Aldeer.com

Picked up a good read today

Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Picked up a good read today - 09/18/21 07:01 PM

Went to gun show in Montgomery with Janet’s son this morning. I was halfway looking for a sweet 16 but didn’t see what I was looking for. Ended up buying a book titled “The Flaming Turkey” by Robert Hitt Neill. Looking forward to reading it.
Posted By: jacannon

Re: Picked up a good read today - 09/19/21 12:08 AM

It is good.
Posted By: T-town

Re: Picked up a good read today - 09/21/21 07:05 PM

The Flaming Turkey
Going Home
The Jakes

3 of my all time favorite books to reread every few years. All by Robert Hitt Neill

Re: Picked up a good read today - 09/21/21 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by T-town
The Flaming Turkey
Going Home
The Jakes

3 of my all time favorite books to reread every few years. All by Robert Hitt Neill

I could have bought "Going Home" but it was autographed to someone else. I may get it another time.
Posted By: Jstocks

Re: Picked up a good read today - 09/22/21 02:44 AM

One of my favorite authors.

Every young man that grew up in the South before our current generations would likely enjoy the read.
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: Picked up a good read today - 09/26/21 01:46 PM

Ever read The Old Pro Turkey Hunter by Gene Nunnery very good read ,His second book not as good I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto The Hills, I have both of these books and the dust covers on both books, first book is autographed to me.

Re: Picked up a good read today - 09/26/21 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by birdcarver
Ever read The Old Pro Turkey Hunter by Gene Nunnery very good read ,His second book not as good I Will Lift Up Mine Eyes Unto The Hills, I have both of these books and the dust covers on both books, first book is autographed to me.

Got them both and signed by him as well. Need to dig them out too.
Posted By: birdcarver

Re: Picked up a good read today - 09/27/21 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by bamaeyedoc
Originally Posted by birdcarver

Got them both and signed by him as well. Need to dig them out too.
Just out of curiosity do you have the dust covers I have every Turkey and Turkey Hunting magazine from 1st comp edition to 2019 and just quit taking them ,I'll have to dig out one of the last edition's and they had both books without dust covers for 500.00, Will find book and send you photo copy of appraisal

Re: Picked up a good read today - 09/28/21 01:39 AM

Wow. I have both with the dust covers.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM