Aldeer.com

Idea for a neat gadget

Posted By: Raven

Idea for a neat gadget - 03/28/23 11:45 PM

Got a idea for something and want to see if you would think it would work. I have heard of a quail call to get the quail to come back to the box at night. What about a Electronic turkey call that goes off at Daylight and every 30-60 minutes during daylight hours. I would only use before season to help them find scratch and feed that i put out to keep them in the area. It seems when i put scratch out it takes them about a week to find it but if i had a caller in the area it might get them there sooner. They would never get spoked because no one is there. Just a thought.
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Idea for a neat gadget - 03/29/23 12:33 AM

One year I did a lot of calling and video taping before season
You can try it

Won't do that again. They ignored my calling . I had to change how I called and change my calls .
Posted By: Raven

Re: Idea for a neat gadget - 03/29/23 12:37 AM

Just wondering if it would keep turkeys in the area.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Idea for a neat gadget - 03/29/23 12:55 AM

I don’t know but I have place’s before where there was zero turkeys and I’ve walked around calling and in a couple day’s turkeys showed up there. Is it coincidence maybe
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Idea for a neat gadget - 03/29/23 01:02 AM

Baiting quail and turkey allow predators to catch them easier, especially young birds.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Idea for a neat gadget - 03/29/23 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by Squadron77
Baiting quail and turkey allow predators to catch them easier, especially young birds.

Put a camera on it and prove him right. Coyotes don’t come in to a turkey call looking for scratch. I get it, it helps keep them where you can observe them. But if you ain’t gonna hunt over it….
© 2024 ALDEER.COM