Posted By: cchoque93

LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 09:31 AM

Cool this AM. Headed to where 2 were one afternoon a few days ago with a buddy
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 10:14 AM

Here. Feels like deer season.
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 10:27 AM

Good luck fellas. I’m headed to sunrise service.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 10:37 AM

Good luck

Trying for a quick hunt before church
Posted By: Khitzeman

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 10:48 AM

Present in Macon cty
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 10:56 AM

This wind sucks.
Posted By: aummoose

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 11:09 AM

Trying public for first time. Probably shoulda pinned promising looking spots. Winds turble. Good luck everyone. Happy Easter!
Posted By: just_an_illusion

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 11:18 AM

Present. Absolutely beautiful morning. Praise God
Posted By: dBmV

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 12:16 PM

He gone🦃

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 12:21 PM

Congrats dbMv

Not a peep n clarke - windy as heck

Goad i could go - Happy Easter guys
Posted By: Doeslayer44

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 12:26 PM

Not a peep in Perry county this morning. Got my buddy with me today. I’ve called a bird in for him the last 3 years hopefully we can keep the streak going. Maybe it will get better as the day goes by. Good luck fellas
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 12:38 PM

Good luck gents. My mil ruined my pre-church hunt plans. Happy Easter. He is risen (but hopefully that gobbler is down for the count!)
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 12:48 PM

Nothing happening in this part of chilton
Posted By: geeb1

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 12:56 PM

Heard one close, flew down and got with hens. Dusted a yote, 8 yards with tss

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 01:05 PM

I've heard one gobble a couple times off in the hollar earlier but been quite since.

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 01:20 PM

Just killed my first turkey at 20 yards.

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 01:36 PM

Last Sunday when I walked in to where I wanted to set up to listen, I had 2 start up in the bottom that I had just walked passed. I ended up getting on one in front of me and never heard from the ones behind me after flydown. This morning I figured I'd stop short and see if they were roosted there again. Sure enough they were roosting about 100 yards from where I had stopped. They flew down away from me and split up and went different ways down the bottom. I moved to get just over the crest of the hill and between them. When I got set up I gave them a medium couple of yelps and they both answered from different directions so I knew I was in business. I have them about 10 minutes of silence and was going to give them a few low purs and realized I left my slate on the ground at my last set up so I yelped real low and they both gobbled right in front of me just over the hill. 30 seconds later the first one topped the crest and I let loose at the first shot he gave me. Never even flipped. Happy Easter
. [Linked Image]
Posted By: dsmc

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 01:41 PM

Congrats on the limb hanger!

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 01:48 PM

Finally on the board
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 01:49 PM

Folks packed in like a dozen eggs this morning on public. Congrats on the kills
Posted By: k bush

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey_neck
This wind sucks.

X2. Went to the spot I killed one last week and heard one gobble 1x. At least I have a plan for next week
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 02:13 PM

Congrats to the killers. I got on one he flew down with hens I’ll try him at a later date
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 02:24 PM

Got up but just couldn’t go. Today is neither mine nor the turkeys day. Good luck
Posted By: Ol’Tom

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 02:36 PM

Couldn’t get them to corporate today
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 03:03 PM

Just dealt with the most sound perception impaired turkey I’ve ever seen. He had me dead to rights, he was on top of the ridge and I was working my up up to him when I got pinned down. I had no choice but to engage. He ate it up too. Went back and forth gobbling for a long time. Granted, I was in a crappy spot, had big rocks all around me, but he should’ve been able to find a path to me. I could not move, advance or retreat, due to the vegetation and him having the high ground. This isn't a big ridge by any means, it comes up to a high point quickly, but relativity low elevation. I didn’t figure he would give up the high ground, but behold, he came off finally and got even on the same bench as me. The entire time, I’m spinning around the tree like crazy. He’s within shotgun range, but I cannot see him. He finally gobbles under me about 100 yards. Now he’s shut up because I imagine he’s in the field. He walked right past me within gun range and I could not see him, nor would he turn left and come 20 yards closer. Dangedest thing I’ve seen in a while.

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 04:05 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
First turkey I've ever killed. I heard him gobble a couple times off in the hollar this morning but he went silent. About an hour later two toms popped out at 30 yards. This was the lead bird and the LongbeardXR #5s smacked him at 20 yards.
11-3/8" beard
1-1/8" & 1-1/16" spurs
15.5 pounds
Posted By: k bush

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 04:21 PM

Heckuva good start. Congratulations
Posted By: West Ridge

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 05:54 PM

Got him. Had not heard a thing. About 8:00, I do a few yelps and a hen comes in fast. She gets to about 15 yards and is looking around for the hen she heard I guess. Then out of the tall bushes, he comes strutting. I feel like I can reach out and pet this hen so I know she is about to bust me. He gets to about 50 yards and I say a prayer to the TSS gods and let fly. Dead bird.
21 lb
11" beard
1-1/8 spurs

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by NFHunter
Finally on the board

Tale of the tape
18.0 lbs
10.5" beard
Rt spur 1 1/8"
Left spur 1 1/4"

Too old to know how to post pic

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 08:38 PM

Congrats illusion. That's a great bird for a first.
Congrats to all the killers and those that were in the game. I've got one bird left so I'm breaking out the pop gun for the rest of the season. Never killed one with it so hoping for the best.
Posted By: General

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 09:30 PM

Congrats to the killers especially the first timers!

Re: LFTW- Easter Sunday - 04/09/23 11:45 PM

Heck yea - congrats killers

Some limb hangers
© 2024 ALDEER.COM