Aldeer.com

LFTT Youth Opener

Posted By: Bustinbeards

LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 10:50 AM

Rain sure isn’t the way I wanted to kick off youth weekend

On the bright side, at least we are going get to sleep in.

We have 1500ac between 3 youths so maybe after a good breakfast the weather will clear out.

Hope to see some youngsters smash a few this weekend!

Good luck fellas
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 10:51 AM

Luck fellas
Posted By: Jdkprp70

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 10:53 AM

Me and my brother in law, have his boy down at the club. Just maybe we he can get his first bird. Good luck, to all.
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 11:41 AM

Get em guys. My experience…..Wet birds will hit the fields in the sun.
Posted By: rja

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 11:49 AM

Got my 9yr old daughter beside me this AM. Good luck to the young hunters
Posted By: mikewhandley

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 11:55 AM

Good luck everyone. I have my 6 year old grandson at my side. 1st turkey hunt experience for him.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 11:56 AM

In a blind with my buddy and his kid. Hope this wet morning makes them come to the pasture
Posted By: 202P&Y

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 12:08 PM

Good luck fellas! Quiet here so far for my daughter and myself
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 01:40 PM

🤠
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 02:47 PM

Mr Tom down. Pics later
Posted By: TDog93

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 02:58 PM

Congrats JD

We too old to hunt - we went to listen - wind and wet - heard a hen. Maybe he around opening week
Posted By: BC_Reb

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 03:30 PM

Had a great hunt this morning with my nephew. Called in 3 and they were trying their best to blow his hat off once they got fired up. Had him flopping by 7. 1 1/4 spurs and a little over 20lbs, fine bird. Do you post pics the same way as videos? He’s one happy youngin

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 03:46 PM

[Linked Image][Linked Image] We didn’t hear a bird gobble at all this morning. We went and set up on a big field and just did some blind calling. I was hoping some turkeys would come in the field to hang out since it was so windy. We were there about 30 minutes and I saw that white head coming up through the woods. We quickly got in position and got ready. He put on a show once he got out in the open. He would strut so hard his little getaway sticks would come off the ground and he would just about blow over from the wind. I sat quiet for a while and watched. The only time he gobbled was about 40 yards out and my boy just about fell apart. I got him to come out of strut about 35 yards out and had my boy shoot. I was scared if he didn’t hurry up and shoot we were gonna get busted from shaking so bad. A morning that I thought was gonna suck turned out pretty good. Good luck to everyone else
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 04:20 PM

No luck for us. Had a lone gobbler come in quiet from behind us and didn’t see him till he was 30yds to our right. He got nervous and left in a hurry while they were trying to get him lined up
Posted By: sj22

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by johndeere5036
[Linked Image][Linked Image] We didn’t hear a bird gobble at all this morning. We went and set up on a big field and just did some blind calling. I was hoping some turkeys would come in the field to hang out since it was so windy. We were there about 30 minutes and I saw that white head coming up through the woods. We quickly got in position and got ready. He put on a show once he got out in the open. He would strut so hard his little getaway sticks would come off the ground and he would just about blow over from the wind. I sat quiet for a while and watched. The only time he gobbled was about 40 yards out and my boy just about fell apart. I got him to come out of strut about 35 yards out and had my boy shoot. I was scared if he didn’t hurry up and shoot we were gonna get busted from shaking so bad. A morning that I thought was gonna suck turned out pretty good. Good luck to everyone else

Congrats! Great pics!
Posted By: Paint Rock 00

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 05:07 PM

Congratulations guys
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 06:00 PM

thumbup thumbup
Posted By: kkfish

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Paint Rock 00
Congratulations guys
Posted By: fillmore

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by sj22

Congrats! Great pics!

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 07:56 PM

Congrats guys. We had a heck of a day not to kill a bird!
Posted By: globe

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/23/24 11:41 PM

I sure miss youth days….
Congrats!!!
Posted By: Bmyers142

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/24/24 12:58 AM

John deer Congrats to the young man. Great picture. Great smile

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/24/24 02:36 AM

To put the icing on the cake for an awesome day one of my big shooter bucks that my son missed youth weekend and we saw three more times and could never make it happen we found one of his sheds today. I’m gonna go back and look for the other side next week. My boy was pumped. He wants me to build a plaque to hand it on in his room to make it look like it was when we found it

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/24/24 02:46 AM

To put the icing on the cake for an awesome day one of my big shooter bucks that my son missed youth weekend and we saw three more times and could never make it happen we found one of his sheds today. I’m gonna go back and look for the other side next week. My boy was pumped. He wants me to build a plaque to hand it on in his room to make it look like it was when we found it

If you find the other side, I’ll send you a plastic skull kit if I can find them…

Re: LFTT Youth Opener - 03/24/24 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Ridge Life

If you find the other side, I’ll send you a plastic skull kit if I can find them…

Sweet thank you
© 2024 ALDEER.COM