Posted By: CarbonClimber1

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 12:23 PM

Uhhhh....thasss spensive
Posted By: jlbuc10

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 01:51 PM

That lease is available every year
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 02:38 PM

That’s getting on up there. $5/ acre is getting a little silly.
Posted By: BREEZE1

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by BrentM

All these turkey lease prices have got silly in my opinion.
Posted By: Ray_Coon

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 03:36 PM

I’ve always heard the rule of thumb is around a dollar an acre. Trouble is, you can never find it for this. There is always a turkey hunter with deeper pockets than most of us driving up the lease prices. Based on what I see around here every year, the days of cheap or free hunting are gone, unless you want to fight the crowds on public.
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 04:19 PM

some dumbarse will pay it by the end of the day. Turkey lease prices are out of control. I'll start stomping around on public land or just say to hell with it before I pay that kind of money.

Dr. B
Posted By: JUGHEAD

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 04:45 PM

Those prices are CRAZY.
Posted By: North40R

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 05:16 PM

I don't understand how people can possibly pay those prices!

No way average Joe can swing that! I damn sure can't and honestly wouldn't even if I had the money to throw away.

I know a guy that got caught trespassing on a VERY large club about 20 years ago, his fine and court cost were less than 1/6th of what members of the club pay yearly. He paid his fine and as he walked past the " private game warden" who oversees the land on his way out he smiled and told him " Well it took 10 years and you getting tons of help to catch me and I'm still about $59,000 to the good! See ya next weekend! "
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 06:43 PM

Plenty of people pay $10+/acre for deer. If the turkey hunting is great, it doesn't seem out of line. I'm not saying I'd pay it, but someone will.
Posted By: sw1002

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/22/20 07:20 PM

Deer season is also 4 months long. This year turkey season is only 39 days. Not to open another can of worms here, but it makes we want to vomit every time I think about not being able to hunt until March 21st.
Posted By: NFHunter

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/23/20 01:39 AM

Too rich for my blood. I hunt poor man's public.
Posted By: BrentM

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/23/20 03:22 AM

Me and a buddy are paying $3.50/ acre for a place but it’s a dang good place

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/23/20 03:38 AM

i got my education from the university of skyline...allat private land is fir sissys...ever now an then tho...id like to dudd up an priss around on some of that sissy land with all them suicidal gravy gobblers...maybe one day ill be rich enough to be a turkey snob....hobb nobb with only the most ELITE turkey hunters...create my very own turkey hit list an only shoot mature 4.5 yo gobbluhs..i can envite all my turkey snob freinds over to my.."lease"...an we can discuss the fineuh points of QTM....aka...quality turkey management. rofl
Posted By: 257wbymag

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/23/20 03:41 AM

It’s aleet. Not elite
Posted By: bamaeyedoc

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/23/20 02:36 PM

Me and a buddy are paying $3.50/ acre for a place but it’s a dang good place

Y'all are actually paying $1.75 each so that would be the only way I could justify that. Still, there better be at least 1.5 limits of birds on a tract like that for me to even give it a second thought. Since I only know of 1 guy that I would share a lease with and he owns 800 acres in Lowndes that he hunts so he's not motivated anymore to lease land. I'm usually footing the whole bill so that price would be out of the question for me alone. Glad you got a good place tho.

Dr. B
Posted By: 3toe

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/24/20 03:30 PM

Which one of you leased it? Fess up. A buddy of mine called to inquire on it and the lady said it was already taken.
Posted By: Remington270

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/24/20 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe
Which one of you leased it? Fess up. A buddy of mine called to inquire on it and the lady said it was already taken.

I guess all the overpriced talk was wrong laugh
Posted By: Tailwalk7

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/25/20 12:36 AM

Russel or Pickens county is taken??
Posted By: Ben2

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/27/20 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 3toe

Unless he called last night after 7 she was mistaken. Its $11,000 with the camp house I called about it and they seem really anxious to get ot leased. He has emailed me 2 or 3 times since to see if I was ready for it. Last night he said they had someone else interested in it but wanted to check with me. I told em to lease it if they had someone willing.

[Linked Image]

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/27/20 01:08 PM

If its that afoa lease..that sucker is available ever year
Posted By: Atoler

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/27/20 03:16 PM

That’s not the lease he was referring to
Posted By: Tailwalk7

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/27/20 05:24 PM

$11,000....lol....

Re: Turkey lease posted - 01/27/20 05:50 PM