Aldeer.com

THP in Alabama - where?

Posted By: BamaGuitarDude

THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 02:30 PM

anybody know where these guys are headed to hunt?? they mentioned staying at a "friend's house" in their last video - i'd assume that to be the Woodhaven prez
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 03:30 PM

I was wondering myself......probably Bankhead or TNF
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 03:36 PM

Who?

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Who?

that long-haired boy you're in love with on YouTube - they're in AL this week
Posted By: ozarktroutbum

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 04:58 PM

I would comment
Originally Posted by BamaGuitarDude
Originally Posted by 257wbymag
Who?

that long-haired boy you're in love with on YouTube - they're in AL this week
Makes you wonder who would hire him with that hair. But I guess he just turkey hunts so it doesn’t matter.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 05:08 PM

I have no clue what you talkin bout but I don’t watch many hunting shows

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 05:12 PM

its a bunch of young’uns on YouTube called “The Hunting Public” ... public land deer & turkey hunters
Posted By: MC21

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 05:23 PM

I think they where at Sam R Murphy last year. Not sure where at this year.
Posted By: JA

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 07:35 PM

Never heard of them.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by MC21
I think they where at Sam R Murphy last year. Not sure where at this year.

They where. They have had a rough time in Mississippi. The ole boy from Mississippi got one in the previous episode. Just about had back to back misses. I have gotten to where I don't watch the episodes with the long haired dude and his side kick. I find them rather strange.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 09:19 PM

I really only watch the episodes where they hunt down south. And I agree I like the episodes with the guy that’s from the south better. Aaron maybe? I guess I can just relate to him more.
Posted By: alight1983

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 10:41 PM

They probably over close to me around choccolocco. Catman was here last week.
Posted By: Wambaw

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by MC21
I really only watch the episodes where they hunt down south. And I agree I like the episodes with the guy that’s from the south better. Aaron maybe? I guess I can just relate to him more.

Aaron is from Missouri. Internet turkey videos on public land. That will end up screwing up some spots.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 10:58 PM

Sounds like it already has seeing the LFTT threads. OOSERs everywhere it seems.
Posted By: sj22

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/27/20 11:03 PM

Talladega National Forest
Posted By: Gobl4me

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 08:54 AM

They have already screwed up spots.
Posted By: sasquatch1

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 10:32 AM

this thread may do just as much or more harm to spots than them. They aren't disclosing where they at but look at this thread, all about finding out where they are and disclosing it

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 11:51 AM

what choo talkin’ ‘bout, Willis?? i aint wanting to find & hunt their damn spots - was wanting to know b/c i have an interest in meeting them ...
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 12:29 PM

The guy with the long hair definitely has some strange mannerisms. However, I won't knock the hair. I've perfected my mullet over the past several years and my hair comes about halfway down my back. Never had an issue at any job interviews although I guess that could change. As a matter of fact, the hair has been a real icebreaker, they usually say "Hey has anyone ever told you that you look like Billy Ray Cyrus?"

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 02:40 PM

rock that mullet bro - its seriously back in style! 😎🤘🏻

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 03:34 PM

what choo talkin’ ‘bout, Willis?? i aint wanting to find & hunt their damn spots - was wanting to know b/c i have an interest in meeting them ...

never said YOU was, but look at the views on the thread. you don't think there's people trying to see where they hunting so they know where birds are to have the confidence to go? Hardly anyone wants to do the legwork anymore or go out blind. Nobody wants to venture out to the unknown anymore in fear of wasting time. However once they see its proven by others, LOOK OUT, now the Instagram traveling hunting sensations
Posted By: Nightwatchman

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 05:26 PM

rock that mullet bro - its seriously back in style! 😎🤘🏻

I really am starting to see more and more men wear their hair long.

I started it though.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by sasquatch1

never said YOU was, but look at the views on the thread. you don't think there's people trying to see where they hunting so they know where birds are to have the confidence to go? Hardly anyone wants to do the legwork anymore or go out blind. Nobody wants to venture out to the unknown anymore in fear of wasting time. However once they see its proven by others, LOOK OUT, now the Instagram traveling hunting sensations

i understand your point - but honestly i think you’re over-reading into this some ... nobody asked for lat/long of precisely where they’re hunting ... you could tell me Eddie Salter or Scott Ellis or Will Primos or any number of people are at Oakmulgee & all that tells anybody is — there are birds they’re hunting there ...
Posted By: doecommander

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 05:36 PM

They are hunting Skyline. Said birds are everywhere and coming to anything

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by doecommander
They are hunting Skyline. Said birds are everywhere and coming to anything

thx - packing my Jeep & headed there to hunt rn 🙄🤠🤣 (just kidding - for those without a sense of humor on here)

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 07:09 PM

i understand your point - but honestly i think you’re over-reading into this some ... nobody asked for lat/long of precisely where they’re hunting ... you could tell me Eddie Salter or Scott Ellis or Will Primos or any number of people are at Oakmulgee & all that tells anybody is — there are birds they’re hunting there ...

yea maybe, but you are thinking in the mindset of a hunter who gets out there and HUNTS. Try to put yourself in the mindset of the internet scouter newbies. Trust me, them knowing they are there and seeing them get on birds is all the hope they need. Theres a reason them and pinhoti have at times disclosed where they were and now they don't. Ik for sure Dave use to show maps, without names or locations on them and people found where he was from scouring google earth. I also elk hunt and know for sure there are people who can google earth to the point they can reference the background of kill pics to figure out where people were.
Posted By: gcr0003

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 08:28 PM

yea maybe, but you are thinking in the mindset of a hunter who gets out there and HUNTS. Try to put yourself in the mindset of the internet scouter newbies. Trust me, them knowing they are there and seeing them get on birds is all the hope they need. Theres a reason them and pinhoti have at times disclosed where they were and now they don't. Ik for sure Dave use to show maps, without names or locations on them and people found where he was from scouring google earth. I also elk hunt and know for sure there are people who can google earth to the point they can reference the background of kill pics to figure out where people were.

So what if them watching THP gives them hope or confidence to get in the woods. They have the right to enjoy just as much as a whiner like you. I highly doubt they are going out there trying to pin point the exact location others have hunted. Even if they were what’s it matter? They are free to hunt public land any way they want as long as they aren’t breaking any laws. You think ole joe smoe isn’t coming in and taking “your spot” after he sees you parked there. Don’t kid yourself, it happens all the time and it’s part of sharing the woods. If you don’t like it buy or lease your own land. It sounds like you’re just mad people are beating you to “your spot.” I’m a newb myself but bet your bottom dollar I’m coming after every public land bird I can find. You better get up early and stay late because I’m ready lay one down. Yee yee.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 08:54 PM

look — IMHO — a YouTube channel such as Pinhoti Project, Catman, and THP is broadcasting WWWAAAYYY more data to the “lazy hunter” than a post on ALDeer ever will ... the latest Catman video is a PRIME - example ... from practically the opening scene, i knew precisely where he was ... IJS

i guess i should’ve been more clear about my orig Q - i wanted to know what CITY they were in, not which land they were hunting

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by gcr0003
[quote=BamaGuitarDude]
So what if them watching THP gives them hope or confidence to get in the woods. They have the right to enjoy just as much as a whiner like you. I highly doubt they are going out there trying to pin point the exact location others have hunted. Even if they were what’s it matter? They are free to hunt public land any way they want as long as they aren’t breaking any laws. You think ole joe smoe isn’t coming in and taking “your spot” after he sees you parked there. Don’t kid yourself, it happens all the time and it’s part of sharing the woods. If you don’t like it buy or lease your own land. It sounds like you’re just mad people are beating you to “your spot.” I’m a newb myself but bet your bottom dollar I’m coming after every public land bird I can find. You better get up early and stay late because I’m ready lay one down. Yee yee.

I support this message

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 09:26 PM

First off buddy I aint whining, I'm simply stating WHAT IS. Mainly because its been mentioned in THIS thread and Other threads about the high influx of pressure people are experiencing! Don't matter what they do and they have every right, But it don't make what I say false. IT IS WHAT IT IS. However you see a lot of crying about pressure yet the same people do a lot of the contributing themselves in non direct ways.

In your own post you say you highly doubt people try to pin point spots and then follow it with how people come in and take spots from seeing a truck parked there. Hmmm, aren't those the same?

Go find me crying about pressure and get back to me. I'm simply stating what contributes to it.

Second off since you know so much about me I have Never been beat to a spot yet, I sleep at my parking spots. And if I was beat, oh well I have plenty more spots! You know NOTHING about how I hunt but I can tell you I am not threatened by ANY other hunter because ill get mine, been along time since I never killed at least the limit in the main state I hunt, most times before the middle of the season. Good luck beating me to a spot or killing one from under me. You go be ready to lay one down and I'm gonna work on my last bird till I'm after them in another state when I get time off work

And to bamaguitardude, no doubt aldeer is almost irrelevant by comparison to the videos. I wont debate that at all. I'm simply just saying people do google searches and all these threads pop up forever that's all.
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 09:42 PM

Here's the thing with THP. They are entertaining. I like to watch them. Yep, some of them, especially long hair guy, are goofy. But it's a lot more real than anything I've ever seen from primos and the like, and that's why I watch them and shane simpson.

Here's the thing with THP and the like, too. They are hunting already highly pressured public land, and then claim they do it because "hunter numbers" are down nationwide and that having a youtube hunting channel is the only thing keeping hunting alive. I think that part of their schtick is complete crap. You can go and google map search the WMA closest to here, pull up a satellite image, and when you zoom into the gates there is a truck at NEARLY EVERY GATE. This satellite image is at least a couple of years old. You couldn't fit more hunters on that WMA if you tried on that particular day. I don't know if the image is from a rifle weekend or the turkey opener, but almost every gate has a truck. Keep in mind this image was captured before the youtube hunting thing really kicked off, so if an image was captured today (opening day of WMA turkey hunting) it would likely be worse.

I am sure nationally hunter numbers are down, but not around here. No way. The south has been, and will forever be, highly pressured, and the THP guys and their copy-cats make it worse. I still like to watch the videos.
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 09:50 PM

There is a fear that turkey hunting will become the next cool hunting fad like the explosion off duck hunters a few years ago. I just don’t think turkey hunting will ever be as popular as deer or duck hunting. Sure folks might be inspired by the likes of THP and catman and give it a try but MOST of them will wash out of the public land turkey hunting scene. It’s just too difficult for most folks.
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

There is a fear that turkey hunting will become the next cool hunting fad like the explosion off duck hunters a few years ago. I just don’t think turkey hunting will ever be as popular as deer or duck hunting. Sure folks might be inspired by the likes of THP and catman and give it a try but MOST of them will wash out of the public land turkey hunting scene. It’s just too difficult for most folks.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

As much as I'm sure the licensing and Pittman-Robertson Act money would help conserve the species, I really don't want to see a bunch of jack leg "Tom Commanders" out there.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 09:57 PM

In the long run I agree with the above
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 09:59 PM

look — IMHO — a YouTube channel such as Pinhoti Project, Catman, and THP is broadcasting WWWAAAYYY more data to the “lazy hunter” than a post on ALDeer ever will ... the latest Catman video is a PRIME - example ... from practically the opening scene, i knew precisely where he was ... IJS

i guess i should’ve been more clear about my orig Q - i wanted to know what CITY they were in, not which land they were hunting

If you dont already hunt there a lot do you think you would recognize the area? I’ve watched, every episode of THP, Pinhoti, and catman. I’ve never recognized a single spot. If I was new to hunting and wanted to find the spot I wouldn’t be able to.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 10:14 PM

Jlbuc, YOU wouldn’t have too. Other places, threads and people that do know will say it which was part of what I was saying. I’ve helped a lot of people only to have them help other etc etc and it has hurt places I’ve hunted. I still help some people out but just not on open forums anymore, strictly PMs after I know they’ve done enough research on their own and have stake in the game now. But yes, there are people who are basically talented on figuring out where they are. It’s crazy to me how much some people can figure things out like that.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 10:32 PM

i apologize if my post gave any impression that i was wanting a “free ride” on turkey hunting - that was not my original intent at all ... i was just curious about where these dude’s are as i watch their vids ... sasquatch, i think we’re more in agreement than disagreement — when i hunted public land (and may have to do so again), i didnt advertise my spots either ...

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 10:48 PM

I don’t think we disagree, and just for the record I never got the impression you was looking to hone in on them for their spots. I was just generally speaking. Good luck to you this year!

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/28/20 10:52 PM

you too!
Posted By: ridgestalker

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/29/20 12:26 AM

I thought I saw a something about “Sipsey” when they were leaving for Alabama.
Posted By: RemingtonRules

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/29/20 01:00 AM

PM Catman and he will tell you the hard lesson he learned with posting too much information on the web. He caused in state and out of state hunters to almost overwhelm a public hunting spot.
Posted By: deerhunt1988

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/29/20 03:01 AM

We are already there. It is the next cool fad. I've saw the fad come on heavily the past few springs and this season it seems to be worse than ever.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/29/20 03:37 AM

let them put in 5.5 miles and who knows how much elevation only to get skunked like I did today, they'll give up quick

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/29/20 10:28 AM

Blame china for the influx of hunters not the thp, catman or pinhoti Dave. In a week or so the public land casual hunters will fold.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/29/20 03:58 PM

Wrong, it’s directly related to these YouTube hunters. It was never like this before. It’s self promotion and the flash.....look at me. No money in it. Just go hunt and enjoy it......don’t plaster it all over the internet. I can’t think of one scenario where posting videos of yourself hunting public spots on internet makes sense. Copycats popping up everywhere giving up the ghost.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/29/20 07:16 PM

So far the Coronavirus has caused more problems for me on public land than any YouTube video. Because every hunter that I have had walk in on me has been high school kids that would otherwise have been in school but since school is out they're hitting the woods.
Posted By: LIOJeff

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/29/20 07:16 PM

Those boys are some killers. If you watch their deer hunting they hiked 6 miles in while in Nebraska in the snow. Killed a nice buck. Quartered it up and walked out. Got back to the truck at 2am. You can they’re young those days are past me 😀

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/31/20 01:01 AM

Just watched the video talk about the long haired guy if you want very smart hunt. It's public land if they ain't there someone else will be. I enjoy it and I hunt it all the time. It is what it is.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/31/20 01:05 AM

Also don't be candy asses I hunt public constantly. They are still turkeys. Is it hard? Yes. But if you kill one like that you can kill one pretty much anywhere. After several years of dealing with it I just go about my day like they ain't there.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/31/20 01:38 AM

I caught up on the last 3 episodes this afternoon. In all 3 they where loading their shotgun while working a bird...

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/31/20 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
I caught up on the last 3 episodes this afternoon. In all 3 they where loading their shotgun while working a bird...

I’ve noticed that too. I almost think maybe ted had an accident or something and Aaron makes him do that To be safe. That ted guy seems off a little
Posted By: marshmud991

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 03/31/20 02:04 AM

I’ve noticed they don’t load the gun until they get on a bird. Most of the time they are loading the gun as they are sitting down against a tree.
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 04/01/20 01:58 AM

“Strutter in the clearcut” I’m sure someone know where that clear cut is with the little green field right off the road is. They also answered why they don’t load their guns until they’re about to shoot in the video.
Posted By: Semo

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 04/01/20 02:09 AM

I ran into the 🦃 trail guys last weekend. Didn't talk to them but saw them both days at different spots. I guess we looked at a map and liked the same spots. Killed my bird miles away on Friday. Hope I don't see them there too cause so far it has been 4/10 for me.
Posted By: TickaTicka

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 04/01/20 02:37 AM

From what I've seen, every swinging dick in Alabama with a 12 GA is on public land. I've been able to get away from em but dang, all my typical spots are public gathering areas.

This Coronavirus furloughing is gonna deplete the turkey population.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 04/01/20 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by jlbuc10
“Strutter in the clearcut” I’m sure someone know where that clear cut is with the little green field right off the road is. They also answered why they don’t load their guns until they’re about to shoot in the video.

Originally Posted by jlbuc10

You care to share or you gonna make us watch the video and try and find it
Posted By: dirkdaddy

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 04/01/20 11:41 AM

Latest video was kind of case in point what they are causing to happen on public land. Still think the videos are entertaining, but this year they've ran into other hunters at a rate that's much higher than the past. Hunters on the ground, hunters in trucks rolling up on them, hunters gettin out to slap-ass with each other and owl hoot while they're working a bird (see the latest strutter in the clear cut video).

I am glad they've quit talking about needing more hunters out there, or that they do it all so hunting will be alive in the future. You can hear the frustration in their voices when they get rolled up on and always end it with an insincere, "well at least their out here enjoying it." Yea...right. That's not what they're thinking. Public land hunting is alive and well around here, boys. They're finding that out this year in a big way.

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 04/01/20 02:02 PM

Reaping what they have sown. Thp and Dave are gonna continue to have people problems........at some point they’ll take a long hard look in mirror and realize they themselves are the problem. Ban filming on public land
Posted By: deerhunt1988

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 02/10/21 10:13 PM

Bump. To remind folks. Don't think midweek pressure will be as bad this year, but I think weekends may be even worse! Their latest turkey video got nearly 100k views in a day.
Posted By: Hevishot13

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 02/10/21 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gobl4me
Reaping what they have sown. Thp and Dave are gonna continue to have people problems........at some point they’ll take a long hard look in mirror and realize they themselves are the problem. Ban filming on public land

Boom!
Posted By: PaytonWP

Re: THP in Alabama - where? - 02/12/21 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by deerhunt1988
Bump. To remind folks. Don't think midweek pressure will be as bad this year, but I think weekends may be even worse! Their latest turkey video got nearly 100k views in a day.

Yep those jokers have ruined some of the spots I hunt. They can say it’s for “hunter recruitment” all they want but that’s BS. They are in it to make money and to hunt for a living. As far as I’m concerned they can go get a real job and stop ruining public land by over exposing it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM