Aldeer.com

Sounding Off??

Posted By: lefthorn

Sounding Off?? - 03/10/21 07:42 PM

Well? Who has been listening and having luck? I won’t be able to listen until opening morning
Posted By: Buck slayer 15

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/10/21 07:47 PM

Heard one yesterday evening, but I can’t hunt turkeys there.
Posted By: Turkeyboy

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/10/21 07:52 PM

Heard one this morning and found him struttin with hens
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/10/21 08:00 PM

I'm hearing about 6 every morning. I have some that I'm getting on camera every morning but aren't gobbling any.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/10/21 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Turkeyboy
Heard one this morning and found him struttin with hens

You miss?
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/11/21 02:52 AM

I did a 3 hr ride they Skyline yesterday and didn’t hear the first gobble.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/11/21 12:56 PM

Had two just absolutely burning it down on our place this morning. I bet they gobbled 50+ times each before 6:00
Posted By: deerhunt1988

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 03:03 PM

Heard a bird gobble 3x on roost yesterday morning. Heard one gobble a few times on ground this morning. Wasn't close enough to hear him on roost.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 03:23 PM

Heard my first gobbles of the season this morning, and he was hot. I was on my daily jog this morning right at sunrise, and thought I heard one gobble. Stopped and he sounded off 2 more times in the next minute. He’s in a spot that isn’t huntable in a residential area, but it was still really nice to hear one.

Will be on some public in the morning listening.
Posted By: rackhunter'

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 04:33 PM

I went to listen this morning since me and my daughter will be on the youth hunt tomorrow. Dead silence, nothing .
Posted By: Semo

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by rackhunter'
I went to listen this morning since me and my daughter will be on the youth hunt tomorrow. Dead silence, nothing .

Shut your mouth...just tell me that birds were in every tree and all at least triple gobbled every 4 minutes. I've had dreams about turkey hunting every night for a few days now. None of those dreams included silence.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 04:45 PM

They are hot and ready around here. Probably not so much in central AL. Probably not at all for north AL. AMAZING how that works. Somebody tell the folks in charge........
Posted By: sj22

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 05:30 PM

I heard one from my back porch this morning
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by turkey247
They are hot and ready around here. Probably not so much in central AL. Probably not at all for north AL. AMAZING how that works. Somebody tell the folks in charge........

Oh they're ready to go here in central AL too, or at least in my part of it.
Posted By: rackhunter'

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 07:35 PM

Shut your mouth...just tell me that birds were in every tree and all at least triple gobbled every 4 minutes. I've had dreams about turkey hunting every night for a few days now. None of those dreams included silence.

[/
Originally Posted by rackhunter'

Me too brother. I even woke up several times imagining gobblers hammering in all directions. Only to sit at listening point from before daylight until 7:30 with not even a distant gobble.
Posted By: cgardner

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 08:00 PM

This one was strutting in the neighbor’s driveway yesterday afternoon!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/12/21 09:04 PM

Rule number 1

I didn’t see nothing , didn’t hear nothing . Be lucky if I ever kill another one .
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/13/21 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by duxlayer
Rule number 1

I didn’t see nothing , didn’t hear nothing . Be lucky if I ever kill another one .

I will tell anybody I hunt with about deer sighting and share pictures of what I'm getting on cameras, but if you ask me a question about turkeys, everything that comes out of my mouth will be a lie.
Posted By: johndeere5036

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/13/21 12:24 AM

My neighbor called me and said I had two gobbling right by the Hwy in front of his house this morning. I’m about half tempted to run up to my land tomorrow and sight in a few guns to get their asses away from the rd
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/13/21 12:47 PM

geese, owls, crows & songbirds here 🤷🏻‍♂️😐
Posted By: AC870

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/13/21 01:10 PM

Mostly rain crows here.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Sounding Off?? - 03/14/21 01:15 AM

Scouted has on a piece of public in central Florida today for a quota hunt next weekend. It’s was unbelievable! It’s some nasty stuff, and you wouldn’t think turkeys would love it but I heard 8 different birds. Most I’ve ever heard in a morning. My buddy heard 5 from another side of the property. Biked 15 miles through a lot of sugar sand and I’m sure I’ll be sore tomorrow but it was 100% worth it. Can’t wait for next weekend
© 2024 ALDEER.COM