Aldeer.com

Heard one hammering this am

Posted By: BigCountry062307

Heard one hammering this am - 05/19/20 01:26 PM

I was going out to feed my cow this am around 5:30, I was walking by our chicken coop where we have some roosters that are starting to crow a little and all of a sudden, about 200 yrds down on the back side of my land I have one just start gobbling his head off. I go inside to get he wife so she can hear it. Then I go get my calls and start messing with him for nearly another 15 mins. Then the wife said when are you going to work. Just 10 more months. I havent had birds on my place in years so hopefully there making there way back. Hope everyone has a great day.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Heard one hammering this am - 05/19/20 03:20 PM

Never call to a bird unless you are trying to kill him...just use locators if you want to hear him gobble
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Heard one hammering this am - 05/19/20 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
Never call to a bird unless you are trying to kill him...just use locators if you want to hear him gobble
Lighten up, Francis. grin
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Heard one hammering this am - 05/19/20 04:07 PM

They’re still gobbling and strutting in central Florida.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Heard one hammering this am - 05/19/20 05:13 PM

Had one gobble 25 times last Sunday while I was doing some work on one of my places. Seed bird for next year.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Heard one hammering this am - 05/19/20 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD

Lol just saying! I see idiots on YouTube and Facebook while scouting calling at gobbling birds all the time...

I heard 5-6 different gobblers going off Mother’s Day weekend at our camp in south Bama...woke the rest of the fam up at 5:30 owl hooting that am lol
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Heard one hammering this am - 05/19/20 07:07 PM

Should have woke em up with a gun shot pal!
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Heard one hammering this am - 05/19/20 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD

Lol just saying! I see idiots on YouTube and Facebook while scouting calling at gobbling birds all the time...

I heard 5-6 different gobblers going off Mother’s Day weekend at our camp in south Bama...woke the rest of the fam up at 5:30 owl hooting that am lol

Most of those idiots are in our hunting club!!!!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM