Aldeer.com

Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest

Posted By: Huntinman

Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest - 01/29/20 02:25 PM

Has anyone used or have any experience with this vest? I like its modular design and simplicity and was wondering what the pros and cons may be.

Amazon has a good price on it right now....

https://www.amazon.com/ALPS-Outdoor...+long+spur&qid=1580307726&sr=8-2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bama1971

Re: Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest - 01/29/20 02:30 PM

I like that. never seen one. might have to get one as backup for when my Russell finally bites the dust.
Posted By: crenshawco

Re: Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest - 01/29/20 02:31 PM

I tried one for the better part of a season two years ago. I liked it, but I carry too much junk and didn't have enough room.

Re: Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest - 01/29/20 02:35 PM

The fact that the rear lumbar pack and the two shoulder strap packs are removable make it like nothing I've seen in a turkey vest before.

There is also a game/decoy bag that unfolds from the zippered pocket on the back of your shoulders.
Posted By: GomerPyle

Re: Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest - 01/29/20 03:25 PM

does it come with a butt pad (or can you get one that goes with it?) To me, at least 50% of the attraction of a vest is having the seat with me at all times and not having to tote it. I carry a bunch of crap with me, but 95% of the time, all I use is 1 houndstooth mouth call. If I never used the butt pad I could probably convince myself to not wear a vest at all.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest - 01/29/20 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by GomerPyle

To me, at least 50% of the attraction of a vest is having the seat with me at all times and not having to tote it.

Big time

Re: Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest - 01/29/20 03:46 PM

There is an "upgraded" version of the vest for sale that does come with a butt pad.
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Alps Outdoorz Long Spur Vest - 01/29/20 04:33 PM

That's a cool design but to me the Knight and Hale Run and Gun checks all the boxes for a minimalist type vest.
© 2024 ALDEER.COM