Aldeer.com

Just remember....

Posted By: turkey247

Just remember.... - 10/10/20 03:56 AM

.....”they” want to keep places like this in south AL un-hunted until April 1st......

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Except, it won’t be quiet - the turkey will be on fire gobbling on this pretty little hardwood flat in February and March. By April, it will be hot and humid and green and dead and the gobblers will be slowing way down, only gobbling a few times real early before its gets miserable.

No hunting here in March will make turkey season less worth my time and trouble.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Just remember.... - 10/10/20 10:27 AM

Just go along with them on the dates. They know things that we mere hunters dont. You know things like "science"????
Posted By: Out back

Re: Just remember.... - 10/10/20 10:56 AM

Just remember.... Opening day is only a number on a calendar.
Turkeys don't have a calendar and I don't need one.
Posted By: BhamFred

Re: Just remember.... - 10/10/20 12:33 PM

I am considering going full outlaw this year...
Posted By: Out back

Re: Just remember.... - 10/10/20 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by BhamFred

Come on in brother, the water is fine.
Actually, it's just taking lessons from chuck, make up your own rules to suit you and your buddies.
Posted By: top cat

Re: Just remember.... - 10/11/20 12:23 AM

I was killing turkeys where I live long before we had a season. And using decoys. Just saying whistle
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Just remember.... - 10/12/20 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Out back

Come on in brother, the water is fine.
Actually, it's just taking lessons from chuck, make up your own rules to suit you and your buddies.

Really isn’t that crowded either..
Posted By: jamesm1976

Re: Just remember.... - 10/12/20 01:59 PM

I told a turkey killer I know about these proposed changes

His answer- "Good thing my property is grandfathered in". 150% chance he hunts the birds and not the season if this is implemented
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Just remember.... - 10/15/20 12:14 PM

So you do not hunt in April?
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Just remember.... - 10/15/20 06:52 PM

I hunt as much as I can - will be harder To hunt if season shorter. I usually take first week off to hunt - April second traditional my birds been pretty henned up at that time.

I wish they Bring it in March 15 and cut it out lot earlier - mosquitos and nats usually not as bad in March and I killed Way more turkey in March. Would rather that than late season Opening that is shortened. Bet not may birds went down In May this year

Re: Just remember.... - 10/15/20 08:40 PM

from Birmingham south usually April 15 to end is very hot and slow. Cutting out March is a dick move
Posted By: abolt300

Re: Just remember.... - 10/15/20 10:00 PM

from Birmingham south usually April 15 to end is very hot and slow. Cutting out March is a dick move

Well, Chuckie owns this and it looks like your description of the "move' fits him well.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Just remember.... - 10/16/20 11:55 AM

I find that mid- late april you dont hear S many but of you hear one he is likely gonna be ready to die.

Re: Just remember.... - 10/16/20 02:39 PM

I had to cut my grass here twice last February. My folks are north of Bham, and rarely need to mow before April 1. Same type of yard/grass/weeds. The animals are on different spring schedules as well. I’ve made the point more than once, but for Jackson County and Clarke County to have the same start date for turkey hunting is ridiculous. Major differences in green-up and how the birds act in the Spring.

Re: Just remember.... - 10/16/20 02:41 PM

Chuck said Alabama hunters are too stupid to remember different dates for seasons

Re: Just remember.... - 10/16/20 02:52 PM

Chuck said Alabama hunters are too stupid to remember different dates for seasons

Half are too stupid, half don’t care, and the other half follow the rules (most of the time). You may have to check my math on that grin
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Just remember.... - 10/16/20 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by turkey247
I had to cut my grass here twice last February. My folks are north of Bham, and rarely need to mow before April 1. Same type of yard/grass/weeds. The animals are on different spring schedules as well. I’ve made the point more than once, but for Jackson County and Clarke County to have the same start date for turkey hunting is ridiculous. Major differences in green-up and how the birds act in the Spring.

This past spring was about the earliest green up I remember.
Posted By: Orion34

Re: Just remember.... - 10/16/20 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
I find that mid- late april you dont hear S many but of you hear one he is likely gonna be ready to die.

Mid-May is even better. Or so I’m told...
Posted By: rackhunter'

Re: Just remember.... - 10/19/20 02:20 AM

I’d rather keep March and shut if off the last 2 weeks of April, If your going to shorten season. Personally I say leave it alone!
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Just remember.... - 10/19/20 03:13 AM

Same as Rack Hunter said above and I enjoy the cooler mornings too - sometimes lot of April can b warm - I will still hunt - but cool March days lot nicer and birds gobble bettr
© 2024 ALDEER.COM