Aldeer.com

SOA Hunts

Posted By: TCG5

SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 08:36 PM

I was drawn for Cedar Creek 4/7 and my buddy was drawn for Portland Landing 4/1.
Posted By: woodleyrd

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 09:08 PM

got Cedar Creek 4/1 hunt.
Posted By: jwp0020

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 09:13 PM

Alternate for Cedar Creek (4/21 and 4/28), Uchee Creek (4/1), Upper State (4/7) and Portland Landing (4/21)
Posted By: sw1002

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 09:31 PM

I got alternate at Portland on 4/7 and buddy got thigpen hill on 4/21. Has anyone turkey hunted Thigpen?
Posted By: CatHeadBiscuit

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 09:58 PM

4/21 Uchee hunter
A couple of other alternates.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 10:08 PM

I got Uchee Creek 4/28
My dad got Little River 4/21
And my wife got Stimpson 4/1
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1

I got Uchee Creek 4/28

Your daughter didn't get drawn?
Posted By: BD

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 10:19 PM

I got Portland Landing on 4/28 or 5/5
Posted By: Rolloverdave

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 11:04 PM

I got hunter 4/1 at little river got alt for a few places. Not sure I can make the little river hunt because believe I’ll be in Texas for rio’s
Posted By: jono23

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 11:08 PM

I got Stimpson 4/21, and alternate for Uchee 4/14. Probably just going with the sure shot, but I don't know too much about either one or turkey hunting at all for that matter.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by woodleyrd
got Cedar Creek 4/1 hunt.

I got alternate same weekend.
Posted By: GobbleGrunt

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/13/22 11:46 PM

I got Upper State (Clarke County) 4/7 and alternate for several others.
Posted By: BrandonClark

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 12:58 AM

I got Fred Simpson on 4/21. Someone told me I shouldn’t accept in hopes of getting a better area next year. Any advice?
Posted By: chevydude2015

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 01:00 AM

Not selected. How many years did y'all enter before you got selected?
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 01:21 AM

I got a 5/5 draw on Thigpen. Need some info on it.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by jono23
I got Stimpson 4/21, and alternate for Uchee 4/14. Probably just going with the sure shot, but I don't know too much about either one or turkey hunting at all for that matter.

I should be home from work, and if I’m not out of state and you go by yourself I would be open to going with you to call for you.
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 12:08 PM

Wife drew Uchee creek 4/1

Fired up.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by sw1002
I got alternate at Portland on 4/7 and buddy got thigpen hill on 4/21. Has anyone turkey hunted Thigpen?

I have. I swear its not worth it. Me and my dad hunted very hard every day of my hunt last year the 3/31-4/2. Never heard a turkey gobble.

Admittedly I did miss one that came in silent but it was a very uneventful hunt up until then.

Two weeks later, however, I saw where two guys both shot one on the same units I hunted. So who knows.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 12:11 PM

I got Uchee Creek 4/28

They were on fire that weekend at stimpson two years ago. Thats the same weekend I called up 3 for my dad. Can't remember what unit we were on though.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jstocks

I should be home from work, and if I’m not out of state and you go by yourself I would be open to going with you to call for you.

I'll let you know. I have a buddy that is interested in going that turkey hunts. If he can't, you got first dibs.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 03:02 PM

I forgot to register I reckon
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
I forgot to register I reckon

Makes two of us
Posted By: GobbleGrunt

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 03:21 PM

I had a guy tell me there were only two turkeys killed on the Upper State and Stimpson hunts the entire time last season. Any one know if he is right?
Posted By: jeelders

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 03:27 PM

Hunted Uchee 2 years ago. Great hunt lots of birds if anyone needs info there. I drew Thigpen 4/7 this year. Anyone hunted it in the past?
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 05:02 PM

Drive through Little River State Forest everyday. Interesting to us around here that some of it has been opened up to SOA. I used to bow shoot tournaments when I was little there and all through South Alabama. This was years ago. I remember a few years back when they raffled some bow hunts in the state park during mid-late January. I always wanted to deer or turkey hunt the place.

The management of that park has changed so much over the years.
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 05:08 PM

And based off the map, Little River SOA is not Monroe, it is really Escambia County.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 07:03 PM

I got Uchee Creek 4/28

And the rich keep getting richer. Congrats man!

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by NFHunter

I heard some birds on the north end when I had my deer hunt last year. I thought the place looked awesome for turkeys.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/14/22 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc

I got Uchee Creek 4/28

And the rich keep getting richer. Congrats man!

I turned mine and my wife’s hunts down. She’ll be about 7 months pregnant by then and won’t want to walk through the woods lol. Gonna keep stacking those points up to try and get back to Portland.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/15/22 12:22 AM

^^^^^^wish the “mom to be” had been able to turn down cedar creek that weekend. 😂😂

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/15/22 01:35 AM

If you are an alternate for a turkey hunt, is the only chance you have to be upgraded to hunter in the next 72 hours if someone declines hunt or do they have the option to decline up until the date of the hunt?

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/15/22 03:10 AM

If you are an alternate for a turkey hunt, is the only chance you have to be upgraded to hunter in the next 72 hours if someone declines hunt or do they have the option to decline up until the date of the hunt?

I’m not sure about how soon the hunter has to accept. However, I’m pretty sure they have to give 7 days notice if they cannot go. If they don’t show up for the hunt without notice, they forfeit the opportunity to register for any hunts for at least a year, maybe 2.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/15/22 03:32 AM

Once drawn you’ve got 72 hours to accept or decline. There is definitely a chance you could get upgraded right off the bat. However you can always get upgraded on down the line. My dad had an alternate for a deer hunt on Stimpson this coming weekend and just got upgraded to hunter a week or so ago.
Posted By: deerhunt1988

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/15/22 03:41 AM

Got drawn for first hunt at Little River but out of state trip booked during that time made me turn it back in.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/15/22 03:59 AM

Once drawn you’ve got 72 hours to accept or decline. There is definitely a chance you could get upgraded right off the bat. However you can always get upgraded on down the line. My dad had an alternate for a deer hunt on Stimpson this coming weekend and just got upgraded to hunter a week or so ago.

You can trust what this guy says. I think he runs the SOAs. I know he at least has his hands in the selection process grin

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/15/22 04:02 AM

You can trust what this guy says. I think he runs the SOAs. I know he at least has his hands in the selection process grin

Shhhhhhh wink

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/15/22 04:05 AM

Thanks for the info fellas
Posted By: SharpSpur

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/19/22 06:38 PM

I got an alternate initially for F.T. Stimpson on 4/7, I accepted it. Today I got an email that I have been upgraded to hunter. Do y'all know if I have to do anything else now or just wait on the instructions for assignments?
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/20/22 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Originally Posted by NFHunter

I heard some birds on the north end when I had my deer hunt last year. I thought the place looked awesome for turkeys.

I hope they're gobbling in May. They hunt the place every weekend, so I hope there's one left to gobnle. Thanks for the info.

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/20/22 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by SharpSpur
I got an alternate initially for F.T. Stimpson on 4/7, I accepted it. Today I got an email that I have been upgraded to hunter. Do y'all know if I have to do anything else now or just wait on the instructions for assignments?

just wait for the unit assignments. Usually arrives a several weeks prior to the hunt is my recollection. I hope I get upgraded. I ain't holding my breath though.
Posted By: woodleyrd

Re: SOA Hunts - 12/28/22 08:12 PM

has anybody got their unit assignments yet?
© 2024 ALDEER.COM