Aldeer.com

Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call

Posted By: YEKRUT

Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/15/12 06:21 PM

I picked one up for $20 at the show last weekend. Very easy to use.

Posted By: doecommander

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/15/12 06:50 PM

Sounds as good as the haint for about 30 bucks less.
Posted By: North40R

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/15/12 07:42 PM

Sounds good! I guess I'll have to buy on of those also! Lol!
Posted By: LUMPY

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/15/12 07:45 PM

I was in need of a gobble call and a box call so i went with the "gobble box" from Lynch...Pretty happy with it....of course it doesn't sound near as good when i do it as it did when the guy in the booth did it...HAHA
Posted By: gobbler

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 02:18 AM

I guess I have never heard the call the jake makes "honoring" the gobbler. Been around turkeys near 30 years. Go figure.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 02:25 AM

I saw them doing that at the gobbling contest on youtube.

I have never heard that either. Sounds like them funny noises a crow makes sometimes.

Now, wheres your video?

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 02:31 AM

I have heard jakes do that on several occasions but I always thought it was a yelp. They usually do it when they have a gobbler running them around a flock or a group of jakes are harrasing a gob. Some of the primos vids have jakes doing it to the best I remember.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 02:38 AM

Its possible I just haven't noticed it. Or thought it to be that little half yelp crap they do.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 02:40 AM

I've heard that but I don't think it's really honoring a gobble. I think it's a jake that has no idea how to gobble trying to imitate the gobbling bird he's running with.

that call didn't sound so good to me. I think I'd rather just shake a box call. Wish I could gobble good with my mouth but it never comes out right.
Posted By: Hunting-231

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 03:13 AM

I can do a pretty good gobble about 75% of the time with a diaphragm - the other 25%, sound pretty BAD. Maybe pretty BAD doesn't quite do it justice - perhaps suck terribly with a horrific squeal sound that could cause temporary paralysis is more accurate.

If I can find one of those calls - I'll give it a try this season.
Posted By: gobbler

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: n2deer
Now, wheres your video?

I don't make videos to sell stuff to suckers (and yes I have bought "stuff" as a sucker too - the dog whistle was my worst) grin I do make them to promote habitat management for responsible managers though shocked

Quote:
I've heard that but I don't think it's really honoring a gobble. I think it's a jake that has no idea how to gobble trying to imitate the gobbling bird he's running with.

Ding, Ding, Ding. A Jake ain't going to "honor" a gobbler. Hell my dog hardly "honors" another dogs point and he was trained to do it grin

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 04:10 AM

Ahh the dog whistle. I still have mine. I guess I should start a new thread for this but has anybody ever actually made a turkey gobble with the MAD dead silence whistle?

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 04:12 AM

What's is looks like?

I never seen one of those. Heard it referenced many times.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 04:16 AM

It's a little bronze looking whistle tube shaped and about 2 inches long if I remember right. You can blow in it til you're out of breath and it never makes a sound. Supposedly makes a whistle at a frequency animals can hear and makes turkeys gobble. I still haven't made one gobble at it yet. If I can find mine I'm gonna get it around some tame turkeys and see if they can even hear it when I blow it.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 04:19 AM

I'm telling you guys, market some "Hen in Heat" and make a million dollars off all the suckers out there.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 04:29 AM

I'm suprised if that hasn't been attempted.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 04:31 AM

It has.........Tinks used to make it I think. Stayed on the market for a couple of years if I remember right.
Posted By: cahaba

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 08:56 AM

It don't sound as good as the Haint to my ears. Honor the gobbler HaHaHa.
Posted By: HToothgamecalls

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 02/16/12 04:50 PM

Sounds pretty good to me and easier on the pocket.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 05:11 PM

Getting better, not much though. You can tell I am blowing it near a metal building smile

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/BPS10/?action=view&current=VIDEO0031.mp4
Posted By: Turkey Petter

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 06:14 PM

........Just be very careful. I am fairly sure I heard Preston Pittman say at a banquet about 15 years ago that he had been shot twice and both times he was gobbling.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 07:13 PM

Yep. He has been. I might not ever use it, but if I need it I will have it.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 07:19 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think a beginner on a gobble call could pass for a young jake? You know those short choppy gobbles? Which would be a good thing in my opinion. To me Yekrut's gobble sounds kind of like a young jake and might be just what breaks a big boy out of strut to come on in.

Use it B, sounds good enough to me.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 07:47 PM

I can do better...I haven't messed with it much. It is easy to use though.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 07:49 PM

That's my point. Not sure I would try to do much better if you mean sound more like a mature turkey. I would leave it choppy like you have it now. Like a loudmouth teenager sneaking in on the boss's old lady.

Maybe I am misunderstanding. Hell, you don't me telling you anything that's for sure. smile

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 07:53 PM

Lol. I thought I sounded pretty good until I recorded it. smile

I do the same thing with mouth calls every so often to see what it sounds like too. I've got a long ways to go. smile

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 10:41 PM

Yekrut you might need to back away from the camera a little. I think it sounds good for what it would be used for.

I think those high notes create a little rattle when close to speakers.
Posted By: rrhunter

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 10:53 PM

Bought one from rogers sporting goods last week for $14.99 sounds pretty good a easy to use.can't wait to see if it really works. A note on ordering from rogers, I got my package of three boxes of 10 gauge turkey load and a hale fire. When ups guy delivered I noticed it was not packaged very well,sloppy tape job and handmade looking cardboard box.he handed me box and I instantly felt shells rolling around. I opened package to find one box opened and 4 shells missing.I think the escaped through seam on end of package hence the sloppy tape job. I called rogers and they said they could either ship 4 shells or credit account. I took the credit. Just thought I would share.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/03/12 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: rrhunter
Bought one from rogers sporting goods last week for $14.99 sounds pretty good a easy to use.can't wait to see if it really works. A note on ordering from rogers, I got my package of three boxes of 10 gauge turkey load and a hale fire. When ups guy delivered I noticed it was not packaged very well,sloppy tape job and handmade looking cardboard box.he handed me box and I instantly felt shells rolling around. I opened package to find one box opened and 4 shells missing.I think the escaped through seam on end of package hence the sloppy tape job. I called rogers and they said they could either ship 4 shells or credit account. I took the credit. Just thought I would share.

That's the second account of I heard that happen.
Nitros or any buffered load should not be handled that way. Its on the fast track to being buffer free which will effect the shells performance.

Was there any loose buffer in the package?
Posted By: rrhunter

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/04/12 12:00 AM

Not that i could find.although they took care of it i don't think I'll be using them. Again

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/04/12 12:01 AM

I don't blame you. I would have been upset also.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/04/12 12:17 AM

Originally Posted By: n2deer
Yekrut you might need to back away from the camera a little. I think it sounds good for what it would be used for.

I think those high notes create a little rattle when close to speakers.

I agree with that and the phone does a chity job recording audio too. I have not had another real turkey hunter around to listen to it at a distance yet. I wished I could listen to myself from 100+ yards away, that would be the test.

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/04/12 01:38 AM

Perhaps I meant microphone not speakers
Posted By: Dixiepatriot

Re: Knight and Hale - Hale Fire Gobble Call - 03/04/12 03:08 AM

There's a sound I make to honor a gobbler.

BOOM!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM