Aldeer.com

Today was a great day

Posted By: Coosa1

Today was a great day - 03/01/20 02:32 AM

For burning that is. Couldn’t ask for better conditions for a burn day, and we took full advantage of it. I put in over 5 miles with a backpack blower strapped to my back blowing lines and protecting oak trees. Turkeys oughta be all over it in the next couple days.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh and my little helper stayed home and held down the fort for me.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Today was a great day - 03/01/20 02:38 AM

Beautiful, nothing like a fresh burn
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Today was a great day - 03/01/20 03:04 AM

Heck yea!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Today was a great day - 03/01/20 04:48 PM

Man good job and it looks like a dang good workout. You walked 5.5 Miles AND climbed 13 floors of stairs with a back pack. Good job. That will get you ready to chase birds! thumbup
Posted By: bwhunter

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 02:19 AM

Looks great. I've finally been able to get a lot of burning done over the past three days. Thankful for the sunshine.
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 03:03 AM

I got wore out today also doing the same thing.
[Linked Image][/

[Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: CAL

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 04:57 AM

Your wildlife thanks you.
Posted By: CAL

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 04:58 AM

And your daughter is a cutie pie! Beautiful little girl!
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 02:58 PM

I've got 20 acres to burn, but its been so wet that I haven't been able to yet. And with this week's rain, will be a while longer.

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 03:01 PM

Coosa, are you using the blower to create fire breaks, or to put out the fire on the back side of the start line? I've always just used a rake to rake a small line around it, but that's a lot of work. If the backpack blower works better, I'll try it. Thanks
Posted By: Turkey_neck

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by HHSyelper
Coosa, are you using the blower to create fire breaks, or to put out the fire on the back side of the start line? I've always just used a rake to rake a small line around it, but that's a lot of work. If the backpack blower works better, I'll try it. Thanks

It works to create lines and put out jump fires

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 04:05 PM

Thanks Turkey neck, I'll try it if the rain ever stops.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Today was a great day - 03/02/20 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by HHSyelper

Both, and it works great. Never even have to touch a rake. Plus when we're burning woods I can walk through and just hit a quick ring around my oak trees to keep them from getting too hot. I can knock out 200yds of break through the woods pretty much as fast as I can walk it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM