Aldeer.com

Stay at home order and traveling

Posted By: Moodyc24

Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:35 PM

What is this going to do to y’all’s plans to hunt turkeys out of state?
Posted By: Archery_Fanatic

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:37 PM

Will we be able to travel and hunt within the state? I’m leaving tonight to hunt and won’t come back until Sunday, which is after the ban. Is that illegal?

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Archery_Fanatic
Will we be able to travel and hunt within the state? I’m leaving tonight to hunt and won’t come back until Sunday, which is after the ban. Is that illegal?

No clue.
Posted By: AsianThunder

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:39 PM

I have reached to to the Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division to see what the new mandate means for hunters. I'll update when I get a response.

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by AsianThunder
I have reached to to the Alabama Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division to see what the new mandate means for hunters. I'll update when I get a response.

Thanks!
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:41 PM

I’ve got work shirts. I’ll be “working” when driving to hunt.
Posted By: lefthorn

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:48 PM

Hunt. It is an outdoor activity and allowed
Posted By: AsianThunder

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by lefthorn
Hunt. It is an outdoor activity and allowed

Confirmed. You can find details here: https://www.al.com/news/2020/04/gov-kay-ivey-to-give-update-on-coronavirus-response.html
Posted By: Orion34

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:51 PM

Delayed for a year. Next year I suspect people will be doubling down on trips, if any of us have any money left.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:52 PM

Here is the quote from the actual order:

To engage in outdoor activity.
A person may leave his or her place of residence to participate in outdoor activity that involves fewer than 10 people so long as the person maintains a consistent six-foot distance from other persons

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 09:54 PM

We leave for Kansas and Missouri in 10 days, i just read the guidelines and it says you can leave your house to do outdoor activities, and to visit family members. We have family in Kansas so I guess we’re good to go.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 10:06 PM

You will have to debone them no brain matter before crossing state lines
Posted By: Beak_Buster

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 10:16 PM

I’m headed to Oklahoma on Sunday, I will let y’all know if we see anything unexpected. Oklahoma sent out a email today that asked non residents from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Louisiana, California, Washington to self corn-teen for 14 days if traveling into Oklahoma.
Posted By: 7mmWSM

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/03/20 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe
I’ve got work shirts. I’ll be “working” when driving to hunt.

I’m in the same boat...but seriously, I’m safer and taking social distancing to another level when in the woods. So I could be charged with a class C misdemeanor if I’m caught traveling during this? I leave the house at 4:00 AM to be on go at gobbling time. I don’t want to be that guy because I know the law has a lot going on but are they going to pull me over at 430 and ticket me bc I want to get away from folks in the woods?
Posted By: AUdeerhunter

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 12:38 AM

I had a trip planned to go to South Dakota in a couple of weeks. It has been cancelled, but we’ve re-booked for next Spring
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 04:26 AM

As I understand it if your traveling for outdoor activities your fine. A lot of other states have already had this in place and many people still hunting. My trips for Nebraska and Wyoming are still a go right now as long as no road closures take place or this thing doesnt continue to worsen. Both locations have places to stay on them and I'll be by myself. Only stopping for gas and got plenty of hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes to wipe down with after pumping. Plus I'll take my own food and when I get hungry make a sandwich. When I get to locations I'll cook me something up on the grill from my cooler. Oh I'll have the beer ready loaded so no stopping for that either.
Posted By: CKyleC

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 11:57 AM

KY stopped OOS license sales to yesterday. They said they would honor those already sold. I'll find out in a couple of weeks
Posted By: geeb1

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 01:38 PM

Farm I hunt in TN shut down Wed. One of workers out with flu like symptoms. Glad I didn't purchase a license yet.
Posted By: Peach

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by CKyleC
KY stopped OOS license sales to yesterday. They said they would honor those already sold. I'll find out in a couple of weeks

I’m supposed to go in a Kentucky turkey hunt in two weeks!
Posted By: Bama_Sleeper

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 04:40 PM

You get your tags yet Mike? I’m up here now with Layne. Killed one this morning. Gonna give it another go tomorrow.
Posted By: Groundhawg

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Archery_Fanatic

Totally legal in Alabama. Relax and enjoy.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 05:31 PM

Nothing has changed in Bama same exact order Shelby and Jefferson co have been under for 3 weeks. This just extended the end date. Hunt and fish as you like and go where you need to go.
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 09:05 PM

Skyline is officially closed as of tomorrow. Fine no less than $1000 per area manager.
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by ridgestalker
Skyline is officially closed as of tomorrow. Fine no less than $1000 per area manager.

No
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 10:22 PM

Nice try.
Posted By: JA

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/04/20 10:43 PM

I’m scheduled to fly to Kansas April 24-27. Delta keeps changing my flights. We were scheduled to arrive in Wichita at 10:30 AM now it’s 12:30 PM. Not too bad, coming back they moved my flight UP fours hours. We normally hunt the Monday morning we leave and then head it the airport. We may extend another day.

The bigger issue in Kansas is they limited us to one tag in Unit 3 which is where my family farm is. I’ve found a small piece of ground to hunt in Unit 2 but it’s over an hour anyway. If Delta cancels our flight, don’t know if I want to drive 14 hours one way.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/05/20 12:30 PM

Don't drive through Illinois. Had a buddy get pulled over for out of state tags.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/05/20 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by TickaTicka
Don't drive through Illinois. Had a buddy get pulled over for out of state tags.

Pulled over and what did they say? I’m going to Illinois next week, guess I need to take off my truck tag.
Posted By: Beak_Buster

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/05/20 09:20 PM

I made it to Oklahoma just fine today, plan on camping and hunting. Staying out of town and stores.
Posted By: Swampdrummin

Re: Stay at home order and traveling - 04/06/20 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by TickaTicka

Got two tags to fill there, give us some details!
© 2024 ALDEER.COM