Posted By: Hoytdad10

Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 04:13 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 04:21 PM

That’s gonna leave a mark.
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 04:24 PM

Somebody’s definitely in trouble, but good lord they are a turkey killing machine.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 04:33 PM

Looks like a fun hunt until he got to the truck
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:00 PM

Ain’t condoning this but he ain’t very smart, warden coulda put him in the pic as well.
Posted By: ParrotHead89

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:01 PM

Whats wrong?? You guys have a limit of 5 he only has 4??
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by ParrotHead89
Whats wrong?? You guys have a limit of 5 he only has 4??

Limit of 5, bag/possession of 1 per day. big fines coming to this fella here and I’ll bet this isn’t his first time with a multi bird day.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:11 PM

He’s gonna be working a long time to pay off that fine and probably never get to hunt again
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:26 PM

Gotta be fake news...
there’s several around here that like to talk about how DCNR doesn’t enforce limits or stop poaching during turkey season.

Looks like a flashlight mounted in a barrel band forward of the mag tube on that 870.
Ol boy was limb launching in the dark if you ask me.

Reckon which ALDeer team he was on? 😂😂😂
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by BCLC
Gotta be fake news...
there’s several around here that like to talk about how DCNR doesn’t enforce limits or stop poaching during turkey season.

Looks like a flashlight mounted in a barrel band forward of the mag tube on that 870.

^^^^^This right here. I'll bet you a dollar those birds were roosted and shot off the limb before first light. Unless he uses his shotgun as a flashlight for walking in, makes you kinda wonder why he's got what looks to be a streamlight rechargeable bolted on underneath the barrel. I'll also be willing to bet that GW was tipped off by someone that knew what this old boy was doing and didnt just happen to be there to catch him coming out.
Posted By: JDawg

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:34 PM

I had read it was in south carolina

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by deadeye48
He’s gonna be working a long time to pay off that fine and probably never get to hunt again

You are joking right? This is AL, he'll probably get a $1000 or $1500 fine and his license suspended for maybe a year or two. Fines and penalties in AL related to hunting offenses such as hunting without a license, killing over the limit, trespassing, hunting out of season, hunting at night etc, are all minimal and a joke compared to other states that are serious about stopping outlaws and game theft.
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by abolt300
Gotta be fake news...

^^^^^This right here. I'll bet you a dollar those birds were roosted and shot off the limb before first light. Unless he uses his shotgun as a flashlight for walking in, makes you kinda wonder why he's got what looks to be a streamlight rechargeable bolted on underneath the barrel. I'll also be willing to bet that GW was tipped off by someone that knew what this old boy was doing and didnt just happen to be there to catch him coming out.

That's a tactacam...... kinda like a go pro for your gun. Idiot probably video'd himself wiping out an early season group of longbeards over his decoys. This was in south carolina.

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 05:53 PM

I'm not 100% postive that is a tactacam. If it is, it is mounted awful far below the barrel. Looks more like it is mounted low like that for clearance of a flashlight bell to me. Due to the way the gun is shown with the vest in front, I cant tell if it has a bell on it or not. Could be either IMO.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Atoler
Gotta be fake news...

That's a tactacam...... kinda like a go pro for your gun. Idiot probably video'd himself wiping out an early season group of longbeards over his decoys. This was in south carolina.

Lmao at y’all. Flashlight? 😂
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 06:18 PM

Ain’t no AL game warden gonna make a stop like that. You gotta go to work first.
Posted By: BCLC

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 06:20 PM

In the little blurry pic I’m looking at on my phone screen it could be a coon pecker for all I know. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Posted By: 87dixieboy

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by JDawg
I had read it was in south carolina

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 06:36 PM

Tried to zoom in on his arm patch but it got to blurry.

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 06:50 PM

Do they have a FB page for DNR? Surely it would be on there to show everyone what they did.
Posted By: Booger

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 07:00 PM

Is that a SCDNR truck or did they get homeboy’s truck too?
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 07:02 PM

https://www.facebook.com/SCDNR
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 07:12 PM

IT WASN'T IN ALABAMA, NOT AN ALABAMA GW.
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 07:29 PM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: oldbowhunter

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 07:34 PM

Those field turkeys he couldn’t hunt drove him insane.
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 07:51 PM

We gonna see MGhunts in this condition soon 🤣🤣
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock

AND the bed of his truck will have one of the farmer’s cows in it for screwing up his hunts
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mbrock

LMFAO. This is true. Great example of a couple of things:

- when piddlin' goes wrong
- and the effect pressure can have on turkeys. Bet they hadn't left old mans sanctuary all year and this guy had to listen to them all season said "f it I'm going in"
Posted By: Sandmtnslayer

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 08:33 PM

That will sting his arse for a while
Posted By: MGHunts

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 08:34 PM

HAHA you'll see me with a big ole steak dinner that was the farmer's cow.
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 08:48 PM

I wonder if he had the video as well, and if it was looked ay by the warden?

God Bless,
David B.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Ain’t no AL game warden gonna make a stop like that. You gotta go to work first.

Matt isn't lying rofl

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 10:39 PM

Take some testicles to do that takes some even bigger ones to do that on someone else's land.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 11:19 PM

Probably fanned them and killed 2 or 3 with one shot and got the last one while running off.
Posted By: jwalker77

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/19/21 11:23 PM

I thought you could kill five
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/20/21 12:59 AM

Rodgestalker - it would not b that hard - you could do it in one shot - had several come in on different occasions - their heads can get all in one wad - you hav to let them separate or you can kill the hole group - nothing special by the shooter - it’s the way the guns pattern at 30 yards and out - generally when I have called in 3-4 - their are times when u hav to let them separate

Been while since I called in 3-4 or more 😀
Posted By: toothdoc

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/20/21 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by deadeye48

You are joking right? This is AL, he'll probably get a $1000 or $1500 fine and his license suspended for maybe a year or two. Fines and penalties in AL related to hunting offenses such as hunting without a license, killing over the limit, trespassing, hunting out of season, hunting at night etc, are all minimal and a joke compared to other states that are serious about stopping outlaws and game theft.

Y'all act like he had a license to start with! wink
Posted By: oldbowhunter

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/20/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by TDog93
Rodgestalker - it would not b that hard - you could do it in one shot - had several come in on different occasions - their heads can get all in one wad - you hav to let them separate or you can kill the hole group - nothing special by the shooter - it’s the way the guns pattern at 30 yards and out - generally when I have called in 3-4 - their are times when u hav to let them separate

Been while since I called in 3-4 or more 😀

Had 6 gobbling in the afternoon in Greene County 15 years ago. 2 year olds in
wide open river bottom.

I swear they came in to 35 yards and stood in a wad gobbling and fighting for
15 minutes.

My buddy, the landowner, said shoot about 20 times. They were on my side
of the tree.

I said “I really don’t think you want me to shoot”.

They walked off and not a shot was fired.
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/20/21 03:11 AM

Dang it Oldbowhunter - that was a heck of a hunt - u did good - they always separated for me but a bunch of different times I was like - man I could kill all 3-5 of these but it did not last too long before they separate - you had your patience tried
Posted By: Frankie

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/20/21 05:58 AM

I don't know seems like kliiing them like that just takes the fun out of hunting them
Posted By: Scott4Hunting

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/20/21 10:36 AM

The comment with the guy asking for his Thermacell cracked me up. 😂
Posted By: MarksOutdoors

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/20/21 02:21 PM

Reckon they took the truck, too?
Posted By: Yellowleaf CF

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/21/21 12:03 PM

Not Alabama patch or badge. Used to wear them.
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: Somebody in trouble - 04/24/21 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
Somebody’s definitely in trouble, but good lord they are a turkey killing machine.
. What they did was they dug a hole and filled it with corn, they didn't broadcast it except to get them to come to the hole.. The turkeys come and feed directly into the hole. 1 shot you can get several at a time. I doubt this just happened, it probably happened early in the year before the gobblers broke up from their groups. I've never done it, but my uncle years ago told me how some of the folks used to do it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM