Aldeer.com

Greenfield Status????

Posted By: jlbuc10

Greenfield Status???? - 03/30/20 01:20 AM

I’ll be coming back to bama to turkey hunt this weekend in Bibb co. I moved to Fl in November and haven’t been back to our farm since end of January. How are yalls greens fields looking? I know it’s been a warm spring with lots of rain. I’m hoping they’re not too tall to see a turkey in or keep them out of the fields when the dews on the ground. If they are I guess I’ll be bush hogging the whole first day.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Greenfield Status???? - 03/30/20 01:26 AM

Knee high to pocket high. Clover heading out already. I wouldn’t bush hog squat right now
Posted By: Mbrock

Re: Greenfield Status???? - 03/30/20 01:29 AM

They’re ahead of where they generally are right now. Depending on deer density I’ve got some shin high and others much more with clover blooming.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Greenfield Status???? - 03/30/20 01:34 AM

I bush hogged my best field at the house yesterday. It was waste high and needed it so the turkeys would go back to utilizing it.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Greenfield Status???? - 03/30/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Mbrock
They’re ahead of where they generally are right now.

Not for us at this latitude. Three years in a row having dogwoods bloom in February. Ninety degrees before April. Poults running around before season is over. And season moving the wrong way on the calendar.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: Greenfield Status???? - 03/30/20 01:51 AM

I mowed one today, usually a turkey hotspot but was as tall gobblers head, way too tall. I left it longer where the clover was thickest
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Greenfield Status???? - 03/30/20 02:24 AM

Depends on deer density. I've got one property that's still about ankle high. I've got another ace about 15 minutes down the road and they are waist high
© 2024 ALDEER.COM