Aldeer.com

Team ALDEER Turkey Contest

Posted By: slippinlipjr

Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 06:27 PM

The sign up thread has been posted. Yall flock to it.
Posted By: foldemup

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 07:38 PM

Maybe Slippin didn’t know? Or maybe Chuckie got it changed because after all, we only need 1 bird
Posted By: Southwood7

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 07:39 PM

Killing multiple birds is a sign of a good turkey hunter and should be rewarded. Why are we rewarding long spurs and not multiple birds?

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by foldemup
Maybe Slippin didn’t know? Or maybe Chuckie got it changed because after all, we only need 1 bird

It’s only fair 🤦🏼‍♂️

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 07:43 PM

I changed it back. Don't want nobody to get upset about it. I didn't really think anything of it.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 07:45 PM

Thanks slippinlip 👍🏻
Posted By: duxlayer

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 07:48 PM

Thanks man and once again I appreciate someone doing this it’s a blast to compete against the beat turkey hunters in the US

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 08:03 PM

Thanks slippin! Hard for us to break 1300 points with only 1 bird each grin

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Southwood7

Thanks slippinlip 👍🏻

You going to upload any more videos to youtube? Hope you do.
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/13/20 08:34 PM

Hell I was excited about the one bird rule. Would've made it an actual possibility for me to be on a winning team rofl
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 02:55 AM

I’ve wanted to do the one bird rule for years. I say let team 1 vote and go with it.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by YEKRUT
I’ve wanted to do the one bird rule for years. I say let team 1 vote and go with it.

Curious why you would prefer one bird rule? Do you feel like that would make it more competitive? Isn’t that one of the rules that Old Gobbler pulled out to squash the champs? Personally I don’t like one bird because one single trophy bird could win the whole contest for a team with 5 jake killers.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 03:10 AM

Ahhhhhh the OG turkey contest days. What a cluster that was. 1 bird rule would definitely be more competitive, but also a whole lot more luck involved. 3 bird rule more accurately determines the best team of turkey killers IMO. We could always go full OG and require high resolution images of tape measurements of spurs and beard as well as scale with entire bird in it. I swear it would take 30 minutes to get all the required pics for their contest

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 04:10 AM

We took a vote , 3 birds it is . I think if we just did one bird . let’s say for example me and southwood are hunting , we are on different teams and it’s his turn to shoot . Then a bird comes out at 75 yards comming right to us and I see that he has 5 beards and a big pecker . I’m shooting tss and he’s not so I get greedy and blast him right out from under south wood at 75 yards . Me being greedy and jealous would cause me and southwoods to not be friends anymore all over a contest with no prize money 💰. 1 trophy bird you might luck up on changes the whole contest .
Just my 2 cents
Posted By: AC870

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 04:13 AM

If y’all was just going by body count, I know a feller or three could be a team or maybe two all by theyself. Y’all might know em too.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by duxlayer

We took a vote , 3 birds it is . I think if we just did one bird . let’s say for example me and southwood are hunting , we are on different teams and it’s his turn to shoot . Then a bird comes out at 75 yards comming right to us and I see that he has 5 beards and a big pecker . I’m shooting tss and he’s not so I get greedy and blast him right out from under south wood at 75 yards . Me being greedy and jealous would cause me and southwoods to not be friends anymore all over a contest with no prize money 💰. 1 trophy bird you might luck up on changes the whole contest .
Just my 2 cents

Well now I’m imaginary pissed off at you and I want an apology 😀

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 04:25 AM

Well I’m sorry for simulating that imaginary situation . It won’t happen again lol
Posted By: YEKRUT

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 12:30 PM

Curious why you would prefer one bird rule? Do you feel like that would make it more competitive? Isn’t that one of the rules that Old Gobbler pulled out to squash the champs? Personally I don’t like one bird because one single trophy bird could win the whole contest for a team with 5 jake killers.

A competition is what it is and it would make it a tighter race IMO. It doesn’t look like anyone else wants that so it’s really a dead horse at this point. Something different besides what team can kill the most turkeys would be more fun and keep it close from start to finish. The best i remember OG let you pick your teams, had like 10 man teams and the biggest 8 counted or something like that. It took multiple big birds to do it just like it would here.
Posted By: turkey247

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 12:46 PM

I would like one or two, would make it more interesting. I quit signing up because for the next 15 years, my kids will kill birds on the places I hunt. I didn’t feel like I could guarantee a team 3 birds anymore, even though I probably could. And I’m not gonna enter my kids and friends birds that I watch die, and be THAT guy.
Posted By: BigCountry062307

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 02:49 PM

Where is the thread at. I may be overlooking it.
Posted By: sj22

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 04:12 PM

One would definitely make it interesting, besides most people that sign up know there only gonna hunt a few times and will never kill 3 anyway
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 06:23 PM

A competition is what it is and it would make it a tighter race IMO. It doesn’t look like anyone else wants that so it’s really a dead horse at this point. Something different besides what team can kill the most turkeys would be more fun and keep it close from start to finish. The best i remember OG let you pick your teams, had like 10 man teams and the biggest 8 counted or something like that. It took multiple big birds to do it just like it would here.

I’d like to see it as a 18 bird limit per team, no cap on the amount of birds entered per member. That would make it more competitive imo. Nearly every year the top 5 or 6 teams collectively kill a ton of birds but always have 1 or 2 members who don’t kill a thing.
Posted By: n2deer

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Atoler

I’d like to see it as a 18 bird limit per team, no cap on the amount of birds entered per member. That would make it more competitive imo. Nearly every year the top 5 or 6 teams collectively kill a ton of birds but always have 1 or 2 members who don’t kill a thing.

That’s a good point.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 08:59 PM

That’s the best idea I’ve heard. ^^^^^

I’ve been lucky to be on good teams most years........ but when you get on a team with one or 2 that just decides to sign up and then either never hunts or never communicates with his teammates then it ruins the contest for the whole team. A team total of 18 would eliminate a lot of that
Posted By: Clark8907

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 10:00 PM

I wish we could pick our own teams. That would be great!!!
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/14/20 10:10 PM

Best idea Atoler...I’m all for changing the rules this year to the 18 total birds...
Posted By: TurkeyJoe

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gobble4me757
Best idea Atoler...I’m all for changing the rules this year to the 18 total birds...

I like it
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 12:29 AM

I’d say let team 1 vote on it. It’s not fair to them, to change the rules, unless they would like to. It would make it a lot more difficult to maintain that top spot.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Atoler
I’d say let team 1 vote on it. It’s not fair to them, to change the rules, unless they would like to. It would make it a lot more difficult to maintain that top spot.

I mean if they are as good as some of the team members claim to be they shouldnt be worried about it lol
Posted By: Goose11

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 01:42 AM

I think it should be like a golf scramble. But, a set number of birds like 12 or 15, and if a guy who signed up but doesn’t produce a team can use 2 or more birds from someone who does hunt. And yes, Team 1 is an exceptional team of turkey killers.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 01:50 AM

I think the 18 bird limit sounds fair, but any spurs over an inch or 22 lb gobblers gotta have better pics grin

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 01:53 AM

Yea I got no problem with the 18 total birds , everybody that participates in this has been stuck with a non participating team member before , yea c’mon!
I personally like the challenge , if not we’re prob just gonna have a cake walk for at least 7-8 years . Not even sure if our t-shirt guy has that many shirts in stock
Posted By: Big Game Hunter

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 01:56 AM

I’ve been in the deer and turkey contest each year from the beginning. This is the first time I’ve been on a team that my teammates all communicated with each other and actually hunted.

Y’all don’t mess this up for me......
Posted By: BC

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 01:56 AM

I like it. Essentially the contest stays the same but something is being done to mitigate the drive by sign up’s. Nothing is more demoralizing than busting your tail knowing that you were going to come up short because some clown is MIA.

It’s an excellent idea.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 01:57 AM

Usually the team that wins has guys that hunt multiple states. I proposed a while back that we only count Alabama birds but nobody liked that lol

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 03:03 AM

Usually the team that wins has guys that hunt multiple states. I proposed a while back that we only count Alabama birds but nobody liked that lol

If that was the case I wouldn't be able to compete. I don't live in bama anymore.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 03:05 AM

If we are picking teams I want brentm, moody24, north40r, atoler, southwood7, yekrut, aucoonhunter and sj22 lol

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 03:10 AM

Yall are making this like tee ball. Everybody is a winner nowadays. Yall make up whatever rules make yall feel better. I feel confident in Team 1

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Clark8907

If that was the case I wouldn't be able to compete. I don't live in bama anymore.

I really just say that because I’m envious of y’all 😀 I’m lucky if I get to hunt one state outside of Bama.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by crenshawco
Yall are making this like tee ball. Everybody is a winner nowadays. Yall make up whatever rules make yall feel better. I feel confident in Team 1

We just wishing! Team 1 will be hard to beat!! Anytime 6 good hunters that kill at least 3 birds a piece get on the same team it’s hard to knock them out.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 11:51 AM

If we are picking teams I want brentm, moody24, north40r, atoler, southwood7, yekrut, aucoonhunter and sj22 lol

Easy now Clark...you putting me in there with some Big boys!! I’m still trying to figure this turkey hunting thing out
Posted By: JLavender

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 12:50 PM

I think the 18 bird limit sounds fair, but any spurs over an inch or 22 lb gobblers gotta have better pics grin

THIS!!!

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/15/20 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by sj22

Easy now Clark...you putting me in there with some Big boys!! I’m still trying to figure this turkey hunting thing out

Me too!!! Seriously I dont care what yall do with the contest this year. The funniest part about it is meeting new people and shooting the crap. I am looking forward to getting to know some of the forum members better and share hunt stories, tactics, etc...to me....that's what this competition is about. Sure we could make it to where we could pick teams like the NFL draft or something but none of us would really get to know anyone new.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/21/20 11:36 PM

When are teams gonna be picked? Any updates/changes we should know about?
Posted By: MarkBAMA

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/23/20 01:48 PM

Is sign up closed?
Posted By: Cooperjohn

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 12:02 AM

I would like to see the contest for turkey and deer only count
For kills in Alabama only. I mean this is Aldeer.com. It really don't
Seem fair for out of state turkeys and deer.
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 12:08 AM

Well that alienated the members on here from TN GA MS FL MO and CO etc. not gonna happen I don’t think

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Cooperjohn

Spikes don’t get a vote , you have to participate in it before being able to change the rules .

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 12:16 AM

Nope, it doesn't bother me to much. I'm only gonna hunt AL anyway, I save my money up for mule deer and elk hunts in the fall

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:18 AM

That’s a big negative!

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:19 AM

Just saying, it makes more sense for Alabama kills only.
You can live in another state and still hunt in Alabama.
Counting all the birds in other states give the advantage to
The more wealthy hunters ,who got the money to travel.Is this
A contest of who is the best team, or who can pay to kill for more tags
In other states.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:21 AM

I know folks who travel costs less than their in state leases. So what’s your point here?
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:27 AM

I don't care what state you hunt as long as you hunt. Had a guy on my team last year that I don't think ever set foot in the woods.
Posted By: Semo

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by 257wbymag
I know folks who travel costs less than their in state leases. So what’s your point here?

I can guarantee I have never spent as much in a year hunting 2 states as most spend on their annual leases in AL. Hope I never have to pay a lease.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:40 AM

In other states.

You voting for Bernie 2020? Maybe you can help him come up with a redistribution of wealth for turkey hunting budgets for the poor non travelling hunters

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:48 AM

Work more , get paid more ,and spend it on turkey hunting !!!

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:52 AM

I'm just saying it makes the best team have a better
Chance to win the contest. When everyone is on the same
Playing feild.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:54 AM

More tee ball mentality. Everyone needs a trophy

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:55 AM

Feel the Bern
Posted By: 7x57_Mauser

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:59 AM

Where the hell do I sign up? I got a boat and these sumbitchin' turkeys are going to pay this year for the what they did to me the last 2 years.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by 7x57_Mauser
Where the hell do I sign up? I got a boat and these sumbitchin' turkeys are going to pay this year for the what they did to me the last 2 years.

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3041050#Post3041050
Posted By: Squadron77

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 02:04 AM

There were 78 team members last year and 20 did not post a bird. Put those 20 on a scout-team together and they have to post a bird to earn there way onto a team next year. First time members can be on a team but if they don't post a bird then they are on the scout-team next year. This would stop people from signing up with no intention of hunting. When team members don't hunt it takes all the fun out if it for everyone else.
Posted By: JLavender

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by Squadron77
There were 78 team members last year and 20 did not post a bird. Put those 20 on a scout-team together and they have to post a bird to earn there way onto a team next year. First time members can be on a team but if they don't post a bird then they are on the scout-team next year. This would stop people from signing up with no intention of hunting. When team members don't hunt it takes all the fun out if it for everyone else.

I actually kinda like this.....I have ZERO problem with people hunting out of state....but if you sign up HUNT!....If you don't kill a bird, hey, it happens....but at least make an attempt.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 03:13 AM

I'm just saying it makes the best team have a better
Chance to win the contest. When everyone is on the same
Playing feild.

Maybe everyone should win! Do you want all the birds to be the same too? Like previously said, people spend there money how they like. It's not your place to tell people how they spend their money. I work all year to be able to do what I enjoy. Do a better job saving if you dont have the funds and if you do live a little and get out of Alabama and experience some different hunting. No one would ever get a slam if we were limited to Alabama. Not to mention most people on this sight has lived in bama and hunted there.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 03:14 AM

I really liked the idea of 18 birds for the guys that don't hunt.
Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 03:18 AM

In other states.

Feller..all i do is hunt on a budget.. i hunt public alot and still manage 2-3 birds...i get to hunt maybe a week- weekanuhhaff because of work an life...if i had anymore time on my hands..you best believe id be goin all over huntn...to be honest...i dont believe the population could handle a wealthy me with time to spare rofl

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 03:25 AM

I really liked the idea of 18 birds for the guys that don't hunt.

I like the 18 total birds as well .There will for sure be guys that don’t check a bird ... again this year .
Posted By: dBmV

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 11:10 AM

I like the scout team idea a lot too. First time entrants and previous team members that blanked have to kill to get on a team next year. I enjoy the contest either way, but it would be better if the guys that don't participate would get seeded out.
Slippinlipjr. I hope you don't think we are bashing the contest in any way. Just brainstorming to see how we can make it more fun.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:06 PM

Some type of re-boot is probably needed. Too many regulars to the turkey forum have quit over the years.

Been a few suggestions of how to weed out non-participants. But, that’s not easy. Don’t know what you do?
Posted By: Chickenrig

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/25/20 01:11 PM

I want a turkey !!! Oh i mean i want a trophy!!!! WAAAAA😪
It’s not a quantity game,it’s a quality game.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chickenrig

The hell you say.
Posted By: AU coonhunter

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by BrentM

The hell you say.

Tell him Brent. It is my goal to kill as many gobblers as I can. I love big spurs, but I love 2 year olds as well.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 12:59 AM

Teams are luck of the draw. You’ve got to hope that everybody on your team hunts and you have a couple of guys who hunt several states. That ups your chances of killing a long spurred 25lber.

Of course there have been quite a few Alabama hammers entered the last few years. If I remember correctly there were some butthurt folks a couple years ago about the turkey weights being posted 😀

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by BrentM

The hell you say.

Chicken rig doesn’t understand the Turkey hunting sickness . Alabama will only allow 5 legally , I’d like to kill 25 , therefore I have to travel . Killing 25 ups the odds of a couple of them being studs .

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 02:23 AM

This is my second yr of turkey hunting and I want to kill all I can minus a couple to keep breeding.
Posted By: BIG-AL

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 05:50 PM

Teams are luck of the draw. You’ve got to hope that everybody on your team hunts and you have a couple of guys who hunt several states. That ups your chances of killing a long spurred 25lber.

Of course there have been quite a few Alabama hammers entered the last few years. If I remember correctly there were some butthurt folks a couple years ago about the turkey weights being posted 😀

Bathroom scales never lie.😁
Posted By: BC

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 06:19 PM

So are we doing the 18 birds per team thing no matter who kills them?
Posted By: HHSyelper

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 06:31 PM

Is the sign up over? I've been debating on signing up for year, but guess its time to join the fun. Never mind found it.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/26/20 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by BC

Yall are the champs, should be the decision of the winning team to decide whether the rules are changed or not.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/27/20 05:47 PM

When are teams going to be picked? I know several of us will be hunting next weekend.
Posted By: teamduckdown

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/27/20 06:12 PM

When are teams going to be picked? I know several of us will be hunting next weekend.

They never pick until right before the opener... if you drew now, there would only be 11 teams. Thats the fewest (by far) that ive ever seen.
Posted By: Chickenrig

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/27/20 08:59 PM

Dux
I get it and got it ,but i don’t have the money or ability to hunt far from the house so i have to do what i gotta do to ensure birds for the following year . I can’t kill every 2 yr old that comes in . I enjoy the show just the same maybe even more when they walk away . Trust me ,i’d like to travel and kill a pile just not in the cards! No big deal , i live thru you guys who can as long as you post up some good pics .

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/27/20 09:15 PM

Dux
I get it and got it ,but i don’t have the money or ability to hunt far from the house so i have to do what i gotta do to ensure birds for the following year . I can’t kill every 2 yr old that comes in . I enjoy the show just the same maybe even more when they walk away . Trust me ,i’d like to travel and kill a pile just not in the cards! No big deal , i live thru you guys who can as long as you post up some good pics .

How exactly do you determine it is a 2 year old before you kill it?

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/27/20 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by AU coonhunter
Dux

How exactly do you determine it is a 2 year old before you kill it?

I’d like to know that too, not that I care what he is but no way I can tell you how old he is before I pull the trigger
Posted By: Gobble4me757

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/27/20 10:16 PM

Just throwing an idea out there...what if we added a 3 point bump to any Bama turkey? Just an idea and take it for what it’s worth...

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/27/20 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by teamduckdown

They never pick until right before the opener... if you drew now, there would only be 11 teams. Thats the fewest (by far) that ive ever seen.

Numbers have been steady dropping. And a lot of regular forum guys not participating. I’m all for a re-boot, but don’t know answer. Whatever team is current Team 1 will likely be against a big change. Maybe just don’t have a Team 1? Just re-shuffle the deck every year.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/28/20 12:24 AM

Prob the worst idea yet , what’s wrong with 18 birds total if 1 guys kills em or all six combine to kill them , that’s about as fair of an idea as iv heard . . . And I think all of team one is ok with that . If anybody needs a refresher course on why you don’t need an everybody gets a trophy set of rules go over To OG and look at the rules page. then if you have never joined OG do it and start a thread asking if you can bring a team from Alabama to participate in a turkey contest . Not only will they say no they will boot you off the forum

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/28/20 02:10 AM

Prob the worst idea yet , what’s wrong with 18 birds total if 1 guys kills em or all six combine to kill them , that’s about as fair of an idea as iv heard . . . And I think all of team one is ok with that . If anybody needs a refresher course on why you don’t need an everybody gets a trophy set of rules go over To OG and look at the rules page. then if you have never joined OG do it and start a thread asking if you can bring a team from Alabama to participate in a turkey contest . Not only will they say no they will boot you off the forum

It’s just an idea. I think you would have more sign up with a re-shuffled deck.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/28/20 02:28 AM

We know even if the rules change no one will beat the new team 1.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/28/20 03:19 AM

We know even if the rules change no one will beat the new team 1.

That’s what they said about the old team 1 that won 5-6 years in a row

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 02/28/20 09:04 PM

Yall have some shonuff Turkey killers on yalls team.
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/16/20 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by BC
I sure hope so. I think I saw a yay vote in this thread from everyone on your team but crenshawco. Sure would be fun for a majority of the teams to not be out of the running the day of the draw.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/16/20 05:02 PM

Are teams being picked today

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/16/20 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD
Originally Posted by BC
I sure hope so. I think I saw a yay vote in this thread from everyone on your team but crenshawco. Sure would be fun for a majority of the teams to not be out of the running the day of the draw.

If this happens, I’ll take the last spot if you need to get the numbers right.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/16/20 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by JUGHEAD
Originally Posted by BC

Doesn't matter to me. I'm good with whatever
Posted By: Forrestgump1

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/16/20 07:09 PM

So when are teams picked? And how do you know what team your on? Apparently team one already knows who their teammates are.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/16/20 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Forrestgump1
So when are teams picked? And how do you know what team your on? Apparently team one already knows who their teammates are.

They know because winning team stays the same the following year. They won last year so keep the same people.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/17/20 01:28 AM

We hit the number I was looking for. Just locked the sign up thread. The teams will be drawn and posted tomorrow when I get the time to. We will have 15 teams.
Posted By: TravisBatey

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/20/20 07:36 PM

Am I missing the teams list? I dont see the thread posted anywhere
Posted By: Coosa1

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/20/20 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by TravisBatey

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3072594#Post3072594

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/20/20 07:41 PM

Sharkguard doesn’t run itself
Posted By: Wapiti55

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/20/20 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Coosa1

http://www.aldeer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3072594#Post3072594

I click the link but I don’t see the posted teams. Looks like a different thread

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/20/20 08:07 PM

He ain’t picking yet , I told him to hold off until you and JBatey write me a turkey permit .
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/20/20 11:06 PM

He ain’t picking yet , I told him to hold off until you and JBatey write me a turkey permit .

Turns out this years turkey contest has just been cancelled. rofl

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/20/20 11:57 PM

I want to be on 257wbymag ,s team.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/21/20 12:12 AM

Y'all just gonna have to bear with me. I've been up to my eyeballs in alligators lately trying to make as much $ as possible. I've told all my employees to stay home so it is just me. Everyone's future isn't looking very promising right now. I should have time tomorrow to draw the teams. Tried to contact a few of the old heavy hitters I know. There's a few more on board. Oh and one more thing.....we will be doing the same as last time with free Aldeer stickers and cald stickers to the winning team.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/21/20 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by jbatey1

I see how it is lol ... heck I won’t even be able to hunt all the land I lucked up on in the past couple days , when I say lucked I mean free fiddy free.
I prob won’t even hunt out place till after the Oklahoma trip.
Posted By: jbatey1

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/21/20 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by jbatey1

I see how it is lol ... heck I won’t even be able to hunt all the land I lucked up on in the past couple days , when I say lucked I mean free fiddy free.
I prob won’t even hunt out place till after the Oklahoma trip.

I notice you didn’t go out of the way to call me about the land that we lucked into, either. grin

I don’t have luck. I had to marry the farmers daughter to have my hunting land. laugh
Posted By: buckbrush

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/21/20 01:19 AM

If we kill a bird and don't have anyone to take a picture should we just put " Team ?".

I jest. Take care of business that's the important thing. The team is just a fun way to pass time. Hope everyone has a safe hunt and season.

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/21/20 01:22 AM

Lol I wouldn’t want to take u to a bad spot ,so I went and scouted for us . Checked one out yesterday . Seen turkeys . Checked the other out this eve in the rain . Still need to investigate closer .

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/21/20 11:21 PM

I want to be on 257wbymag ,s team.

You'll be on team 11......with a couple of known killas. Will post the teams in a bit. Almost done.
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/21/20 11:36 PM

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/22/20 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Wapiti55

I click the link but I don’t see the posted teams. Looks like a different thread

Why didn't you sign up if you are so interested?

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/22/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by !shiloh!
There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear

I don't know either but something is about to happen. You'll be on Team 4 shiloh
Posted By: !shiloh!

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/22/20 12:17 AM

That's a big team 4 rubber ducky

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/22/20 12:31 AM

Team 1 - Flipping the Bird - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
foldemup
Goose11
crenshawco
Big Game Hunter
duxlayer
BC
Team Total: - - -

Team 2 - - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
BC Reb
Squadron 77
Rolloverdave
DoeCommander
Carbonclimer1
jcap03

Team 3 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
cchoque 93
Dekalb123
MarkBama
Browning7Mag
Gobble4me757
757_Mauser

Team 4 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
Shiloh
hoytboy14
crocker
HHSyelper
BD
deerslayer84

Team 5 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
Gib
jklep
MoodyC24
SouthBamaSlayer
turkeyneck
sportrep

Team 6 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
AUcoonhunter
limbhanger56
YEKRUT
Turkey Joe
Mbrock
jdfarm23

Team 7 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
bamaeyedoc
chickenrig
bgarrett
tenthlegionaire
forrestgump1
highlander

Team 8 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
AUwrestler
HOYT 09
tbest3
reeve025
dBmV
bustinbeards

Team 9 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
brotherhood
257wbymag
BigCountry062307
Southwood7
Coosa1
bugman

Team 10 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
n2deer
DoeMaster
tailwalk7
MTeague
slughunter
jcap03

Team 11 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
jbatey1
Atoler
Hopper35005
teamduckdown
cooperjohn
Justin Brown

Team 12 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
JugHead
hayman
Clark8907
hootn
SJ22
hunterturf

Team 13 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL
bhammedic84
okfuski
bentbarrel
travisbatey
buckbrush
bwhunter

Team 14 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL

ridgestalker
ALMODUX
Wade
beRad
YAK-EM
alight1983

Team 15 - Bird 1 - Bird 2 - Bird 3 - TOTAL

Redhead5
Doeslayer44
Jellyhead11
Cgardner
Bama1971
CAL
Posted By: Wapiti55

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/22/20 01:00 AM

Actually when you said three days ago you needed more members I offered. The sign up thread was already locked so I thought I was signing up by responding with an offer.
Originally Posted by slippinlipjr
Originally Posted by Wapiti55

Why didn't you sign up if you are so interested?
Posted By: jcap03

Re: Team ALDEER Turkey Contest - 03/22/20 01:36 PM

I'm on 2 teams team 2 and team 10 for some reason wapiti55 can take one of my spots if he still wants it.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM