

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/06/24 07:00 PM

^ THIS!!!!
Posted By: CNC

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/07/24 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by BhamFred
fk a pine tree.

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/07/24 02:44 PM

They are the answer..you of all people onow this to be true..search you feelings🧐🌲
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/07/24 03:00 PM

Variety is the key.. haven’t killed a bird in pines in a good while..

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/07/24 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Life
Variety is the key.. haven’t killed a bird in pines in a good while..

You can have alot of variety..with pines
Posted By: RCHRR

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/08/24 02:42 AM

I’m with the other “Anti-pine” bunch. Way more scratching in hardwoods.
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: I have the answer…MORE PINE TREES 🌲 - 04/08/24 03:49 PM

Yes, they live in pine plantations too. It's just about all we have where I hunt.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM