Aldeer.com

I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs,

Posted By: ronfromramer

I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/28/20 12:35 PM

If I wanted to deer hunt, I'd deer hunt. I know there's one here, I've got him on camera. Haven't heard him gobble one time this season. Haven't heard a gobble anywhere since Sunday. This ain't no fun. Think I'll go watch my grass grow
Posted By: Cooperjohn

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/28/20 12:40 PM

That goes for me to. I have 4 long beards on
Camera sitting their tails off. But
They have not gobbled once the whole season.
Guess I'm gonna have to use the deer
Hunting tenique myself tommorow.
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/28/20 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by ronfromramer
If I wanted to deer hunt, I'd deer hunt. I know there's one here, I've got him on camera. Haven't heard him gobble one time this season. Haven't heard a gobble anywhere since Sunday. This ain't no fun. Think I'll go watch my grass grow

Originally Posted by Cooperjohn
That goes for me to. I have 4 long beards on
Camera sitting their tails off. But
They have not gobbled once the whole season.
Guess I'm gonna have to use the deer
Hunting tenique myself tommorow.

Patience young Sky Walker. You know he or several are there, softly go after him. It isn't really deer hunting, you aren't having to wash your clothes every time you hunt, hunt the wind, worry about baths, nor have to spray down with no stink. You also don't have to worry about ladder stands or carrying in a climber.
Posted By: ronfromramer

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/28/20 12:56 PM

I'll take a heart pumping non successful gobbling encounter over a silent kill at this point. I've killed a bunch over the years and I'm not as mad at them as I used to be but I sure do enjoy the thrill of fooling with a gobbling bird. Only had one of those this year and it was screwed up by neighbors chit eating dogs
Posted By: globe

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/28/20 02:42 PM

I’d hunt the hens, they always yelp and cackle when they fly down. Get in as close as possible. He’ll be close. Imo
If you’re sure there’s a long beard around.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/28/20 03:23 PM

There is nothing I hate as much as a silent bird. I'm dealing with one now. If I ever do manage to kill him, I may shoot him twice, just for my trouble
Posted By: Davyalabama

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/28/20 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by ronfromramer
I'll take a heart pumping non successful gobbling encounter over a silent kill at this point. I've killed a bunch over the years and I'm not as mad at them as I used to be but I sure do enjoy the thrill of fooling with a gobbling bird. Only had one of those this year and it was screwed up by neighbors chit eating dogs
. I'm with you, it sure is nice hearing them gobble and then come in strutting their stuff. That was the only way I have gotten a kill this year. Makes me think you are doing something right for a change.
Posted By: dBmV

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/28/20 07:46 PM

I'll deer hunt them in the afternoon occasionally but it's just not the same as getting on one making a show of it. If the never gobbled or drummed I wouldn't even fool with them.
Posted By: jpfishmaster

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/29/20 05:06 PM

Yea, I walked and called for 5 hrs yesterday and not a peep
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/29/20 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

There is nothing I hate as much as a silent bird. I'm dealing with one now. If I ever do manage to kill him, I may shoot him twice, just for my trouble

Then kick his azz all the way back to the truck!

Dr. B
Posted By: n2deer

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/29/20 10:25 PM

Well don’t do it then. If I get frustrated I just go back and enjoy myself. Have a good time and try another day.
Posted By: Fun4all

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/29/20 10:27 PM

Seems like the only thing that gets gobbles where I hunt is owl hoots. And that is not until 8 or 9 oclock in the morning. You can forget them answering hen chatter.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/29/20 10:53 PM

Would be nice if there was a woodhen (pileated woodpecker) call....I've heard the gobble more when a woodhen cackles than I have any call made
Posted By: n2deer

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/30/20 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by deadeye48
Would be nice if there was a woodhen (pileated woodpecker) call....I've heard the gobble more when a woodhen cackles than I have any call made

Pretty sure I seen them before.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/30/20 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by deadeye48

There is one. I use mine a good bit. They gobble to that woodpecker more than anything else. If I'm walking around and hear one, I always stop and listen.
Posted By: deadeye48

Re: I hate deer hunting these non gobbling SOBs, - 03/30/20 08:49 PM

How about that
Just found a Pileated Woodpecker call disguised as a Hawk call...who’da thunk it
Ordered and should be here by the weekend
Thanks for the info guys and for curing my ignorance
© 2024 ALDEER.COM