Aldeer.com

Pinhoti Project

Posted By: doecommander

Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 06:04 PM

Is this just me or was it better before Dave got involved with Mossy Oak? Where has Chubbs been?
Posted By: sj22

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 06:17 PM

I still love the videos! Miss chubbs not being in them but they’re still as good as there is to watch
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 06:18 PM

I do miss Chubbs. Otherwise I don't really notice any real difference
Posted By: AU_trout_bum

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 06:40 PM

So was Chubbs not allowed after he became part of Mossy Oak?
Posted By: JA

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 07:05 PM

I've been missing Chubbs. It also is obvious that we won't be seeing a lot of out of state hunts other than the surrounding states due to the virus I assume. Also, did he ever mention his truck wreck in an episode?
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 07:37 PM

Chubbs is by far my fav part of his show...he provides the comedic relief...seems like a genuinely fun dude to hang out with and hunt with...buddy and I were literally talking about the absence of chubbs...
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 07:40 PM

They are both straight up killers and chubs would be a blast to hunt with . I’m not a groupie fanboy ,but not ashamed to admit I learned a lot from some of their set ups , calling , when to stay when to go type stuff that has helped me be more successful in the turkey woods .
Posted By: Richard Cranium

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 08:02 PM

Still good content but Chubbs is dearly missed
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 08:03 PM

Like y’all said, videos are great but we need to see Chubs.

Dux, I’ve learned from Dave for sure. I mean how can you not. That joker kills 50 turkeys are year it seems like 😀
Posted By: Suburban

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/01/20 11:20 PM

Dave is one of the greats for sure. Hard to beat THP for me and I’ve also gotten into ol Catman.
Posted By: N2TRKYS

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 12:40 AM

I only watch them to pass the time when I can't hunt. The vids don't seem to be dropping on YouTube as fast as they use to. I do like the solo hunts better than when he hunts with somebody.

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 02:25 AM

I wonder how many turkeys Dave actually kills every year.
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 02:27 AM

Idk how Courtnie is still with him lol joker is gone all the time
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Suburban
Dave is one of the greats for sure. Hard to beat THP for me and I’ve also gotten into ol Catman.

Catman does not seem like a good turkey hunter to me. Aaron from the seems to be a pretty good turkey killer.
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ben2
Originally Posted by Suburban

Catman does not seem like a good turkey hunter to me. Aaron from the seems to be a pretty good turkey killer.

I like the THP guys for the most part. Most of them could out hunt Catman any day. He doesn't seem to be much of a turkey hunter to me.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 01:00 PM

Soon as I feel like I am getting decent with my mouth call, I watch a pinhoti video and get brought back down to earth. Some of the sounds he can make are just incredible. I've spent quite some time trying to get anywhere close to those soft clucks he makes and it just ain't happening. He's got a gift
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by dirkdaddy
Soon as I feel like I am getting decent with my mouth call, I watch a pinhoti video and get brought back down to earth. Some of the sounds he can make are just incredible. I've spent quite some time trying to get anywhere close to those soft clucks he makes and it just ain't happening. He's got a gift

I'm still trying to figure out that "water drop" cluck he does.....I've done it a couple of times but cant seem to replicate it on demand
Posted By: General

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 02:03 PM

Pinhoti is my favorite by far, always learn something from that guy. And yes Chubbs is missed.
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/02/20 04:13 PM

Say Whit or wit with a very small opening in lips like your trying to whistle , ghost cut makes it much easier to get the water drop cluck sound . That sound and the feeding whine whistle eluded me for a while . The feed whine still is a tough sound to get without any rasp
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/04/20 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by DoeMaster
I enjoy watching his videos in the off-season and have heard people who know him personally say he is a great guy, but does anyone else find Dave to be pretty arrogant at times? Or is that just the nature of the beast when you reach “celebrity” hunter status?

I like the guy and to be a world class turkey caller and helluva turkey killer, I find him to be a pretty humble fellow. He knows his stuff. His time he gives to the KT hunt team is a testament to his character in my book. I like the way he handled that public land guy in Florida. Most folks would have blown a gasket but he was firm but polite and did what I probably couldn't have done. I got no problem with him at all. I do wonder what happened to his sidekick, Chubbs tho. He is a good caller and hunter too on top of being freaking hilarious!

Dr. B
Posted By: Ol’Tom

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/04/20 10:12 PM

I watched him runner up at the GNCC in Nashville this year. The sounds that came out of his mouth painted a pitcher of what l hear turkeys talking about in the woods.
I think his video’s are better than most, and he’s aggressive in his calling and hunting style.

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/04/20 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by DoeMaster
I enjoy watching his videos in the off-season and have heard people who know him personally say he is a great guy, but does anyone else find Dave to be pretty arrogant at times? Or is that just the nature of the beast when you reach “celebrity” hunter status?

Nothing ever comes across as arrogant to me, I talked to him in Nashville this February and he really seems like a good fella and we all know from his videos he’s a heck of a caller and turkey killer
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/05/20 12:17 AM

If I could hunt the land he gets to hunt I could kill.....never mind slap
Posted By: North40R

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/05/20 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by foldemup

Casey you been hanging around with guitardude again?!......
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/05/20 01:09 AM

There’s plenty of arrogant turkey hunters around but I’ve never thought Dave was anything but humble and grateful he gets to pursue his passion.
Posted By: wareagle22

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/05/20 01:57 AM

This is not a far off statement. I’ve watched this guy in action.....
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/05/20 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by wareagle22

This is not a far off statement. I’ve watched this guy in action.....

Nah, I was just joking.....he’s on a whole different level.
Posted By: Ridge Life

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/05/20 02:14 AM

I see Dave as a very confident person, rather than arrogant. Big difference. Chubs I miss as well

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/05/20 03:13 AM

If I had to pick one show that seems to be real, not over-produced, , full of great (not too much) calling, and (mostly) on public land, it would be Pinhoti Project. Thankful that kind of stuff is out there and not some 20 minute long infomercial that most hunting shows have become.
Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

Re: Pinhoti Project - 05/05/20 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by North40R

Casey you been hanging around with guitardude again?!......

i should charge you for the space i’ve rented in your head
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Pinhoti Project - 08/17/20 09:22 PM

Last video posted and still no Chubbs. It seems Sleazy took his place
Posted By: Bustinbeards

Re: Pinhoti Project - 08/17/20 09:31 PM

Nothing against sleazy, I like him, but Chubbs and Dave’s love hate relationship and trashing each other is great content. It is ashame he wasn’t in this season.

Re: Pinhoti Project - 08/17/20 10:52 PM

He’ll probably show up in the videos he’s saving until the first of the year, this was just the last one he’s putting out for now.
Posted By: ikillbux

Re: Pinhoti Project - 08/18/20 02:03 PM

Chubbs is from here in Anniston, I don't know him personally, but his stepdad was my dentist for 20 years. Well I assume he's from here, his mom married Lindsey Monroe the dentist, they've been married since I was young, so I assume Chubbs lived/lives here. I know Dr. Monroe has been in at least a few of their vids I've seen (a couple of the vids were on his personal farm land).

I've heard rumors that they had a falling out, but I find that hard to believe, and I assume there's NO truth to it.

And y'all are free to argue, but I think Chubbs is equivalent to Dave in calling, I actually like Chubbs' cluck better (he's got this perfect little "pppppert" with a pop to it, and can do it at any volume)
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Pinhoti Project - 08/18/20 02:51 PM

Dave and Chubbs went somewhere to close out the year. Dave said he is holding the videos from the last part of the year, and will post them in Feb/March.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM