Aldeer.com

Christmas Gift - Turkey Book

Posted By: Turkey Petter

Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 11/30/20 12:25 AM

Good evening,

I want to let everyone know that I have a just completed and published my first book about turkey hunting. The book it titled, "Paying Your Dues, A Lifetime of Memories from a Mississippi Turkey Hunter." The book is primarily focused on hunting those hardheaded public land Easterns. It has a total of 116 pages with a hard cover and dust jacket. It's full of a great deal of tips and tactics, and most importantly, some examples of what NOT to do in certain situations. My dad was a game warden, and he and several of his friends have been after me to write a book for nearly two decades. I'm very proud of the finished product and think you will enjoy it. The books arrived about four weeks ago, and I've been blessed to sell more than 200 copies thus far.

I contacted Skinny, and he has given the "thumbs up" to promote my book here. I am selling signed copies - shipped to your door - for $23.00. I accept Paypal, Venmo, and Square (debit and credit cards). I will donate 3% of all sales to this fine website. This book makes the perfect gift for any turkey hunter, either beginner or veteran. You can PM me or text me at (662) 315-3191 or e-mail me at acantrell@hotmail.com. If you want your book(s) personalized, please make sure to send me the names of the recipients.

Below is a link to the cover photo.
[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10220364684285276&set=pcb.10220364699405654[/img]

Turkey Petter
Andy Cantrell
60339 Cotton Gin Port Road
Amory, MS 38821
(662) 315-3191 (cell)
acantrell@hotmail.com
Posted By: BC

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 11/30/20 10:05 AM

I had the pleasure of reading Andy’s book while sitting out in Gods creation with a bow in hand in October. I had deer all around me all morning but couldn’t pull my attention away from the book! From the stories of some of his most memorable hunts growing up, to his reflections on growing up and being indoctrinated into turkey hunting reminded me of my own dad and how I was raised in the woods. If you love a good turkey hunting read this book definitely fits the bill and I bet it will remind you a lot about your raising in the sport of turkey hunting and stir up emotions long forgotten, which is why I enjoyed it so much.

I highly recommend this book.
Posted By: poorcountrypreacher

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 11/30/20 01:07 PM

I read it too, BC, and enjoyed in the same way you did. The stories of the ones that got away are the ones I enjoyed the most; maybe because I think of those so often myself. When I kill one, I usually don't think about it a lot afterwards, but that birds that get away haunt my dreams. Andy's book provides a good mixture of both, and I was really able to identify with all his stories.

This would make a great gift for a turkey hunter. It's one that would be sure to be read!
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 11/30/20 01:57 PM

I finally finished Andys book. Not hard to read, actually a very good easy read. You can tell Andy has "paid his dues" over the years.

Well written and would make a fine addition to any turkey hunters book collection . Thanks Andy.

Troy

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 11/30/20 08:47 PM

BC,PCP, and BhamFred -

I appreciate those kind words. I have thoroughly enjoyed this project. Also, all books ordered have been shipped. In addition, a donation has been made to this fine website - Aldeer.

Thanks,

Turkey Petter
Andy Cantrell
acantrell@hotmail.com
(662) 315-3191
Posted By: sj22

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 01/11/21 08:54 PM

Just finished the book and really enjoyed it, I too learned from a lot of foolish mistakes! I don’t make quite as many of those now but I still make some

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 01/12/21 08:55 PM

Thank You (sj22). My wife told me one time you are crazy for getting up at 4:30 to hear a bird gobble. Logically, she made a valid point. However, logic ain’t got nothing to with it.

I still have some copies left if anyone is interested.

Andy
662 315 3191
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 01/12/21 09:34 PM

Just got mine in the mail. Looking forward to reading it!

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 01/12/21 10:13 PM

Thanks!
Posted By: BOFF

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 01/12/21 11:14 PM

Above Facebook link doesn't work.

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 01/12/21 11:20 PM

Hi David. Just send me an email at acantrell@hotmail.com or text me your name and address to (662) 315-3191.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 01/13/21 12:16 AM

this book will make a great present for a turkey hunter.

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 01/15/21 03:05 PM

Mr. Troy - Thank You!
Posted By: bebo33

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/17/21 01:22 AM

Just finished Andy Cantrell’s “Paying Your Dues”. One of those books that I couldn’t put down until I finished it. I spoke with Mr. Cantrell on the phone and he gave a lot of good pointers. The nasty turkeys have eluded me for years but after talking to him, I’m newly motivated. Highly recommend his book. Thanks Andy!
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/17/21 01:51 AM

I read Andy’s book recently also, it’s a very good book and a great read.
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/17/21 01:53 PM

Motivation and a few tips ---- March can't get here soon enough.

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/17/21 02:14 PM

I appreciate those kind words. This book has been a blessing and Good Lord willing, I'm getting ready to print it again. I still have a very limited supply of the first printing.

I’m proud to be a part of this fine website of turkey killers!

Andy Cantrell
60339 Cotton Gin Port Road
Amory, MS 38821
(662) 315-3191
acantrell@hotmail.com

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/17/21 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Turkey Petter
Hi David. Just send me an email at acantrell@hotmail.com or text me your name and address.

Sent Andy!

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/17/21 03:51 PM

Your book will be on it’s way as soon as USPS can deliver again.

Thanks,

Andy
Posted By: Wade

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/17/21 07:06 PM

email sent

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/17/21 09:37 PM

Wade -

You are packed up and ready to be shipped. Our post office closed early due to the weather. I’ll drop it in the mail as soon as the roads clear up.

Thanks!

Andy
Posted By: Wade

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/18/21 11:45 PM

Thanks Andy. Just put the check in the mailbox. Should get picked up tomorrow.

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/19/21 06:03 PM

Wade,

Your book was shipped in today’s mail.

Thank You!

Andy

Correction - Our post office is still closed today. I’ll try it again tomorrow.

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/26/21 12:33 AM

All book orders have been shipped.

Thanks,

Andy

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/27/21 03:49 AM

Book arrived today Andy!
Thank you!!
Payment goes out tomorrow!!

God Bless,
David B.

Re: Christmas Gift - Turkey Book - 02/27/21 04:42 AM

David,

Awesome. I hope you enjoy it. By the way, I sure do enjoy the devotionals you write on here.

Thanks!

Andy
© 2024 ALDEER.COM