Aldeer.com

Favorite pot call?

Posted By: AU coonhunter

Favorite pot call? - 05/23/22 07:45 PM

Who is your favorite pot call maker and playing surface?
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/23/22 07:52 PM

I don’t use them much Matt, but my favorite is Stoney’s glass. That thing is LOUD lol
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/23/22 08:05 PM

Cody. Drop dead woodsman and the spec 1 legend. Both green slate.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/23/22 08:07 PM

Had this one a few years now and it’s my go to

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Semo

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/23/22 08:29 PM

Old primos power crystal.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/23/22 09:54 PM

I got 3 Lonnie Snead slate calls coming - I hear they pretty special - but ain’t run them yet
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/23/22 10:26 PM

Fatal Attraxxion glass

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/23/22 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by TDog93
I got 3 Lonnie Snead slate calls coming - I hear they pretty special - but ain’t run them yet

They are, I promise. You’ll love them
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 12:03 AM

I have one aluminum one i like best
Posted By: hootn

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 01:46 AM

I've hunt with a heart of dixie field grade slate over glass, been using it for close to 25 years or longer. Slate is my preferred surface. It stays tied to my vest. I do carry couple of other surfaces but once I use one of them, to change up I end up not liking the sound.
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by TurkeyJoe
I don’t use them much Matt, but my favorite is Stoney’s glass. That thing is LOUD lol

I have one of Stoney’s glass calls, it has been in my vest a long time and has the kill marks on it to prove it. I guess I am just depressed that season is over and I need some new calls to get me by. That is a good looking call from obsession.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 02:28 AM

Of the readily available calls, I'd start out with a David Halloran Twisted Sister. There are a lot of not so readily available calls that are outstanding. Platz, Corder, Roberts, Daybreak, Trice, Strawser, Schaeffer, Dawkins, Cornelius, Townsend, and the list goes on. I've got calls by all of them, and the pot I go to is a Lon Trice stoned aluminum in an acrylic pot
Posted By: hyco

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 02:30 AM

Got an aluminum Old Crow call that can crank and a Old Crow smoked glass/titanium that I like a lot. Then there’s Stony’s Fatal Attraction glass call that I’ve had for years always makes the trip
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
Of the readily available calls, I'd start out with a David Halloran Twisted Sister. There are a lot of not so readily available calls that are outstanding. Platz, Corder, Roberts, Daybreak, Trice, Strawser, Schaeffer, Dawkins, Cornelius, Townsend, and the list goes on. I've got calls by all of them, and the pot I go to is a Lon Trice stoned aluminum in an acrylic pot

Wow. Other than the Halloran call, I literally have never heard of any of those. I’m so far out of the turkey call loop…

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc

Wow. Other than the Halloran call, I literally have never heard of any of those. I’m so far out of the turkey call loop…

Good luck finding several on that list.
Posted By: remlap

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 11:00 AM

I really like houndstooth Dixie hen crystal , also have his walnut slate, I ordered one of his titanium limited run calls and that thing sounds awesome. Havent got to take it to woods yet but that thing is sweet.

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Hevishot13
Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc

Good luck finding several on that list.

They can be found, just gotta look.
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 12:43 PM

A small turtle shell with a piece of rock roofing slate with a piece of corn cob with a burnt striker.

If you want a professional one, go with the Lynch Jet slate call.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 01:04 PM

David Leonard slate
Southland crystal
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 01:08 PM

Rocky top copper
Posted By: Ruger7mag

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 01:39 PM

Halloran crystal mistress and Hanks paduak aluminum are my go-tos.
Posted By: Big Rack

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/24/22 02:29 PM

Im partial to ours. With either a Ceramic or Blasted Aluminum playing surface.
Heres a Blasted Aluminum in the woods.

https://youtu.be/wHZasWvYoRg
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/27/22 08:52 PM

Cole my go to pot is also Lon's stoned aluminum in an acrylic pot. It has been the death of many turkey. I got on his list a month ago for another call he's building.
Posted By: 3bailey3

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/28/22 12:43 AM

Some of my Lonzo's pots.
[Linked Image]

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/28/22 12:46 AM

Tony Reynolds makes some good ones!
[Linked Image]

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/28/22 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by 3bailey3
Some of my Lonzo's pots.
[Linked Image]

Nice ones. What surfaces?

Mike, it's a killer pot for sure. I keep buying more, but it's the one I always go to

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/28/22 12:50 AM

Glass, slate and aluminum!

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/28/22 12:52 AM

And some killer Bill Lyman's.
[Linked Image]

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/28/22 09:43 PM

Just ordered some Lon Trice calls - never used him

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/29/22 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by TDog93
Just ordered some Lon Trice calls - never used him

With all those calls you been ordering lately, you can’t hide that money! 😁😂

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/29/22 02:34 AM

Tdog what you get? Lonzo makes a great caller..

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/29/22 03:03 AM

You boys sure have some pretty calls.

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/29/22 03:46 AM

3baikey3 - he mentioned the green slate as one of his best sellers and aluminum over stone - I ordered both - he seemed like a real nice guy

Funny thing Hevishot - I don’t hav hardly any turkeys - at least I will hav some good calls to use 🤣🤣
Posted By: hunterturf

Re: Favorite pot call? - 05/29/22 12:31 PM

southland yellow heart

i have a pile of slates but this one just seems to work better

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Favorite pot call? - 06/03/22 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Semo

i’ve got one brand new in the package - those are really good
i’m a walnut/slate guy - using a custom-made one now - but used a Billy White one for years

Re: Favorite pot call? - 06/03/22 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
Originally Posted by Semo

i’ve got one brand new in the package - those are really good
i’m a walnut/slate guy - using a custom-made one now - but used a Billy White one for years

I sometimes think about getting a fancy one, but Ive been using it for 2 decades and the birds dont seem to mind. I have 6 or 8 more pot calls, but I rarely ever even take them in the woods.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM