Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/07/20 09:30 PM

Got this guy roaming around too!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TDog93

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/07/20 10:29 PM

Nice pictures
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/08/20 01:02 AM

You gotta learn to read your turkey herd better. I can tell from that pic the dominant bird in the area was killed early, during youth season most likely, with a motion strutter decoy. Those gobblers clearly have no idea how to breed a hen. Your gonna need an April 1st start date. No need to argue, it’s science!!
Posted By: gobbler

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/08/20 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by turkey247
You gotta learn to read your turkey herd better. I can tell from that pic the dominant bird in the area was killed early, during youth season most likely, with a motion strutter decoy. Those gobblers clearly have no idea how to breed a hen. Your gonna need an April 1st start date. No need to argue, it’s science!!

rofl

Also heard one of the experts say in the CAB meeting that, due to the increase in covid hunters, 2021 season was going to be a complete bust. Apparently all your gobblers there are going need to die between now and then! rolleyes thumbup
Posted By: Clem

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/08/20 05:52 PM

Please join Quality Turkey Management Association. Won't someone think of the poults!

(great birds and deer, cgardner!)
Posted By: BigCountry062307

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/08/20 05:55 PM

Nice pics
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/08/20 07:03 PM

Awesome man! No wonder you slay 'em every year!

Dr. B
Posted By: olemossy

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/08/20 08:15 PM

Wow....... Thats impressive.
Posted By: cgardner

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/12/20 12:50 PM

That's just one group. We have another group of gobblers and jakes that totals 24. Was able to get a good count on them in the pasture.
Posted By: zgobbler5

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/24/20 03:47 PM

Wow! Awesome pic!
Posted By: NEbamahunter

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/27/20 06:00 PM

Ha. I saw thread title and figured I'd open this up and see a train wreck.... pleasant surprise post.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 09/27/20 08:25 PM

I have so many pictures like the one above I could share. I know for a fact there is 6000+ acres in the state of Alabama that has an outstanding turkey population on top of a very successful hatch the past 3 years. For some of the folks within the DNR and CAB to suggest this state as an whole, is headed in the direction of Arkansas is a blatant lie/scare tact!! Yes, I agree there are areas of the state that have a declining turkey population, but to blanket the entire state with these proposed regulations is ridiculous!
Posted By: JayHook2

Re: Turkey Population Down... - 10/19/20 01:19 PM

Squeaky that whole 22,000 acres was like that when me and Danny were growing up. I can only imagine how many more now that the habitat is diverse and there is food 24/7. It was just giant old growth timber then. Who needed a club when you had the management area? and 50K more acres you could hunt with a $20 permit
© 2024 ALDEER.COM